Our fans reaction to our Team taking the knee

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Our fans reaction to our Team taking the knee

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:51 am
palerider wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:20 am It's reported that the Holy waistcoat will keep his job even if England fail badly.

I wonder why.
Coz he’s got fold back teeth, has good suction and long tongue action
Characteristics of a horse - why the long face

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

h69 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:43 pm
Flairon wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:32 pm Taking the knee is a peaceful protest against social injustice, not a political statement. I remain at a loss that anyone can be against, let alone angered by a peaceful protest.
You may be at a loss and it may be because you live in the US of Woke but it really is simple if you actually listen to the fans who booed.

There are a couple of things that we fundamentally disagree on.

They do it because politics should be banned from Sport permanently and the gesture of Kneeling and raising a fist in the air is historically political and started being used in this country again last year by a marxist organisation whose idol is a scumbag drug dealer and who want to defund the police but whose founders are creaming off the money these sad sacks send in as donations and using it to build a property portfolio.
You can't just decide to use it for something else and pretend that the political reason it was used in the first place does not exist.

Wear Kick its out T Shirts.
Point at an anti racism slogan on a T shirt
Have Anti racism slogans all over the stadium

No-one would object and there would be no booing.

People are booing not because they are racist but because these gestures ARE political whether people are using them to promote anti-racism or not and these footballers need to wake up and get rid of the gestures.

If I decide to use a Nazi salute to make a point and claim it is for anti-racism, would you object ? If I called you a racist because you booed it you would you then ?

Calling people racists because they are booing is lazy and ignorant. The fans are booing that gesture, not an anti-racism message but that does not fit the permanently offended snowflake agenda and allows people and especially Sky Sports and the media to use hours of airtime to virtue signal.
First and foremost, taking a stand against racism does not automatically make you 'woke'. It make you a decent upstanding member of society.

I do not agree that taking a knee is a political statement. It is in my opinion a peaceful protest against social injustice.

At no point did I say that people booing were racist.

I do however agree with you with regard to the kick it out T-shirts. We are imho at a stage where we have to look beyond simple gestures and look for practical solutions.

Smarter people than I have struggled with this issue, but one thing is for sure, I am not going to get up set by someone taking a knee. For me that gesture is a stand against racism (a social issue) and not support for a quasi political group. On this I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
Flairon

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:11 am
JayK wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:51 am

Coz he’s got fold back teeth, has good suction and long tongue action
Not only that but Walter Swinburn still manages to climb on his back for 10 seconds at kick off time.

The Holy Waistcoat ?

Kick it out I say .
:lol:
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Flairon wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:35 pm

You may be at a loss and it may be because you live in the US of Woke but it really is simple if you actually listen to the fans who booed.

They do it because politics should be banned from Sport permanently and the gesture of Kneeling and raising a fist in the air is historically political and started being used in this country again last year by a marxist organisation whose idol is a scumbag drug dealer and who want to defund the police but whose founders are creaming off the money these sad sacks send in as donations and using it to build a property portfolio.
You can't just decide to use it for something else and pretend that the political reason it was used in the first place does not exist.

People are booing not because they are racist but because these gestures ARE political whether people are using them to promote anti-racism or not and these footballers need to wake up and get rid of the gestures.

If I decide to use a Nazi salute to make a point and claim it is for anti-racism, would you object ? If I called you a racist because you booed it you would you then ?

Calling people racists because they are booing is lazy and ignorant. The fans are booing that gesture, not an anti-racism message but that does not fit the permanently offended snowflake agenda and allows people and especially Sky Sports and the media to use hours of airtime to virtue signal.
First and foremost, taking a stand against racism does not automatically make you 'woke'. It make you a decent upstanding member of society.

I do not agree that taking a knee is a political statement. It is in my opinion a peaceful protest against social injustice.

I do however agree with you with regard to the kick it out T-shirts. We are imho at a stage where we have to look beyond simple gestures and look for practical solutions.

Smarter people than I have struggled with this issue, but one thing is for sure, I am not going to get up set by someone taking a knee. For me that gesture is a stand against racism (a social issue) and not support for a quasi political group. On this I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
The funny thing is, those that defend the 'taking the knee' gesture are not even sure what they are defending now. They are naturally awkward about it's BLM associations and don't really like the fake solidarity with the 'George Floyd' followers.

So they are forced back to the incident where a US minor NFL sports person,disrespected the US national anthem on live TV, in order to raise awareness of racial inequality whilst making sure, he himself was elevated squarely into the centre of the debate,because nobody had heard of him before. Nice

As for the current 'taking the knee' waving, it should have died on it's silly arse 6 months ago. Instead it will die on it's last knee and be seen and remembered as yet another uselss bit of me-tooing...

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Our Islamic mayor has set up a football village in Potters fields park to take in the Euros atmosphere
England games will not be shown

h69

Post by h69 »

Flairon wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:35 pm

Taking a stand indeed does not make you woke but going totally over the top with positive discrimination does.

We see much box ticking here. On the SAS survival program they had to remove one of the 4 instructors because they were all white and replace him with a black guy. Both were good at what they were doing but people complained. There is also a trans contestant.....the people who seem to think that it is racist for 4 people to be straight and white are woke.

Secondly I didnt accuse you personally of calling anyone racist but the authorities are calling fans who boo racist. They are wrong and that is a lazy comment from idiots who don't want to understand what is being booed.

As I said....you can have an opinion it is not a political gesture but you can't disassociate that gesture from its political origins much like Anelkas gesture at UP a few years ago. They may all think they mean something different but that gesture is political and no amount of ignoring history can erase its origins. Cancel culture must stop. There is nothing for us to disagree about because that gesture stands for a political organisation whether you ignore it or not.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:18 pm Our Islamic mayor has set up a football village in Potters fields park to take in the Euros atmosphere

Can imagine in one of Madrids many Parks..."We're showing the Euros but not our own Spains games....." :lol:
or Moscow,Rome,Munich.Cardiff,Glasgow,Amsterdam,Prague,Zagreb,Istanbul.............................................................

Bloody ridiculous,just gotta stick some extra stewarding in FFS....

There's one in Trafalgar Sq showing games...Need tickets tho.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:59 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:18 pm Our Islamic mayor has set up a football village in Potters fields park to take in the Euros atmosphere

Can imagine in one of Madrids many Parks..."We're showing the Euros but not our own Spains games....." :lol:
or Moscow,Rome,Munich.Cardiff,Glasgow,Amsterdam,Prague,Zagreb,Istanbul.............................................................

Let’s be inclusive and welcoming of all countries and cultures
England can fuck off

Cheers multi cultural London.

Cunt should be strung up.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:11 pm
mkhammer wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:59 pm

Let’s be inclusive and welcoming of all countries and cultures
England can fuck off

Cheers multi cultural London.

Cunt should be strung up.
I actually thought you were joking about England games not being shown. Wtaf
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

You are joking Dwayne, surely?
Love a cup of Rosey I do.