West Ham United v Liverpool - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
garnett

Re: West Ham United v Liverpool - Official Match Thread

Post by garnett »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:50 pm

West Ham DWWWW

Liverpool DDLDL

Morning,
How times have changed, or have they ?

I have been waiting patiently for this game, kinda see it as a leveller, yes we have improved, our dullard of a manager has finally decided to put some flair into our game to good effect albeit against average teams which I believe we still are.

So, form tells us we should win this game, will we still be expansive or will Mr Dull revert us to our overly defensive formation relying on the slowest counter attacks we can muster, I hope he has looked under his kilt for a formidable pair.

Finally, unfortunately I hate winning at all costs, like I said its a leveller game, if we can compete with them on even terms for 95 mins, then regardless of result real improvement would have been made and some of the claret n blue goggles on chat I`ve been reading here would have been justified.
I dont believe we are yet good enough to beat this wounded animal, but I do hope we have a fucking good go...is all I ask

Towie

Post by Towie »

Agree to much Euphoria on here about been in top 4, where it counts is end of season.
We have a tough run of games coming up let’s see where we are after those.

I see nothing but a defeat or at best a draw against Liverpool, Moyes will revert to the sit on the edge of your 18 yard box tactic, and normality will be resumed.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Can't disagree too much with what Garnett has said and what, no doubt, many others are thinking. But paradoxically I think we currently sit 4th because we deserve to be. I watched some of the Man United game last night. Man United would have gone top had they won. But they didn't and, it has to be said, were absolute gash. Manchester City turned it on against Fat Sam's boys but in some of their games this season even they have been a very hard watch. The standard of the PL this season imo is pretty bang average. Unlike previous seasons there isn't a team, or maybe a couple, who have consistently been ripping the rest of us apart.

But back to our lofty perch. Some in the media are creaming themselves stupid over Leicester. We hammered them comprehensively. Some have mentioned Everton as a dark horse. Yes, we beat them as well. Closer than the Leicester game but, imo, we were the better side on the day. And Spurs, another side who occasionally get mentioned as possible contenders,? We all know what happened when we played them. We were, again only imo, probably deserving of a point at Anfield and should have been three or four up against Man United after walking all over them in the first half.

But of course this is West Ham. Football's Jekyll & Hyde. And we'd all rather forget the utterly dismal efforts against Newcastle and Brighton , and the less than inspiring performances against Fulham & Villa, although it is nice to win games that in days gone by we would probably have lost. So there's no getting carried away as far as I'm concerned. I'm enjoying this season so far and it's been a mixture of the good, the bad and the downright ugly. But, apart from notable exceptions like 85/86, and much of the Payet season, when has it ever been any different ? Imo we aren't that good, but we're not that bad either. We're where we are in the league because we deserve to be. Will we still be fourth at season's end ? Personally I doubt it but if I'm perfectly honest we've won games this season I didn't expect us to so who knows. In all honesty from the other teams I've seen this season there are only two, Man City & Liverpool who I would be certain of finishing ahead of us. The red Mancs, on their good days, are also better than us by a stretch but on their bad days, and let's face it when they played us both of them turned up, are down there with the Newcastle's.

Liverpool will be a good test for us and a good game to gauge our progress, and so will the Villa game the following week. We owe the scousers a beating but, being the natural pessimist that comes with being a West Ham fan, I don't think we will get the win tbh. Sadly I expect, once again, the words of our fucking anthem, to have the same monotonous and predictable outcome we've all experienced many times before.

But here's hoping. The good thing about being pessimistic is that you only get nice surprises.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

sooner or later, the thieves will come good. Lets hope its tonight
Covid in the Boardroom

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

jameskel wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:52 am sooner or later, the thieves will come good. Lets hope its tonight
We don't want that. A tottenham win or a draw keeps their indifferent sequence progressing. It's more difficult this season for Liverpool because
all the diving in the box, VAR advantages, bad opposition luck has levelled away. And opponents are not playing a legend any more just the form.
Hence the Aston Villa surprise.

Then you add in confidence drop and resulting player performance dips and they are exactly where they deserve to be on merit. Burnley was a surprise but when you think your entitled sometimes you discover your not.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

The cunts hit form just before us
Typical.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Not watching the game tonight but I think the special one is not the type to go for broke and sitting back against these cunts just invites trouble.
Just go for it, fuck em.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Dropped down to fucking fifth now

Moyes out !!!

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Sky Sports’ Adam Bate:

“Liverpool have not looked close to their best this season but this feels like a big win for the reigning Premier League champions. It moves them ahead of West Ham and into the top four ahead of their trip to the London Stadium at the weekend.

“Manchester City still have the advantage, of course, but this was a reminder that Liverpool remain more potent than some of their wannabe rivals at the top end of the table. Injuries might mean they come up short this time around but the wheels are not off the red machine.”

Stop wanking mate ffs!! What a cunt.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

I'm really looking forward to this game, it should be a really good watch.

They looked more like the old Liverpool against the vermin which is a bad omen, but I really think we will give them a better game and our defense is better than both of theirs.

I have no idea what will happen, in the predictions thread I put a 2-1 loss, but anything could happen. I may have predicted a win were it not for our prolificacy up front, which is a bit concerning.

Lets just hope the kitchen has in fresh supplies of potato salad, only way we can be sure to score.