Noble contract extension

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Noble contract extension

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:38 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:53 pm Depends on just how influential he is behind the scenes. If he can motivate or give someone a quiet bollocking, then fine, but if it's to be as a player then absolutely no way should he get an extension.
Yes he's been loyal and has been with us a long time but let's not forget, he's been royally paid for his services.
For me personally, he would have been up there with the greats of this club had he not tried to wrestle a fan to the floor stating he was in fear of his life! Total bollocks. James Collins acted like a proper captain that day.
Whatever anyone’s opinions of Noble as captain, player or anything else how anyone can criticise him for his actions in throwing that fucking idiot to the ground that day beats me completely. I’m not Nobl’s greatest fan but I would guess he was mightily pissed off by the performance and result that day which explained his actions.

How any sensible human being can justify pitch invasions beats me.
That 'fucking idiot' was Bubbles the chair of KickThemOut United and as MK timely reminded us, Mark Noble has a habit of removing people from the pitch who he has taken dislike to.

It's the old shop steward approach to negotiation which Declan has noted and decided to ignore.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:21 pm

Whatever anyone’s opinions of Noble as captain, player or anything else how anyone can criticise him for his actions in throwing that fucking idiot to the ground that day beats me completely. I’m not Nobl’s greatest fan but I would guess he was mightily pissed off by the performance and result that day which explained his actions.

That 'fucking idiot' was Bubbles the chair of KickThemOut United and as MK timely reminded us, Mark Noble has a habit of removing people from the pitch who he has taken dislike to.

It's the old shop steward approach to negotiation which Declan has noted and decided to ignore.
No. The fucking idiot thrown to the ground was not Paul Colborne (Bubbles). He was the other fucking idiot who ran onto the pitch and planted a corner flag on the centre spot.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:16 am

No. The fucking idiot thrown to the ground was not "Bubbles" (Paul Colborne). He was the other fucking idiot who ran onto the pitch and planted a corner flag on the centre spot.

No doubt both of the pitch invaders would claim to love the club. But taking an action that, firstly would certainly lead to the being banned from the ground and preventing them from watching matches and, secondly, could potentially have led to sanctions from the footballing authorities seems a strange way to express that love.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Think your a little mixed up with who's who mate on the pitch .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

hd1 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:34 pm
Clayton wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:35 amNot really sure why he has been given a extension to his contract ( maybe as a thank you and so the fans get to say goodbye next season ) hopefully its not as cover for Rice/Soucek .
He is undoubtedly a great influence around the club, not just the first team. The way he has guided Declan is one of the reasons he has matured into such a good player.

If the only reason we kept him on was as a thank you and for the fans to say goodbye then that is good enough reason in my book.

I read so much hand-wringing (and rightly so) about Sir Bobby being disrespected by the club, yet some on here want our current captain, a player who has made over 500 apearances, to be quietly put out to pasture.
It's a good thing the footballers of today don't live in the real world then , why should they not be treated like normal folk especially these days with what they earn , any of us unable to carry on working at a expected level would be lucky to get a golden handshake if not employed long enough by that employer . Thing is these footballers earn a lot more a week then most average people earn a annually and should be very well set up financially for life when they are finished ,
Obviously you have insider knowledge of the club , how else would you know of Nobles great influence and his under the wing tutelage of young Declan or are you just hoping that is the case .
I do not want to go to the extreme of doing what they do in the equestrian field like "shooting the horse" when it cannot carry on , but why not send him out to pasture like they do with the top thoroughbreds , though he doesn't really fall into that class for the footballing world , just us .

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Clayton wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:56 am

Think your a little mixed up with who's who mate on the pitch .
I am a little mixed up with who did what where. I apologise to 'Bubbles' as it was not he, that was thrown by him. A bit like asserting Oswald was shot by JFK.

I think the other 75% was about right and anyway in these desperate lands - I say, take what you can

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

tassiehammer wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:47 pm Might be because Soucek is gonna need a partner and we need a captain when Rice has been sold. :cry:. Dave’s way of looking to the future.
Great innovative Chairmanship. A way ahead of his game. :lol:

h69

Post by h69 »

Last I looked, pitch invasions were illegal and could potentially cost the team a punitive points deductions if it happens more than once. So I would expect nothing less from a good captain to try and get rid of anyone on there since that may damage their league standing.

And actually, was the invader he tried to get off not some other guy. I thought Bubbles was the one who put the flag in the ground but there was another that Noble fought with from what I remember. I may be wrong there.

As for a one year swansong. He is a squad player who may play in a few cup games and is there for any emergencies with injuries but has a big influence on the players in the first team and below and anyone joining the team....ask Soucek. That is fine by me as I dont think he has ever demanded to play and understands he wont have many more games.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Of course we have really done well these past 10 yrs :lol: :lol: :lol: Figment of your imagination comes to mind.
Last edited by Shortshanks on Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

We shouldn't go on to pitch during a game...we all know that,maybe even the guys that actually did......
It was a shit of a day right thru...lots of different experiences going on outside....The stuff I saw outside prior to game
made me not want to go again...tensions were high,putting it mildly,so some stuff has to be forgiven...
West Ham fans wanting to have a pop at fellow Irons,on Mooros remembrance day...against everything West Ham
Stand for.
If you've been a fan for a while...you'll know the Symbolism of Flag guy (Bubbles)...it was done in the heat of Passion..
We've all done stuff when that gets hold,and is like I say, forgivable...

The Coin throwing.. tho not as bad as some make out isn't and is far far worse.

End of the day it was a few guys in 50,000 Irons fans that were there that day...seen shitloads worse over the years.

No passion in footie,we might as well forget it...