Soucek - Goals next season

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Soucek - Goals next season

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:42 pm Let's just agree about this

.The day Soucek took his place in West Ham's midfield,things began to change in that area and for our team.

We started to concede less and score more goals..Can you tell me the last time we conceded 4 or more goals when his been in the team?

So he hasn't scored has many goals as last year atm,but he sure brings something that we didn't have before he arrived;where our midfield was ran ragged on many occasions and conceded 4,5 and 6 goals for fun,especially at home.

I like to.think that Rice has became a better player because he has Soucek there.

I,for one am thankful we have got a fella than does more miles than your average midfielder and is not afraid to put his head in where it hurts

All together now..."Super Super Tom,Super Tomas Soucek".
Gotta like this post goodpost:)
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:11 am

.The day Soucek took his place in West Ham's midfield,things began to change in that area and for our team.

We started to concede less and score more goals..Can you tell me the last time we conceded 4 or more goals when his been in the team?

So he hasn't scored has many goals as last year atm,but he sure brings something that we didn't have before he arrived;where our midfield was ran ragged on many occasions and conceded 4,5 and 6 goals for fun,especially at home.

I like to.think that Rice has became a better player because he has Soucek there.

I,for one am thankful we have got a fella than does more miles than your average midfielder and is not afraid to put his head in where it hurts

Gotta like this post goodpost:)
I doubt if Numbers will Tim. :cry:

Post by 9898 »

Emotional guff.
Midfield improved with the improvement of Rice.
When Rice leaves you will see what Rice is, Peter Butlrr MK II.

Now remind me, people laughed when I told them what would happen, but after quater of a season, how many goals has he got?

The Knowledge woz 'ere.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Towie

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:29 am

Emotional guff.

Now remind me, people laughed when I told them what would happen, but after quater of a season, how many goals has he got?

The Knowledge woz 'ere.
We always laugh at you Mrs Numbnuts.

Quarter season gone, and same PL goals as your beloved Kane.
I will refer you to the “Kane, He’s gone” thread.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Terry any midfielder with average ability would have been a improvement over Noble , lets just get that in there 😲 . As for Rice improving because he partners Soucek , I think its more to do with Rice's own natural progression and talent . I really think what we are now seeing from Rice is actually showing up what Soucek lacks as a midfielder . Rice is making Soucek look lost , laboured and lacking in any technical ability on the ball .
Don't get me wrong Soucek had done well in the team with Rice as his holding midfield partner but I really think that he has been surpassed by a much better player in Rice and he just doesn't have the ability to evolve himself .

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Clayton wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:48 am

Terry any midfielder with average ability would have been a improvement over Noble , lets just get that in there 😲 . As for Rice improving because he partners Soucek , I think its more to do with Rice's own natural progression and talent . I really think what we are now seeing from Rice is actually showing up what Soucek lacks as a midfielder . Rice is making Soucek look lost , laboured and lacking in any technical ability on the ball .
Don't get me wrong Soucek had done well in the team with Rice as his holding midfield partner but I really think that he has been surpassed by a much better player in Rice and he just doesn't have the ability to evolve himself .
He emerged as a good player with lots of potential and has since improved all aspects of his game. We can call it - natural progession,confidence but it's now noticeable that Rice moves about the pitch with an assured smoothness.

And the individual components of his game are in the process of ongoing refinement. Distribution,timing,positional awareness.

He is quite the package and players like Declan never truly really become the finished article,because they are always refining,smoothing,adapting to the changing environment they find themselves in/with. And what makes them special, is that they do it well.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:24 am
Clayton wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:48 am

He emerged as a good player with lots of potential and has since improved all aspects of his game. We can call it - natural progession,confidence but it's now noticeable that Rice moves about the pitch with an assured smoothness.

And the individual components of his game are in the process of ongoing refinement. Distribution,timing,positional awareness.

He is quite the package and players like Declan never truly really become the finished article,because they are always refining,smoothing,adapting to the changing environment they find themselves in/with. And what makes them special, is that they do it well.
If Rice would have carried on playing with Noble,he would have NEVER have made the progress he has.Soucek has made him a better player because he allows him to do what he wants.Whether that is to protect the back 4 or roam forward,Soucek is always there.

Do you think Rice plays better for England or West Ham?His there to do ONE job for England and that is protect the back 4,but has I sId,he can interchange with Soucek.

Don't under estimate what Soucek does..Stick Noble there and yiu see the difference right away.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Personally I couldn't give a monkeys who actually puts the ball in the fucking net, providing as a team we are doing it with reasonable regularity. A team is only as good as it's component parts all working well together. Soucek is an important cog in the machine, irrespective of whether he is scoring goals or not.

Last season he was a bit of an unknown quantity and possibly took a few opponents by surprise. This season he is recognised as being a threat and opponents have devised ways to reduce that threat. That's why coaches spend hours on the training ground FFS. The positive for us of course is that the more attention given to Soucek at set pieces the greater the opportunity for others to take advantage.

And as compared to the corresponding games last season (substituting Brentford for Fulham) we have actually scored 4 more goals this time around. So Soucek's goal drought is having no impact whatsoever on the overall team performance.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

9898 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:29 am

Emotional guff.

The Knowledge woz 'ere.
I believe we laughed at you last season not this one but your excuse for Soucek scoring 6 goals more than your predicted target last season was that 'Its not a real season' when it obviously was.

Post by 9898 »

He just gets worse and worse.
Don't say i didn't warn you.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."