Jarrod Bowen

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Jarrod Bowen

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:23 pm Being run into the ground by Moyes. You have a squad so fucking well use it.
We're only playing one game a week FFS,
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Shortshanks wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:23 pm Being run into the ground by Moyes. You have a squad so fucking well use it.
Could understand it if you talking about Rice, Soucek but since we have no back up for them we have no choice to keep playing them.
Bowen though mate I would not be happy as his manager if he told me he was knackered playing one game a week.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

h69

Post by h69 »

Yeah. Must be hard but maybe the money makes up for it.

Joking aside but what footballer does not want to play every week when the team are playing well. Bowen looks like he is enjoying it.

In the 80s, the scousers won a league using 14 fucking players while playing in a larger league on shit pitches and playing in Europe.

If any player is worn out after playing once a week they should go and do an 80 hour NHS shift

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

NMHS shift they would not be able to consume the amount of coffee drunk for starters :o

Hildreth_1101

Post by Hildreth_1101 »

h69 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:14 pm

Joking aside but what footballer does not want to play every week when the team are playing well. Bowen looks like he is enjoying it.

In the 80s, the scousers won a league using 14 fucking players while playing in a larger league on shit pitches and playing in Europe.

If any player is worn out after playing once a week they should go and do an 80 hour NHS shift
Playing football at a high intensity is more physically demanding than working in a Hospital. Cannot compare them.

I think being worn out is not a real excuse, the real risk of playing a lot of games in quick succession is the increased risk of injury. I think we'll see a bit more rotation over December but our schedule has not been too intense except for the international regulars like Soucek and Rice been playing 2 games a week consistently for last couple of months, but even then Rice is 20 years old, so they're at the stage of their careers they can manage a lot of intensity and play a lot of games.

Also on the topic of Bowen, he's been good for us so far, real reason he is playing is he has performed well on a regular basis. This whole thread is funny a it's a Numbers thread and he's been shown to look like a fool once again :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Hildreth_1101 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:28 pm

Playing football at a high intensity is more physically demanding than working in a Hospital. Cannot compare them.

I think being worn out is not a real excuse, the real risk of playing a lot of games in quick succession is the increased risk of injury. I think we'll see a bit more rotation over December but our schedule has not been too intense except for the international regulars like Soucek and Rice been playing 2 games a week consistently for last couple of months, but even then Rice is 20 years old, so they're at the stage of their careers they can manage a lot of intensity and play a lot of games.

Also on the topic of Bowen, he's been good for us so far, real reason he is playing is he has performed well on a regular basis. This whole thread is funny a it's a Numbers thread and he's been shown to look like a fool once again :lol:
There might be a case for some squad rotation for clubs in our position (i.e. not playing midweek European games) over the Christmas period. But I can't accept that fit athletes become physically drained playing 90 minutes of football once a week. Even if it is high intensity.

h69

Post by h69 »

Hildreth_1101 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:28 pm

It is high intensity but it is 90 minutes once a week. Working an 80 hour shift in a hospital is also high intensity.

Different load on the body but still more demanding than a 90 min game of football where noone is likely to die.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Towie wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:00 pm
Could understand it if you talking about Rice, Soucek but since we have no back up for them we have no choice to keep playing them.
Bowen though mate I would not be happy as his manager if he told me he was knackered playing one game a week.
If we were playing great I might agree with you. Other teams bring on fresh legs and you expect someone who has been chasing around for 70 minutes to have the same energy. Guardiola must be some sort of prick because he doesn't stick with the same team every game and don't say they are all world class because someone like De Bruyne is better than any other midfielder he has but he still leaves him on the bench sometimes or subs him. What happens when they get injured ? Bring in a player who hasn't played for weeks and expect them to play great. I don't rate Bowen any better than Lanzini. Any decent manager should be able to slot other members of his squad into the team but dithering Dave is too frightened until the game is slipping away and the opposition have taken control. And what the fuck has working in a hospital got to do with top class professional sport, pretty dumb comparison (not your comparison BTW )

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:43 pm
Towie wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:00 pm

If we were playing great I might agree with you. Other teams bring on fresh legs and you expect someone who has been chasing around for 70 minutes to have the same energy. Guardiola must be some sort of prick because he doesn't stick with the same team every game and don't say they are all world class because someone like De Bruyne is better than any other midfielder he has but he still leaves him on the bench sometimes or subs him. What happens when they get injured ? Bring in a player who hasn't played for weeks and expect them to play great. I don't rate Bowen any better than Lanzini. Any decent manager should be able to slot other members of his squad into the team but dithering Dave is too frightened until the game is slipping away and the opposition have taken control. And what the fuck has working in a hospital got to do with top class professional sport, pretty dumb comparison (not your comparison BTW )
Good points but you've overlooked one important issue. If Guardiola leaves out deBruyne he can bring in Foden or Bernardo Silva as a replacement. We decide to give Fornals a rest, who do we bring in. Noble or Snodgrass. Now consider that if we leave out, or sub, Rice or Soucek it's pretty much the single Noble option.

Until the Man United second half collapse we seemed to have found a decent formula. But, imo, break up the starting 11 and we immediately start to look flaky in defence. No coincidence for me the moment Bowen and Fornals were replaced by Lanzini and Benrahma Man United immdiately broke and scored their third goal.

Our overall squad strength is seriously poor imo. We have a reasonable replacement in central defence and, despite Haller's bambi on ice impersonation last weekend he is a reasonable alternative to Antonio up front. Yarmolenko is decent and Johnson has promise but the former is injury prone and the kid has still got a lot to learn and his development won't be helped if he is thrown into pressure situations, particularly when crowds return. Lanzini simply isn't the pre injury Lanzini and Benrahma has to prove himself. Not a strong bench I'm afraid and changing any of that starting 11 weakens the overall unit imo.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Well said that man....
Flairon