2020 FA cup final

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Re: 2020 FA cup final

Post by Flairon »

9898 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:25 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:17 pm

Was chatting in a pub to his uncle Ben yesterday
He reckons its a no go.
When you boil it down, his uncles nothing and has to curry flavour by telling fans private information.
Groan...... Best get both of your coats........ :roll: :D
Flairon

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:20 pm
Hammertime wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:39 pm

Speaking of the global reach of the game, players taking knee resonates well over here with the on going police brutality and institutional racism that is rife in many parts of this society. I'm sure for the black players that get racially abused by the mongs on that side of the Atlantic are proud to take that knee, want it stop, KICK IT OUT, instead of bemoaning the protest over it . And now for the racist counterpoint about a hijacked BLM movement...
Yes,but this taking the knee originated in 2016 when Colin Kaepernick a NFL player refused to stand during the national anthem.He made his point,became recognised and never competed again in the NFL after the season ended.Probably because nobody would hire him.

His reason,he was protesting racism. And - in his mind - his protest was against the national anthem,stars and stripes and what they represent. So we might ask yourselves what exactly do they represent.

Firstly they don't represent racism. They represent the constitution as defined,agreed,ratified when the US became one nation. Furthermore it enshrines the fundamental laws and certain basic rights for all it's citizens. It's like grandma's nightgown - it covers everything.

And it was so cleverly worded and comprehensively fair that it has endured for over 300 years. So when a sportsman decides that isn't good enough for him,some people will assess he's a bit of a cunt. Not all people but some
Thanks for the history and civics lesson for the county I"ve lived in for over 20 years, now let me clarify some points for you. The major contradiction for Blacks in America are the words the Constitution compared to the actions of its people. The constitution was drafted by slave owners and despite containing language that would suggest that this was immoral and wrong, it took a civil war almost a century later to compel all the states to agree that slavery was no longer allowed. Then it took a further century for a group of black protesters to organize and gain the vote for black americans and shake loose from the Jim Crow era laws that had effectively denied Blacks equal rights in any facet of society until then. So how many years of contradictions and how many amendments later are we still denying the centuries of institutional racism in this country? Add to that for profit prisons, an insanely racists drug policy the legacy of denied land ownership and overall police brutality and you start to see what might make an athlete take a knee.
#fuckqatar2022

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Hammertime wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:40 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:20 pm
Yes,but this taking the knee originated in 2016 when Colin Kaepernick a NFL player refused to stand during the national anthem.He made his point,became recognised and never competed again in the NFL after the season ended.Probably because nobody would hire him.

His reason,he was protesting racism. And - in his mind - his protest was against the national anthem,stars and stripes and what they represent. So we might ask yourselves what exactly do they represent.

Firstly they don't represent racism. They represent the constitution as defined,agreed,ratified when the US became one nation. Furthermore it enshrines the fundamental laws and certain basic rights for all it's citizens. It's like grandma's nightgown - it covers everything.

And it was so cleverly worded and comprehensively fair that it has endured for over 300 years. So when a sportsman decides that isn't good enough for him,some people will assess he's a bit of a cunt. Not all people but some
Thanks for the history and civics lesson for the county I"ve lived in for over 20 years, now let me clarify some points for you. The major contradiction for Blacks in America are the words the Constitution compared to the actions of its people. The constitution was drafted by slave owners and despite containing language that would suggest that this was immoral and wrong, it took a civil war almost a century later to compel all the states to agree that slavery was no longer allowed. Then it took a further century for a group of black protesters to organize and gain the vote for black americans and shake loose from the Jim Crow era laws that had effectively denied Blacks equal rights in any facet of society until then. So how many years of contradictions and how many amendments later are we still denying the centuries of institutional racism in this country? Add to that for profit prisons, an insanely racists drug policy the legacy of denied land ownership and overall police brutality and you start to see what might make an athlete take a knee.
Nicely elucidated. I agree with the comment on "profit prisons" and the drug policy. I would question the comment "overall police brutality" as the statistics are not there to form that conclusion. A few bad apples doesn't destroy the worth of the whole orchard.

There were about 3 million police/public interactions last year and maybe 20 that caused some kind of controversy.

However to use those few unsavoury happenings,to deliberately create a negative energy flow that predictability leads to mass disturbances,is a planned response using an opportunity to challenge existing authorities. Or a dry run,see how far we can go this time.That's it.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

To be fair, it was quite a good game.
Flairon

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:17 pm
Hammertime wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:40 pm

Nicely elucidated. I agree with the comment on "profit prisons" and the drug policy. I would question the comment "overall police brutality" as the statistics are not there to form that conclusion. A few bad apples doesn't destroy the worth of the whole orchard.

There were about 3 million police/public interactions last year and maybe 20 that caused some kind of controversy.

However to use those few unsavoury happenings,to deliberately create a negative energy flow that predictability leads to mass disturbances,is a planned response using an opportunity to challenge existing authorities. Or a dry run,see how far we can go this time.That's it.
Stats only show so much and these day's not as much as camera phones it would appear. They also don't show all the harassment that goes on at so many levels of society and presumption of guilt before innocence that is self evident among civilian and cops alike. My own friend and neighbour is a successful restaurant chain owner and is black man married to a white woman. Our neighbours called the police because they saw him driving his 15 yr old black son and his white girlfriend on our street! He had the cops knocking on his door to make sure the kids were there voluntarily! Anyway point being, this goes on all the fkin time and that's why they're taking a knee over here and that's why we're attempting to demilitarize the police and funnel some of that money into civic programs that will somehow look to treat people that have problems rather than harass them and jail them.
#fuckqatar2022