Gonzo & the Messiah

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: Gonzo & the Messiah

Post by ToneLoc »

My own opinion on Moyes has remained consistent.
Not a fan of him strategically and tactically. And will remain skeptical until proven otherwise.
But, I’m also a pragmatist and the thought of the dwarf tearing everything up and starting from scratch yet again fills me with MORE dread than giving Moyes a go along with Nolan and Nevin.

Just like having to support Tottenham against a relegation rival and still shitting bricks even when 3-0 up at half time...... supporting this team under this regime can play havoc with one’s sense of instinct.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

ToneLoc wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:42 pm My own opinion on Moyes has remained consistent.
Not a fan of him strategically and tactically. And will remain skeptical until proven otherwise.
But, I’m also a pragmatist and the thought of the dwarf tearing everything up and starting from scratch yet again fills me with MORE dread than giving Moyes a go along with Nolan and Nevin.

Just like having to support Tottenham against a relegation rival and still shitting bricks even when 3-0 up at half time...... supporting this team under this regime can play havoc with one’s sense of instinct.
It’s the praise and adulation based on the 3 results I mentioned above that I can’t understand .

Or do I ?

West Ham fans are a bit of a fickle bunch .

And easily pleased.
Bring back Jonathon !

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:44 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:33 pm

I couldn't agree more my good man. Just wait until the jock Marty feldman turns up in Der Fuhrer's caravanette with bagfulls of pictures of himself and hughill dressed in full gimp regalia being led around on a lead by Muktar the Indian goat farmer from Jaywick. Won't be so Blaise then will he.
And it's no good him trying to look like a Mexican bandit either, it wasn't so long ago he was on the underground disgracing himself!
Yes indeed my fellow depraved one as Mel said in the film "you can tek ar women, but y'all ne have our fish supper"!
Indeed.

I had wondered about 'the new look'. Maybe a biker's cap and a white singlet instead of the home shirt would be more in order. With the Communards blaring out in the background.

As for the Messiah, my daughter spotted him outside Staines station this morning, a bit worse for wear, mumbling something about 'payin a visit tae that wee fucker in Berkshire' and having a 'special delivery for the bassa if I can get ma arse up tae the letter box'.

He was rummaging around for the fare though.

She gave him 50p.
I concur.
Maybe he should do videos dressed like a New York cop from the eighties. Instead of "black lives matter" he could have "me arse is in tatters" as a slogan adorning the said leather jacket.
As an aside, all this talk of leather has me all of a fluster. I may have to pull one out.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:54 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:42 pm My own opinion on Moyes has remained consistent.

It’s the praise and adulation based on the 3 results I mentioned above that I can’t understand .

Or do I ?

And easily pleased.
How very dare you.
We haven't won anything for 400 years and now we're fickle!!!!!!
I've a good mind to have you wear a millwank shirt for a week as penence.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:54 pm

Or do I ?

And easily pleased.
Praise and adulation through some much-needed, light-hearted relief based purely on the here and now since “Project Restart”?
Or praise and adulation because a load of people think he’s suddenly become the “Kilted Klopp”?
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

9898 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:55 pm
Newmarket wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:46 am

Cringeworthy indeed .

Public opinion seems to be changing on the back of a couple of victories against 2 Championship standard teams and a dreadful Chelsea defence.

Dee Fuhrer and his minions are getting sucked in along with thousands of social media lackies.

At least wee jock Poo Pong McPlop (G) seems to have his wits about him And isn’t getting carried away.

Never Surrender.

Just watched it, well some of it, after seeing this thread.
Cringe City.
Stopped watching the Hammerschat videos as they lack 'authenticity' now. Acting gig for the presenters.

West Ham Fan TV is a must watch if you want true, authentic West Ham fans talking from the heart.
Perhaps while cringing you can get a feeling what all of us feel when we see numbers at the top of a thread! Much like you're team analysis, I hold this in low regard!
#fuckqatar2022

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

We know what the problem is and we do not deserve a manager better than Moyes, even if we could get one (which we couldn't).

I liken him to a 4 door Hyundai. No one is going to thumb through What Car and think wow what a babe, I cant wait to own one of these! But it is going to get you safely from A to B with boring reliability.

If his answer to fixing Pellegrini's mess of Anderson & Sanchez is Soucek & Bowen, then I am quite happy for him to continue with that.

We need to take a few steps back and look at it objectively. The club is a toxic cesspit and that will never change until GSB go. In terms of wealth, they are like average income mom and pop as we call them over here who can comfortably afford - well, rent from the taxpayer :lol: - a nice 3 bedroom family home in Dartford, some nice gear for the kids and a couple of weeks in Spain each year, but it is beyond their means to put an S Class AMG or Panamera on the front drive and upgrade to a detached place in Sevenoaks with a pool, sauna and room for a pony. So a bland but affordable Hyundai it is.

