Another one bites the dust.....

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: Another one bites the dust.....

Post by hd1 »

A number of reasons why they don't stay, but the issue is not with our club per se, it is general.

1. They see the success Jadon Sancho has made and think "I'll have some of that". (They forget the Reece Oxfords though).
2. It is rare at any PL club for an 18 year old to get a chance, let alone a run of games. So their chances are very limited here whereas in Germany they tend to play them more.
3. The grass is always greener with Agents whispering in their ears.
4. They would rather go to Germany than play at League 1 Burton Albion on loan

As has also been said, how many of these 'starlets' actually make the grade, and how many have slipped through our net in the last 5 years?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

The days of locally produced youngsters has long gone people travel around more these days
Agents ,advisors ,sweeteners for families even a bit of greed it happens at most fucking clubs
Most of these superkids are not going to be what they are hyped up to be.
The production line continues.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

A friend of mine works for a premier League club. One day a kid I'll get dropped off by his parents in an old ford Sierra, next week the same kids parents are driving around in a fucking range rover, and all because the kid can stand upright! If he can run with a ball, the skies the limit!
Happens all the time. For every 100 kids, they'll be lucky if two actually make the grade. And even then there's no guarantee he'll get anywhere near first team football.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

h69

Post by h69 »

garnett wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:40 am Morning,

I think it`s irrelevant if this lad makes the grade or not elsewhere, I want to know WHY these players don`t see a future with us and what WHUFC is doing about it, I have my own theories which I stated on other threads, I would like Ricky Martin to make a statement, he is very quick to have photo opportunities when scholars first put pen to paper.
Nothing to do with 'us' per se.

It is a fact now that many players are lured to leave PL academies by agents while their stock is high if they are not immediately brought into the first team. The Germans find value in raw youngsters like they got with Jadon Sancho given there is far less money in the German game because of the way the clubs are run.

Here there is far more money so PL clubs tend to buy ready made success. Players making it through like Mount, Rice and Calvert-Lewin are more the exception than the rule as it was in the good old days before the game went money mad. In the old days, kids cleaned the boots and were thankful of an apprenticeship.....now they are all over social media flouting cash and goodies when they have not yet made it. (Reece Oxford a case in point)

hd1

Post by hd1 »

h69 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:52 pm Nothing to do with 'us' per se.

It is a fact now that many players are lured to leave PL academies by agents while their stock is high if they are not immediately brought into the first team. The Germans find value in raw youngsters like they got with Jadon Sancho given there is far less money in the German game because of the way the clubs are run.

Here there is far more money so PL clubs tend to buy ready made success. Players making it through like Mount, Rice and Calvert-Lewin are more the exception than the rule as it was in the good old days before the game went money mad. In the old days, kids cleaned the boots and were thankful of an apprenticeship.....now they are all over social media flouting cash and goodies when they have not yet made it. (Reece Oxford a case in point)
I may have made a simlar post earlier ;) :lol:

h69

Post by h69 »

hd1 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:32 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:52 pm Nothing to do with 'us' per se.

I may have made a simlar post earlier ;) :lol:
Sorry.....I saw that now. I didn't read the whole thread so serves me right....just saw the comment and replied.

h69

Post by h69 »

hd1 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:32 pm A number of reasons why they don't stay, but the issue is not with our club per se, it is general.

1. They see the success Jadon Sancho has made and think "I'll have some of that". (They forget the Reece Oxfords though).
2. It is rare at any PL club for an 18 year old to get a chance, let alone a run of games. So their chances are very limited here whereas in Germany they tend to play them more.
3. The grass is always greener with Agents whispering in their ears.
4. They would rather go to Germany than play at League 1 Burton Albion on loan

As has also been said, how many of these 'starlets' actually make the grade, and how many have slipped through our net in the last 5 years?
Couldn't have put it better myself :lol:

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Are we same the person?

Spooky :lol:

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Bring back Jonathon !