Jarrod Bowen

Chat about anything football related here!
garnett

Re: Jarrod Bowen

Post by garnett »

Combined they are nowhere near as good as Son.

Earlier in the thread there were comparisons of another Wolves game, I`m throwing in another comparison, 5.30 kick off everyone will be pissed up, if we don`t perform it could end up like the Burnley game, TOXIC.

palerider

Post by palerider »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:22 pm
HamstasParadise wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:17 am Every player has dry spells. Only time will tell if he hits previous peaks again. I think he will … I hope he does. If he doesn’t, it won’t be for want of trying, he seems to be a good professional having come up from non-league the hard way. He seems to have a good attitude.

A comparable player currently is Son over at our near neighbours, also being questioned by his team’s supporters, whether the manager has the nerve to bench him in the PL.

It happens to everyone in their career at some point, even the greats. Forwards especially go through hot and cold spells, or play well but don’t score or are quiet but pick up goals. It can be very streaky. Only when retire or drop down a level can you say it’s over.

The threat Bowen poses seems a bit diminished this season. But no reason why he won’t click again, he has the ability.
Son Was rightfully dropped to the bench today .....got introduced after the hour and at present on a hatrick ......maybe, but it won't happen, we could do that for Antonio and Bowen...in PL matches
Spot on.

One of our top players and form is temporary but should be on the bench atm.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:49 pm Combined they are nowhere near as good as Son.

Earlier in the thread there were comparisons of another Wolves game, I`m throwing in another comparison, 5.30 kick off everyone will be pissed up, if we don`t perform it could end up like the Burnley game, TOXIC.
Well, that would be great fun wouldn't it ? A repetition of pillocks running onto the pitch as happened in that game and I suspect points deductions could conceivably be imposed. We might become the first team in the top division in history to have a negative points tally.

But I would add that anyone who can't hold their booze and gets pissed up by 5.30 should be getting parental permission to be out on their own. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

garnett

Post by garnett »

No it wouldn't, but we have more than our fair share of dickheads to entertain the millions watching live on TV, who btw are already pissing themselves laughing at our self destruction.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:39 am No it wouldn't, but we have more than our fair share of dickheads to entertain the millions watching live on TV, who btw are already pissing themselves laughing at our self destruction.
Well, that's football fans for you. The misery of one set of fans is guaranteed to amuse the rest.

But it would be interesting to ask the bloke who planted the flag in the centre circle at the Burnley match what he feels his action has actually achieved four and a half years later.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:22 am
garnett wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:39 am No it wouldn't, but we have more than our fair share of dickheads to entertain the millions watching live on TV, who btw are already pissing themselves laughing at our self destruction.
Well, that's football fans for you. The misery of one set of fans is guaranteed to amuse the rest.

But it would be interesting to ask the bloke who planted the flag in the centre circle at the Burnley match what he feels his action has actually achieved four and a half years later.
Why don’t you ask him then ? You’ve had more than one conversation here with him…
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:40 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:22 am

Why don’t you ask him then ? You’ve had more than one conversation here with him…
I don't think he's speaking to me. I think I upset him by calling him a fucking idiot at the time he did it. He also took certain comments I made about Hammers United as being a personal attack on him. Which they weren't.. In fact one of the HU big cheeses replied to one comment I made and said my criticisms were constructive, which was nice.

But, hey ho, I don't suppose he gives a shit what I think and I don't give a shit about his opinion of me so life goes on. Although I do think it would be interesting to find out if he thinks his actions actually had any lasting impact. As far as I can make out the only thing it did was to get him a lifetime ban from something he obviously enjoyed spending his time doing.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:36 pm
Newmarket wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:40 pm

I don't think he's speaking to me. I think I upset him by calling him a fucking idiot at the time he did it. He also took certain comments I made about Hammers United as being a personal attack on him. Which they weren't.. In fact one of the HU big cheeses replied to one comment I made and said my criticisms were constructive, which was nice.

But, hey ho, I don't suppose he gives a shit what I think and I don't give a shit about his opinion of me so life goes on. Although I do think it would be interesting to find out if he thinks his actions actually had any lasting impact. As far as I can make out the only thing it did was to get him a lifetime ban from something he obviously enjoyed spending his time doing.
Diverting off the topic a bit , but while we are on the subject of Paul and his corner flag , regardless of anybodys personal opinions re HU etc I strongly believe that if it wasn’t for those “idiots” that ran on the pitch that day Sullivan and co would never have dipped into the clubs funds or took out loans to fund the Pellegrini era and signings of players etc.

Ok it didn’t work out at that point but , in true GSB style , at least they tried.
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

Bit early to call it destruction don’t you think?

Bad start yes, destruction no.

Bit like Spuds fans wetting their knickers thinking they are going to win the league.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:20 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:36 pm

Diverting off the topic a bit , but while we are on the subject of Paul and his corner flag , regardless of anybodys personal opinions re HU etc I strongly believe that if it wasn’t for those “idiots” that ran on the pitch that day Sullivan and co would never have dipped into the clubs funds or took out loans to fund the Pellegrini era and signings of players etc.

Ok it didn’t work out at that point but , in true GSB style , at least they tried.
Oh well that’ll all right then. Supporting that kind of shit is the start of the slippery slope imo. Let’s go down the BLM route to gain some attention and get our way.

FFS. I know you’re stopping short of actively supporting the pitch invaders but I’m sure you would feel differently if it was a cause you don’t sympathise with. I do detect a hint of support in your post for them.