We can't go down, it would be a disaster and we just need some stability to establish ourselves the higher end of mid table. Expecting anything more than that is unrealistic for now. Unfortunately the boring Hyundai is probably the best chance of securing that short term if he can bring in more players of the ilk of Soucek & Bowen to fix our other problem areas. It's not sexy Citeh or Chelski football, but we can't go toe to toe with them, so we need to be more like Blunts or Burnley to achieve that objective by getting in hard working fighters rather than lightweight glitzy ballerina types. Wolves would be the ideal model, maybe they are like an Audi S4 or something, but we are nothing like them in any aspect to begin to emulate them. So we need that boringly reliable Hyundai just to keep us motoring along with the big boys.

With GSB in charge, all you can do is switch the Hyundai for a Kia if you're lucky, but more likely get an Allegro, Montego or Cavalier from the 80's. We tried the classic Ferrari, but the dealer failed to them it was broken and only ran when you could coast down a hill. When you hit the bottom, despite a couple of false dawns from bump starts, um, you need to get the Hyundai to come and pick you up. Unfortunately it was middle of winter and snowing and the Hyundai didn't have snow tires... but it melted off and the going got easier for us to pull ourselves up out of the brink of the abyss, maybe we can be thankful for the boring old Hyundai after all even if we don't like it and causes some anxiety along the way... after all, what does our song say? Fortunes always hiding...

Post by 9898 »

Hammertime wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:39 pm
9898 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:55 pm

Just watched it, well some of it, after seeing this thread.
Cringe City.
Stopped watching the Hammerschat videos as they lack 'authenticity' now. Acting gig for the presenters.

West Ham Fan TV is a must watch if you want true, authentic West Ham fans talking from the heart.
Perhaps while cringing you can get a feeling what all of us feel when we see numbers at the top of a thread! Much like you're team analysis, I hold this in low regard!
Who are you?
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BCHammer wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:46 pm We know what the problem is and we do not deserve a manager better than Moyes, even if we could get one (which we couldn't).

I liken him to a 4 door Hyundai. No one is going to thumb through What Car and think wow what a babe, I cant wait to own one of these! But it is going to get you safely from A to B with boring reliability.

If his answer to fixing Pellegrini's mess of Anderson & Sanchez is Soucek & Bowen, then I am quite happy for him to continue with that.

We need to take a few steps back and look at it objectively. The club is a toxic cesspit and that will never change until GSB go. In terms of wealth, they are like average income mom and pop as we call them over here who can comfortably afford - well, rent from the taxpayer :lol: - a nice 3 bedroom family home in Dartford, some nice gear for the kids and a couple of weeks in Spain each year, but it is beyond their means to put an S Class AMG or Panamera on the front drive and upgrade to a detached place in Sevenoaks with a pool, sauna and room for a pony. So a bland but affordable Hyundai it is.

We can't go down, it would be a disaster and we just need some stability to establish ourselves the higher end of mid table. Expecting anything more than that is unrealistic for now. Unfortunately the boring Hyundai is probably the best chance of securing that short term if he can bring in more players of the ilk of Soucek & Bowen to fix our other problem areas. It's not sexy Citeh or Chelski football, but we can't go toe to toe with them, so we need to be more like Blunts or Burnley to achieve that objective by getting in hard working fighters rather than lightweight glitzy ballerina types. Wolves would be the ideal model, maybe they are like an Audi S4 or something, but we are nothing like them in any aspect to begin to emulate them. So we need that boringly reliable Hyundai just to keep us motoring along with the big boys.

With GSB in charge, all you can do is switch the Hyundai for a Kia if you're lucky, but more likely get an Allegro, Montego or Cavalier from the 80's. We tried the classic Ferrari, but the dealer failed to them it was broken and only ran when you could coast down a hill. When you hit the bottom, despite a couple of false dawns from bump starts, um, you need to get the Hyundai to come and pick you up. Unfortunately it was middle of winter and snowing and the Hyundai didn't have snow tires... but it melted off and the going got easier for us to pull ourselves up out of the brink of the abyss, maybe we can be thankful for the boring old Hyundai after all even if we don't like it and causes some anxiety along the way... after all, what does our song say? Fortunes always hiding...
That’s all very good but what’s that got to do with the Gonzo Moyes noshing ? :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

BCHammer wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:46 pm We know what the problem is and we do not deserve a manager better than Moyes, even if we could get one (which we couldn't).

and that is why I am done with my season tickets

Got no interest in aspiring to be boring - got no interest in celebrating premier league survival as if it is something positive. If I am the owner servicing high interest loans with Premier League appearance money then it probably is - as a fan - how can it be?

Emulating Burnley. I would rather give up watching altogether. As for the Blunts - they will be found out next season. Happened to Reading and Wigan before them