West Ham United v Liverpool - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
brookingslovechild

Re: West Ham United v Liverpool - Official Match Thread

Post by brookingslovechild »

Towie wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:40 am Agree to much Euphoria on here about been in top 4, where it counts is end of season.
We have a tough run of games coming up let’s see where we are after those.

I see nothing but a defeat or at best a draw against Liverpool, Moyes will revert to the sit on the edge of your 18 yard box tactic, and normality will be resumed.
make you right on this T. Cant see moyes being very expansive with pool's front 3 , particularly Mane who is a brilliant watch. Nick a draw i would be over the moon (& probably quite pissed by 6.15). Expect a down to earth mauling tbh.

on the bright side ( and with my claret glass firmly half empty) 5 points from safety, pretty sure we can get those with the games remaining :D

hd1

Post by hd1 »

They have a CB crisis, and are currently playing a kid there. Antonio will eat them for breakfast, and I suspect they may play Henderson there again on Sunday, and he doesn't have the pace.

Going forward however they looked sharp and Mane missed a hatfull last night. Spurs mistake was they did not pick up the striker dropping deep, whereas we have Rice and Soucek who can do that.

Midfield actually looks quite weak, with Thiago always looking a liability for a red card.

I think it'll be a decent game, end to end and hopefully we'll take our chances this time

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Well Antonio showed the post whois boss last game, now its on to between them. Hopefully a win but i feel a slight down to earth check will be the order of the day.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

hd1 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:00 pm They have a CB crisis, and are currently playing a kid there. Antonio will eat them for breakfast, and I suspect they may play Henderson there again on Sunday, and he doesn't have the pace.

Going forward however they looked sharp and Mane missed a hatfull last night. Spurs mistake was they did not pick up the striker dropping deep, whereas we have Rice and Soucek who can do that.

Midfield actually looks quite weak, with Thiago always looking a liability for a red card.

I think it'll be a decent game, end to end and hopefully we'll take our chances this time
I have spoken to a fewLiverpool fans,that know their stuff(you know how it is,with some plastic fans supporting the big clubs)and they seem more worried about us,than they were against Spurs.

I would be be content with a draw,but I do think we can win it too.At the same time,you know Liverpool can turn it on with their front 3 and 2 wing backs..If we can stop them,we will win the game.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

I watch all the Scouse games,I like the footie they play,and despite the injuries don't think they've been that far off..
things just not dropping for them,think they have been sussed a bit tho...nearly everyone "Parks the Bus" against them
now..pack the box out..hate that style but it works at times...Spuds didn't..thats what happens.

Pretty certain we're gonna have a go at them...me I might bring the 3/5 thing back for this one...it's not necessarily a
defensive thing..just gives you the option...but cos we have DecTomas who can both protect the Back 4,maybe we can stay
and stick with same starting 11...Up to how Moyes sees it.
Think we'll score..their defense CB wise could well struggle against us...fuckin nice being able to say that...

Really looking forward to it..would love to nick it...Spuds would be sick... :lol: ...and it all would start getting very serious League
wise.
Think Scouse will be to good for us...they're the only team I expect us to lose against...can see a 3-2 thing maybe...
either way hopefully..

COYI.... :D

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:12 am
hd1 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:00 pm > snip

I would be be content with a draw,but I do think we can win it too.At the same time,you know Liverpool can turn it on with their front 3 and 2 wing backs..If we can stop them,we will win the game.
so just in case ive read that wrong, you have us down to either win, draw, or lose ?

have i got that right ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:26 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:12 am

so just in case ive read that wrong, you have us down to either win, draw, or lose ?

have i got that right ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YEP :lol: I'm sitting on the fence Rick.

Tbh,I think we have a bloody good chance..

The Bookies have us at a longer price.Now 7/2 from 10/3.

Let them keep writing us off.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

As long as Gerrard doesn't play then we have a chance.COYI!!!!!!

Quick edit. Cunnnnntt!!
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:20 pm
Rick_Deckard wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:26 am

YEP :lol: I'm sitting on the fence Rick.

Tbh,I think we have a bloody good chance..

The Bookies have us at a longer price.Now 7/2 from 10/3.

Let them keep writing us off.
I agree Rick.. We've a bloody good chance----of winning, losing or drawing. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:26 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:20 pm

I agree Rick.. We've a bloody good chance----of winning, losing or drawing. ;)
Just testing the quote function :D
Bring back Jonathon !