Quick team selection chat

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Quick team selection chat

Post by Clayton »

garnett wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:14 pm Dawson instead of Diop is a joke
It is a joke , but Moyes selection and he is the boss .
Thought Dawson had a fine debut , was expecting the worst , not a fan , not sure he is even up to the job fulltime , and especially as the reports had said he played poorly for the U23's recently .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

whu wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:17 pm Fornals and Yarma are weak. Can both be good on their day. If not really up for it, we could get steam-rollered with momentum.
Really think Fornals has a bright future playing as a ten , but Moyes may well ruin him by turning him into a wide defensive player . Yarmolenko is not a midfielder what he is a wing / inside forward who has movement and direct style of play .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:35 am
whu wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:17 pm Fornals and Yarma are weak. Can both be good on their day. If not really up for it, we could get steam-rollered with momentum.
Really think Fornals has a bright future playing as a ten , but Moyes may well ruin him by turning him into a wide defensive player . Yarmolenko is not a midfielder what he is a wing / inside forward who has movement and direct style of play .
Fornals played in a more central role when he was at Villarreal and also in the Under 21 championships in 2019. Imo that is his best position. He also seems to have developed a decent understanding with Bowen.

For me Yarmolenko wouldn't be a starter under normal circumstances but he is the sort of player who can be a match changer coming off the bench and providing different options. As I thought he showed against Brighton.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:25 am
Clayton wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:35 am

Fornals played in a more central role when he was at Villarreal and also in the Under 21 championships in 2019. Imo that is his best position. He also seems to have developed a decent understanding with Bowen.

For me Yarmolenko wouldn't be a starter under normal circumstances but he is the sort of player who can be a match changer coming off the bench and providing different options. As I thought he showed against Brighton.
Would really like to see a front three of Benrahma - Haller and Yarmolenko or Antonio with either Fornals/Lanzini in behind ( do not think we even need to play both Rice and Soucek in every match ) . But then again I would like to see a few youngsters like Coventry , Ashby and Alese get chances off the bench instead of Noble and Dawson , but doubt Moyes would be that ambitious .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:45 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:25 am

Would really like to see a front three of Benrahma - Haller and Yarmolenko or Antonio with either Fornals/Lanzini in behind ( do not think we even need to play both Rice and Soucek in every match ) . But then again I would like to see a few youngsters like Coventry , Ashby and Alese get chances off the bench instead of Noble and Dawson , but doubt Moyes would be that ambitious .
Agree about the development of youth. We'll never find out if the kids are good enough for first team duty unless they have a chance to show what they're capable of---or not. I'm unconvinced about Benrahma tbh. It's early days, so plenty of time for him, but I don't really see a matchwinner there at the moment. And either Fornals or Lanzini playing on one leg would have given more to the team than Noble in either the Chelsea or Brighton matches.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Shame Yarmalenko is so one footed couple of times last night some good chances to knock it over but fucked about trying to get the left peg on it then lost the fucking ball
Also a liability defending imo.