Our fans reaction to our Team taking the knee

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Take the knee

Post by palerider »

tassiehammer wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:39 am How come the 2 teams don't stand facing each other and do a stabbing motion? More black kids, and white, have died that way than having old bill kneeling on their necks. Just asking.
The taking the knee shit originated with American footballer Colin Kapernik, way back when good old George was holding pregnant women at knifepoint while his homies looted her house.

Colin now advocates defunding the police. Ring a bell ?

It's a load of old cunt. But the only players with the cojones not to do it are black. The vast majority of the rest couldn't give a flying fart tbh but go along with woke Western culture. A tad less of an issue for them than thinking about how to spend their 80k a week.

I think as soon as the ref blows the whistle all the players should hold their hands to their throats in choking motions in deference to climate emergency then throw themselves to the ground and do pretend swimming to warn us of obscure Polynesian islands at threat from rising sea levels.

It's the way forward.

Parry Hotter

Re: Our fans reaction to our Team taking the knee

Post by Parry Hotter »

Cant get why anyone would want to miss part of the game just because of players kneeling down . Like whats being said ignore it and watch the game. Stupid thing to do imo but aint doing me no harm.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Parry Hotter wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:22 pm Cant get why anyone would want to miss part of the game just because of players kneeling down . Like whats being said ignore it and watch the game. Stupid thing to do imo but aint doing me no harm.
Agree. When I was a kid my old mum told me not to cut off my nose to spite my face, or something along those lines. :lol:

Would be a much better protest against knee taking if those who are so vehemently opposed were to turn their backs on the pitch, drop their strides and do a full moonie. More effective and certainly more entertaining. Would go down well on TV as well. There's talk of safe standing areas so perhaps we could have a mooning section specially designed for those who wished to register their displeasure at players taking the knee.

And why is it called "taking the knee" anyway ? Why not just "kneeling" ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Luton town, no longer take a knee but just stand around the semi circle.

When I went to Luton v Birmingham game other week the Birmingham players didn’t take a knee either, just stood in their positions.

Only one to take a knee was the ref.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

h69

Post by h69 »

hd1 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:14 am We're in BML and no booing that I could hear and plenty of people applauding (and not).

As others have said, if you don't like it that's your prerogative, just go to your seat 30 seconds after KO
Thankfully there are some people near me that boo it. Shows not all the fans are sheep

hd1

Post by hd1 »

h69 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:21 pm
hd1 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:14 am We're in BML and no booing that I could hear and plenty of people applauding (and not).

As others have said, if you don't like it that's your prerogative, just go to your seat 30 seconds after KO
Thankfully there are some people near me that boo it. Shows not all the fans are sheep
And no doubt the sheep booing it were white men or women fed the usual pack of lies from their racist mates/social media

Thankfully most people are not ignorant racists.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

hd1 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:09 pm

And no doubt the sheep booing it were white men or women fed the usual pack of lies from their racist mates/social media

Why don't you climb down off of your soap box and reel in the pathetic racist labelling and take some time to research who BLM actually are and the people behind it.

Got fuck all to do with black lives
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Ironworksfc wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:29 pm Why don't you climb down off of your soap box and reel in the pathetic racist labelling and take some time to research who BLM actually are and the people behind it.

Before you start lecturing me on doing some research you might want to do your own. Initially it was instigated by BLM but is now seen as a demonstration of unity against racism, NOT as political support for a marxist organisation.

The Premier League say "We feel now, more than ever, it is important for us to continue to take the knee as a symbol of our unity against all forms of racism." The players also wear "No room for Racism" badges on their shirts and this video was produced for this season https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/2213943

It is everything to do with racism and those booing it and supporting the booing are either ignorant, racist or both.

h69

Post by h69 »

hd1 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:09 pm

They were not all white actually just like players like Zaha are not white. Its bollocks.

The fact you said that makes you racist to be honest, assuming only black people are victimised and white people are racist.

Perhaps we should arrange a white person only march against the Roman invaders who treated us as slaves and boycott Italian products because of it. Just need to find a drug dealing criminal as a figurehead, maybe one of the kids murdered in London will do. That ok ?

h69

Post by h69 »

hd1 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:48 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:29 pm Why don't you climb down off of your soap box and reel in the pathetic racist labelling and take some time to research who BLM actually are and the people behind it.

Before you start lecturing me on doing some research you might want to do your own. Initially it was instigated by BLM but is now seen as a demonstration of unity against racism, NOT as political support for a marxist organisation.

The Premier League say "We feel now, more than ever, it is important for us to continue to take the knee as a symbol of our unity against all forms of racism." The players also wear "No room for Racism" badges on their shirts and this video was produced for this season https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/2213943

It is everything to do with racism and those booing it and supporting the booing are either ignorant, racist or both.
or sick of virtue signalling and hypocrisy