Jarrod Bowen

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: Jarrod Bowen

Post by mkhammer »

Point we're missing here ..the Training....thats the make or break for fitness levels and what you can and cant do,
Endurance and being able to take the Knocks,pulls and strains that come along...are all down to it.
You train at a very high intensity all week ,could well be fucked come Sat,and having to run 7/8+ miles in 90 mins,
including Sprinting,Jumping,taking hits..
Not enough or the wrong kind,you again wont last 90,at the pace and expectations the game has now.

Don't think the training side of things and the way it's approached.and FUNDED has been our strong point.
Think Maybe Moyes is changing that..trying to anyway.

If a guy comes in and doesn't have the right fitness levels,that could take a couple of months to get right,is why
a lot of teams don't put signings straight in....Benrahma maybe...think others reasons,but this might be one.

h69

Post by h69 »

Shortshanks wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:43 pm
Towie wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:00 pm

Could understand it if you talking about Rice, Soucek but since we have no back up for them we have no choice to keep playing them.
Bowen though mate I would not be happy as his manager if he told me he was knackered playing one game a week.
If we were playing great I might agree with you. Other teams bring on fresh legs and you expect someone who has been chasing around for 70 minutes to have the same energy. Guardiola must be some sort of prick because he doesn't stick with the same team every game and don't say they are all world class because someone like De Bruyne is better than any other midfielder he has but he still leaves him on the bench sometimes or subs him. What happens when they get injured ? Bring in a player who hasn't played for weeks and expect them to play great. I don't rate Bowen any better than Lanzini. Any decent manager should be able to slot other members of his squad into the team but dithering Dave is too frightened until the game is slipping away and the opposition have taken control. And what the fuck has working in a hospital got to do with top class professional sport, pretty dumb comparison (not your comparison BTW )
Poor darlings being made to run around once a week for 90 mins. I guess you have not noticed Man City are actually playing in Europe midweek.
He is not dithering, he is just not going to pick a different team every week just for the sake of it. A settled backline has made a difference for a start.

Bowen is a good player, playing well and enjoying his football. Geezer misses a chance and suddenly people want to drop him or assume he is exhaused having had to play 3 games in a month. FFS, I'm all for taking the piss out of players but even ours dont look tired out.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

The comparison between our squad and Manc City’s is
as wide as the fucking Grand Canyon.

Post by 9898 »

9898 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:59 pm Tubby, chumpionship monster extraordinaire.
This thread says 'hi'.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:59 pm
9898 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:59 pm Tubby, chumpionship monster extraordinaire.
This thread says 'hi'.
Every player in their career goes through a period where they try to find form.

Let's be honest,Bowen has been one of our most consistent performers since we signed him.

He will find his mojo again,no doubt about that.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Since this remarkable eye opening statement was made the Tubby championship monster has scored 20 goals and had 17 assists for a premier League side, 4 England caps......what a monster he certainly would be in the championship I concur

Towie

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:59 pm
This thread says 'hi'.
If ever a post makes someone look stupid, it is this one. 😂😂😂
By your logic Spuds Son is a championship player, as he has also started season of the pace.

Muppet.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Só Bowens been included in the England squad again.........

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:29 pm Só Bowens been included in the England squad again.........
He has but I bet he doesn't play. Sterling and Grealish will get the nod or Mason Mount

If Southgate pairs Rice with Bellingham which he should, starts Toney with Kane as a No 10 - which he should, then
Bowen won't get a sniff.

I'm quite looking forward to see Scamacca when they play Italy and Kehrer when they play Germany.

In summation if Bowen starts I'll take a fucking knee - and I've never done that :lol:

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:53 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:29 pm Só Bowens been included in the England squad again.........
He has but I bet he doesn't play. Sterling and Grealish will get the nod or Mason Mount

If Southgate pairs Rice with Bellingham which he should, starts Toney with Kane as a No 10 - which he should, then
Bowen won't get a sniff.

I'm quite looking forward to see Scamacca when they play Italy and Kehrer when they play Germany.

In summation if Bowen starts I'll take a fucking knee - and I've never done that :lol:
Grealish hasn’t been that great since he’s been at city. Some might say they paid a bit too much for him considering his contributions to the team. If that’s anything to go by then I would suggest Foden is above him in the pecking order too. So Bowen AND Grealish on the bench then
COYI!!!