West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

This is one hell of a bogey team whom we never won at home in top flight. Hope this time fortune will change but squad need to be more better than the one against Chelsea and I don't want to see Haller in the squad again after another off tap performance and should be droppd. Question is.....who will replace him as Antonio will be on the bench as least. Fornals should perform better otherwise I don't want another silly message from 9898 slating us of. On the plus side, Antonio will be back and Lanzini should be fit by then. Please Noble need to drop to sub bench. Also formation should not be 4-2-3-1 as this is not a good one. Best formation would be 4-4-1-1.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Balbuena
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Bowen
Rice
Soucek
Fornals

Lanzini

Benrahma

Hope we can have a good performance and keep the numbskully quiet.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

That looks as if you've got Benrahma playing up front on his own ? FFS he seems very lightweight and gets out muscled in his present position. Would be a lot more physical against the tree trunks Brighton have at the back. If we must play a "target", and there's no rule says we have to, if Antonio's still unfit we'd be better off using Bowen up there imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

got to agree with Whiskey same line up ish just switch the positions

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:05 pm That looks as if you've got Benrahma playing up front on his own ? FFS he seems very lightweight and gets out muscled in his present position. Would be a lot more physical against the tree trunks Brighton have at the back. If we must play a "target", and there's no rule says we have to, if Antonio's still unfit we'd be better off using Bowen up there imo.
or put Benrahma in front of 4 midfielders and Yarmoenko up front as he done that in Ukraine.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

2-0 job done.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Go’s give Benny a go up front too. He don’t have to be a target man. Just play it on the floor. He can use his skill and trickery to win free kicks and pens thanks to the tree trunks. The current target man system is flawed coz we have our own tree trunk but his roots are a bit deeper.

We can win this
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:37 am Go’s give Benny a go up front too. He don’t have to be a target man. Just play it on the floor. He can use his skill and trickery to win free kicks and pens thanks to the tree trunks. The current target man system is flawed coz we have our own tree trunk but his roots are a bit deeper.

We can win this
Of course we can win it. However we haven't seen much of Benrahma yet, but what little I have suggests he is too easily bullied for a central role. And playing the ball on the ground seems to be a bit of an alien concept to us much of the time.

Don't want to see a repetition of last year's throwing away two points against them.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:38 am
JayK wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:37 am Go’s give Benny a go up front too. He don’t have to be a target man. Just play it on the floor. He can use his skill and trickery to win free kicks and pens thanks to the tree trunks. The current target man system is flawed coz we have our own tree trunk but his roots are a bit deeper.

We can win this
Of course we can win it. However we haven't seen much of Benrahma yet, but what little I have suggests he is too easily bullied for a central role. And playing the ball on the ground seems to be a bit of an alien concept to us much of the time.

Don't want to see a repetition of last year's throwing away two points against them.
I agree it seems to be an alien concept, but that is unfortunately what you get with Moyes which is why we’ll prob see Haller up top again, but I can dream. I think tippy tappy football would work better to our strengths around their box with regards playing personnel. Also agree Benny up top alone would be pointless but with closer strike partners around him it could work.
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:50 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:38 am

I agree it seems to be an alien concept, but that is unfortunately what you get with Moyes which is why we’ll prob see Haller up top again, but I can dream. I think tippy tappy football would work better to our strengths around their box with regards playing personnel. Also agree Benny up top alone would be pointless but with closer strike partners around him it could work.

Precisely.. Moyes is a pragmatist and realises , skill & talent wise. we are lacking. Big time. He has inherited a squad that is unbalanced. He is forced to play players in their "wrong" positions purely to get the best result. Some people on this forum have claimed Fornals is shit. Yeah, right. :lol: :lol: Do those people realise he is not playing in the role to which he is best suited ? And that is because ? See the above FFS.

All that proves is those that claim it are not seeing the bigger picture. Where West Ham go, fuck knows. But what is certain is that Fornals will end up having a decent career. Of course he isn't Iniesta Mark II, nor is he fit to lace Sir Trev's boots. We all know that/ So, probably, does he. But FFS at least play the poor bastard in the role he is best at.

Benrahma ? Yeah, right. :lol: :lol:

At least he's only on loan.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:06 pm
JayK wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:50 am

Precisely.. Moyes is a pragmatist and realises , skill & talent wise. we are lacking. Big time. He has inherited a squad that is unbalanced. He is forced to play players in their "wrong" positions purely to get the best result. Some people on this forum have claimed Fornals is shit. Yeah, right. :lol: :lol: Do those people realise he is not playing in the role to which he is best suited ? And that is because ? See the above FFS.

All that proves is those that claim it are not seeing the bigger picture. Where West Ham go, fuck knows. But what is certain is that Fornals will end up having a decent career. Of course he isn't Iniesta Mark II, nor is he fit to lace Sir Trev's boots. We all know that/ So, probably, does he. But FFS at least play the poor bastard in the role he is best at.

Benrahma ? Yeah, right. :lol: :lol:

At least he's only on loan.
It’s been mentioned Arnautovic might come back. Would fit Moyes style. Coz he only has 1 🤷🏻‍♂️
COYI!!!