Breakaway super League

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Breakaway super League

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:32 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:45 am

Wage caps are a load of old cunt imo. If ANY business decides to pay it's employees more money than it can afford then more fool them. If Tescos started paying it's checkout ladies telephone number salaries they'd pass the cost onto the customers. That's you and me people. We wouldn't put up with it and we'd start shopping elsewhere.

But being mentally challenged football supporters we continue paying top dollar for match tickets, t v subscriptions, overpriced tacky merchandising products and so on. And then we expect the government to impose salary caps to save us from ourselves. :lol: :lol:

No one forces the employers to pay players the salaries they do. It's the fear of being left behind by the rest that does it. And us fans have to take some of the blame. We won't of course because it's always some other cunt's fault but if whatever club we support doesn't compete for the next overpriced James Tarkowski or Maxi Gomez we start getting all sniffy, our knickers start feeling very damp and we all rush to our keyboards.

Just like I've done. Some things will never change. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are a clever man.

What would you do?

It can't keep fleecing the fans.

Young fans are not going has much as they use to?Most of the fans that attend are middle age now and that was never the case before the PL..I went in my early teens regularly travelling from North London with my brothers,cousins,mates,who were of similar age.That is not the case no more.

Personally,I think the owners are not bothered by the fans that attend no more,apart from corporate.With the technology nowadays,things have changed on the way football is marketed and that`s why,there will be a Super League eventually.The owners know they will make MORE money.

These teams will be playing all over the world,not just their own country.

Sunday was just the start mate.
Tbh I don't see myself as particularly clever but, like everyone else, I have ideas about what should be done, which is penalise the clubs involved financially.

Are fans fleeced ? Don't think you can say they are when most PL grounds were pretty much filled to capacity most weeks. And I'm sure all the owners DO care about not having fans in the grounds. Not having fans in is putting all clubs under financial pressure. Which is where the problems start. Clubs have got to start paying out less on player salaries. The present levels just can't be sustained. Running a business isn't rocket science, unless the business is NASA of course. No business can afford to pay out more than it's taking in. But many (most ?) football clubs don't seem to realise that. They're all scrambling around playing keep up with the Joneses. So instead of looking at ways of cutting costs they are looking for more and more ways to bring in more cash.

Young fans aren't going as much partly because of the cost but there's other reasons as well. When you and I started going if you wanted to see a football match you had to actually go to the ground to see it. Which is how we all got hooked. But today, while kids still want to go to games, they want to see the superstars they watch every week on the t v . My grandchildren have all hassled to be taken to The Nou Camp and the eldest has now said he wants to go and stand on the "yellow wall" in Dortmund. A lot of today's kids basically don't have the strong club ties that you and I had back in the day.

You asked me what I'd do. If I ran a lower league club I would hand out free tickets every week to local schools and kids football clubs. If seats are going to be empty you may as well try to get a few arses on them even if you don't raise any money directly by doing it. You never know that might start a relationship with the club that could develop in the same way that people of our generations developed their affinities with clubs back in the day.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:46 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:32 am

You are a clever man.

What would you do?

It can't keep fleecing the fans.

Young fans are not going has much as they use to?Most of the fans that attend are middle age now and that was never the case before the PL..I went in my early teens regularly travelling from North London with my brothers,cousins,mates,who were of similar age.That is not the case no more.

Personally,I think the owners are not bothered by the fans that attend no more,apart from corporate.With the technology nowadays,things have changed on the way football is marketed and that`s why,there will be a Super League eventually.The owners know they will make MORE money.

These teams will be playing all over the world,not just their own country.

Sunday was just the start mate.

You asked me what I'd do. If I ran a lower league club I would hand out free tickets every week to local schools and kids football clubs. If seats are going to be empty you may as well try to get a few arses on them even if you don't raise any money directly by doing it. You never know that might start a relationship with the club that could develop in the same way that people of our generations developed their affinities with clubs back in the day.
An excellent suggestion I must say .

And not just for lower league clubs . It’s something all non Sky 6 clubs should do even if it’s just a few hundred .

If it gets the club just 10 new young fans a week it’s a start and 10 young fans that don’t dream of old Trafford or the Bernabau .
Bring back Jonathon !

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

We did do a kids for a quid scheme a while back,
The club that is.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:08 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:46 pm

An excellent suggestion I must say .

And not just for lower league clubs . It’s something all non Sky 6 clubs should do even if it’s just a few hundred .

If it gets the club just 10 new young fans a week it’s a start and 10 young fans that don’t dream of old Trafford or the Bernabau .
Not only that but if a few hundred freebies were let in out of those few hundred there would be at least 100 overpiced programmes sold, at least 150 overpriced hot dogs and practically all would want a bucket of overpriced hot chips. And if some of the schoolies looked old enough, as I did back in the day, quite a few overpriced pints of warm rats piss. A win for all :D :D :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

Some of the papers saying they could get European bans.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Parry Hotter wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:19 am Some of the papers saying they could get European bans.
COULD..In other words they won't..Money counts and nothing else. Without these Clubs,the sponsorships deals won't bring in the same finance.

Like Qatari was all about money..It won't happen.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Never gonna happen but I’d love to see all the cunts and their fucking fans get fucked over.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Having met with a few fellow Hammers over a beer or two yesterday, the general consensus was that a fine, however large, was not enough.

English football needs them in the 'pyramid', but the Vanrama National League is in said pyramid. And Spuds v Bromley at the Bageldrome in front of paying fans has a certain appeal.

The public execution of Daniel Levy at half-time, method decided by a national ballot would also have merit imo.

Cheerleaders and brass bands are so out of date.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:57 am
Parry Hotter wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:19 am Some of the papers saying they could get European bans.
COULD..In other words they won't..Money counts and nothing else. Without these Clubs,the sponsorships deals won't bring in the same finance.

Like Qatari was all about money..It won't happen.
What is ironic with all the peeps advocating draconioan punishments (relegation,points reduction) for the naughty-six: should that actually happen, the net result would be the immediate resurfing of the super league project.

And the biggest winners of that game would be Madrid,Barcelona and Juventus who are all flat broke and leveraged to the whims of the dirty money cartels.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:42 pm We did do a kids for a quid scheme a while back,
The club that is.
As did Prince Andrew
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"