Jarrod Bowen

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: Jarrod Bowen

Post by andyginbrasil »

To be perfectly honest his form as late for us doesn't justify a starting place..... I would imagine these next two weeks he will be fighting for his world cup squad place

garnett

Post by garnett »

Southgate and moyes are out the same pod, both overly defensive tactically inept stubborn and won't drop favourites.
Jarrod is nowhere near England standard.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:27 pm To be perfectly honest his form as late for us doesn't justify a starting place..... I would imagine these next two weeks he will be fighting for his world cup squad place
If we had another squad player capable of starting on the right , he would have got the nod over Bowen if another manager was at the helm . Just think England has better options out wide .

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Clayton wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:12 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:27 pm To be perfectly honest his form as late for us doesn't justify a starting place..... I would imagine these next two weeks he will be fighting for his world cup squad place
If we had another squad player capable of starting on the right , he would have got the nod over Bowen if another manager was at the helm . Just think England has better options out wide .
When he was good he was constantly good and one of the first on the team sheet and certainly deserved his England call up.
I haven't a clue what's gone wrong with him but his performances this season have been way off his usual standard

Post by 9898 »

Lots of players getting found out in real season football.
I warned everyone about Bowen so no surprise for me.
Watch him. Plays with his head down and good players NEVER play with their head down.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:28 am
Clayton wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:12 pm

When he was good he was constantly good and one of the first on the team sheet and certainly deserved his England call up.
I haven't a clue what's gone wrong with him but his performances this season have been way off his usual standard
Who knows what happens to a player , is it just form , not happy ( with squad/tactics ) or has he seen the bright lights and they have dazzled him :? .

HamstasParadise

Post by HamstasParadise »

Every player has dry spells. Only time will tell if he hits previous peaks again. I think he will … I hope he does. If he doesn’t, it won’t be for want of trying, he seems to be a good professional having come up from non-league the hard way. He seems to have a good attitude.

A comparable player currently is Son over at our near neighbours, also being questioned by his team’s supporters, whether the manager has the nerve to bench him in the PL.

It happens to everyone in their career at some point, even the greats. Forwards especially go through hot and cold spells, or play well but don’t score or are quiet but pick up goals. It can be very streaky. Only when retire or drop down a level can you say it’s over.

The threat Bowen poses seems a bit diminished this season. But no reason why he won’t click again, he has the ability.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

He’s bang out of form yet Southgate still picks him .

That in itself tells a story but more about Moyes than anything.
Bring back Jonathon !

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Too much shagging Dani Dyer. ;)

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

HamstasParadise wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:17 am Every player has dry spells. Only time will tell if he hits previous peaks again. I think he will … I hope he does. If he doesn’t, it won’t be for want of trying, he seems to be a good professional having come up from non-league the hard way. He seems to have a good attitude.

A comparable player currently is Son over at our near neighbours, also being questioned by his team’s supporters, whether the manager has the nerve to bench him in the PL.

It happens to everyone in their career at some point, even the greats. Forwards especially go through hot and cold spells, or play well but don’t score or are quiet but pick up goals. It can be very streaky. Only when retire or drop down a level can you say it’s over.

The threat Bowen poses seems a bit diminished this season. But no reason why he won’t click again, he has the ability.
Son Was rightfully dropped to the bench today .....got introduced after the hour and at present on a hatrick ......maybe, but it won't happen, we could do that for Antonio and Bowen...in PL matches