Our fans reaction to our Team taking the knee

Chat about anything football related here!
Ironworksfc

Re: Take the knee

Post by Ironworksfc »

hd1 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:48 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:29 pm Why don't you climb down off of your soap box and reel in the pathetic racist labelling and take some time to research who BLM actually are and the people behind it.

Got fuck all to do with black lives
Before you start lecturing me on doing some research you might want to do your own. Initially it was instigated by BLM but is now seen as a demonstration of unity against racism, NOT as political support for a marxist organisation.

The Premier League say "We feel now, more than ever, it is important for us to continue to take the knee as a symbol of our unity against all forms of racism." The players also wear "No room for Racism" badges on their shirts and this video was produced for this season https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/2213943

It is everything to do with racism and those booing it and supporting the booing are either ignorant, racist or both.
I'm fully aware of the bullshit statements from the premier league. Maybe they should of carried out some due diligence before jumping on the bandwagon and kneeling for BLM.

Do something different, just stop the fucking kneeling.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Dwayne Pipes

Re: Our fans reaction to our Team taking the knee

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Perhaps the murders of whites by blacks generally going underreported and not given the race angle in fear of upsetting racial harmony have pissed off many of our population.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

h69 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:03 pm
hd1 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:09 pm

And no doubt the sheep booing it were white men or women fed the usual pack of lies from their racist mates/social media

Thankfully most people are not ignorant racists.
They were not all white actually just like players like Zaha are not white. Its bollocks.

The fact you said that makes you racist to be honest, assuming only black people are victimised and white people are racist.

Perhaps we should arrange a white person only march against the Roman invaders who treated us as slaves and boycott Italian products because of it. Just need to find a drug dealing criminal as a figurehead, maybe one of the kids murdered in London will do. That ok ?
Where, exactly, have I said it is only black people that suffer racism? There is no room for ANY racism in our society.

Sadly your bias blinds you.

h69

Post by h69 »

hd1 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:08 pm
h69 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:03 pm

They were not all white actually just like players like Zaha are not white. Its bollocks.

The fact you said that makes you racist to be honest, assuming only black people are victimised and white people are racist.

Perhaps we should arrange a white person only march against the Roman invaders who treated us as slaves and boycott Italian products because of it. Just need to find a drug dealing criminal as a figurehead, maybe one of the kids murdered in London will do. That ok ?
Where, exactly, have I said it is only black people that suffer racism? There is no room for ANY racism in our society.

Sadly your bias blinds you.
Actually it was your bias and I quote 'And no doubt the sheep booing it were white men or women fed the usual pack of lies from their racist mates/social media'

What was your reason for putting white in that sentence ?

hd1

Post by hd1 »

h69 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:51 pm
Actually it was your bias and I quote 'And no doubt the sheep booing it were white men or women fed the usual pack of lies from their racist mates/social media'

Quite simply because I've never see anyone other than white people booing it, but if that's not your experience then I get that, it's just not mine

As I said though there is no room for any sort of racism in our society today, as I'm sure you agree?

h69

Post by h69 »

hd1 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:18 pm
h69 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:51 pm

Quite simply because I've never see anyone other than white people booing it, but if that's not your experience then I get that, it's just not mine

As I said though there is no room for any sort of racism in our society today, as I'm sure you agree?
Your assumption that only white people are booing is a racist trope. There are also black players that won't kneel

I do but it is also a democratic society and so if I chose to boo a gesture that I find hypocritical, it is my right. Does not make me racist, just shows my disdain for the hypocrisy of this ridiculous gesture that achieves fuck all.

The people that assume everyone booing is racist rather than understanding or trying to understand their reasons such as their loathing of virtue signalling are narrow minded twats trying to act like playground bullies.

How many of these players will go and play in stadia built by slaves in Qatar while kneeling before games.

The whole thing is hypocritical and has just divided people rather than bring them together.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

How many of these players will go and play in stadia built by slaves in Qatar while kneeling before games.

Absolutely.

It's there to suit an agenda.

Qatar has one of the worst Human RIghts record's in the world.
Where are the likes of Sterling coming out and saying"We are not going to Qatar because of their human rights record?"

You know why,it will effect their finances, so they keep stum.

It seems very hypocritical to me.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

This is so much more fun than a silly transfer window :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

hd1

Post by hd1 »

h69 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:32 pm Your assumption that only white people are booing is a racist trope. There are also black players that won't kneel

I do but it is also a democratic society and so if I chose to boo a gesture that I find hypocritical, it is my right. Does not make me racist, just shows my disdain for the hypocrisy of this ridiculous gesture that achieves fuck all.

The people that assume everyone booing is racist rather than understanding or trying to understand their reasons such as their loathing of virtue signalling are narrow minded twats trying to act like playground bullies.

The whole thing is hypocritical and has just divided people rather than bring them together.
As I said before, I based my comments on my experience not an assumption. It's what I see at our games and the odd England game. I also said I appreciate you may experience something different. As for black players who don't kneel, that is their choice but they don't disrespect others doing it.

I'm glad we agree that there is not place for any racism in our society, as to me it is totally abhorrent. Whether you consider the gesture achieves anything or not and irrespective of the fact we live in a democratic society, boing someone for what they believe in and who are trying to set an example and send a message of unity is hypocritical when you believe racism is wrong. You may call it virtual signalling but I say it sends a positive message that racism is not acceptable,yet I have seen no suggestion from you or anyone else as to what the alternative should be? Doing nothing perpetuates racism because it allows the far right support to grow without proper education.

As for Qatar and whether players should make a stand, my personal view is it should have never been held there in the first place as there are so many issues associated with ME countries around human rights generally. The issue I have though is where does this stop, do we not buy anything made in China for example yet the phone or laptop we're using to post this were made there in factories that have no H&S considerations to the people working there. The football shirts most clubs buy are made there. The list is endless. What we should ask is whether or not them not going would make any difference to what happens in Qatar? Maybe they can but I doubt it, whereas footballers here influence young kids every day and sending an anti-racism message to them will hopefully help educate them for the future.

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

I only tackle issues that I can be front an centre of and not try to change things that are fundamentally wrong.

That’s what you should have posted instead of that lecturing diatribe.

Preach to someone else. Not interested in hypocrites