Our fans reaction to our Team taking the knee

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Our fans reaction to our Team taking the knee

Post by terrya1965 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:53 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:35 pm

You can call it bullshit if you like..That don`t bother me at all..It`s up to you or anyone else,who wants to believe me tbh.It is really no skin off my nose.
I think you will find Terence,that your reputation on Hammers Chat - established over long standing - allows you some considerable latitude when you claim first hand experience.

Mine on the other hand does not and is rightly dismissed with the sort of disdain that is afforded a common drunk,who turns up in public not wearing trousers
:lol: :lol:

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:53 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:35 pm

You can call it bullshit if you like..That don`t bother me at all..It`s up to you or anyone else,who wants to believe me tbh.It is really no skin off my nose.
I think you will find Terence,that your reputation on Hammers Chat - established over long standing - allows you some considerable latitude when you claim first hand experience.

Mine on the other hand does not and is rightly dismissed with the sort of disdain that is afforded a common drunk,who turns up in public not wearing trousers
On tube trains ? :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:54 am
Flairon wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:33 am

In other words, it has run it's course.
That's dictated by social media and what the "influencer's" decide is worthy. On Monday something is "important" and "edgy" and a month later is deemed naff and stale. It's a funny phenomena but people seem to think more about what others are thinking than backing their own thoughts.

And social media amplifies this and accelerates the latest fashionable position to adopt
Bullseye.....
Here’s what you could’ve won !
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:26 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:23 pm

You think 95% of black people “get it” ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I ain’t laughed so much since Grandma died .
Mate...ask a person..any person,Black,White,all shades in between..who's had the shit deal,and deserves help...

The 18 stone Drug taking freeloading,gun welding guy, high on drugs resisting arrest ...or a little 18 month old baby girl
in Yemen...Syria...or numerous other counties,who's dying from malnutrition...caused by her elders,while we all sit back
and do fuck all about it.

If the person you talk to says...well the Black Dude....then you've found one of the 5% ers....it's prob less than that even.

I'm not on about the average person who thinks blacks deserve a fairer crack at things...as indeed I do...but the 5% or
whatever it is that are driving this thing on, purely on hatred,who just want to..Basically.. fuck things up.
I think you're overestimating how many sensible people there are, mate.
Everyone under 25 on social media appears to fucking mental.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

h69 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:50 pm

If the person you talk to says...well the Black Dude....then you've found one of the 5% ers....it's prob less than that even.
I'm confused. Are you saying we cant point to someone and say 'the black dude' to point someone out ? Not to slag someone off but to just point them out.... Am I allowed to say 'the short dude' or 'the fat dude' ? Whats the difference ?

You are allowed to have Black History month and have the Music Of Black Origin awards but you cant describe the participants as black ?

Is it ok for people to call you a white dude ? Would you be offended ? I wouldn't....I am white

Its all a load of bollocks invented by people who have no idea what racism is.
You seem to have taken 1 line from a post and...made that the comment/ statement....do you work for the press/media H.... :lol:

Nah the Black Dude thing was an innocent comment....Black dude,White dude...fat dude,bald dude...not meant to be disrespectful,
or a negative description...could have used Black Bloke...Black man..
What was getting at is...there's a very very small minority of people that are driving this thing on and shit stirring,and that they
have more care and respect for the "Black Dude" then they do the little kiddies that are struggling and dying in various parts
of the world....their priorities are fucked...not that they care.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Neville Bartos wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:20 pm

Mate...ask a person..any person,Black,White,all shades in between..who's had the shit deal,and deserves help...

The 18 stone Drug taking freeloading,gun welding guy, high on drugs resisting arrest ...or a little 18 month old baby girl
in Yemen...Syria...or numerous other counties,who's dying from malnutrition...caused by her elders,while we all sit back
and do fuck all about it.

I'm not on about the average person who thinks blacks deserve a fairer crack at things...as indeed I do...but the 5% or
whatever it is that are driving this thing on, purely on hatred,who just want to..Basically.. fuck things up.
I think you're overestimating how many sensible people there are, mate.
Everyone under 25 on social media appears to fucking mental.
Don't do social media mate...seen the way it's gone..not my thing...I get by quite happily not using it...have accounts so can
see whats going on...
Can do brilliant stuff...bringing peoples attention to things ...fundraising etc...thats great...but rest of it is garbage.

A lot of the ones over 25 don't seem none to stable either.... :lol:

Serious note...don't think I'm far of in saying how 5% of the population seem to driving things at the moment....
with a helping hand from our Press/Media .....
Not just this blm shit either,right across a range of things.

h69

Post by h69 »

Hildreth_1101 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:46 am
h69 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:57 pm

Politics has no place in football. They need to do their job and leave the whining to the terminally over privileged.
Well no it doesn't but issue of Race or a movement to me isn't political it's more social, I think people should be doing it because they feel strongly about highlighting racism. I personally don't feel strongly about the issue, for me being White racism never really affected me, but I never would abuse someone based on their race because I was raised to treat people on the content of their character - so I don't want to be involved. I have no issue with it, I just don't care.

I understand why people do it, to try to influence people as they are role models, nothing political about the whole thing. Problem with Politics is it entrneches itself into the middle of social issues and for the most part makes people partisan - suddenly if you vote Conservative you're a racist and hate Black people and if you vote Labour you're a racist who hates Jewish people. Can't people just be people and think for themselves anymore. Why do you have to associate with a Political party for having a certain thought, most people want the same things, just have different opinions on how to get them.

But yeah I am glad this whole thing is dying down a little focus on the football.
Issues of race are indeed social but protests about it at UK football matches because of what is happening in the US is virtue signalling and shows this BLM movement is indeed political.

People that think a person saying white lives matter is a sackable offense from their job but Black Lives matter is important and we should all get behind that message are deluding themselves.

I do like this article though
https://policyexchange.org.uk/facts-vs- ... lm-debate/

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Flairon wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:33 am

In other words, it has run it's course.
That's dictated by social media and what the "influencer's" decide is worthy. On Monday something is "important" and "edgy" and a month later is deemed naff and stale. It's a funny phenomena but people seem to think more about what others are thinking than backing their own thoughts.

And social media amplifies this and accelerates the latest fashionable position to adopt
Never understood the whole "influencer" thing myself. Are people so mindless that they need someone to tell them what is cool and what is not.
Flairon

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Flairon wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:17 am

Never understood the whole "influencer" thing myself. Are people so mindless that they need someone to tell them what is cool and what is not.
I am afraid they are.People are so gullible nowadays.The majority haven't got minds of their own.We are a follow follow society.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:17 am
In a single word------hang on a minute-----just got to see what You Tube says----when I've checked it out I'll give you my opinion. ;)

Seriously It's been going on a long time before social media mate. You must have been to, or seen, group meetings where a vote gets taken by a show of hands. Watch what happens. A few hands go up then one or two more. And when there's quite a few hands up the rest of the sheep obey the majority.

So to answer your question I'd say that people who haven't got a mind of their own outnumber those that do.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?