Breakaway super League

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Breakaway super League

Post by Whiskyman »

Dagger wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:13 pm yeah but what have the Romans done for us :)

:lol:

We could certainly do with a Roman of our own, that’s for sure.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:32 am
Dagger wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:02 am don't think a fine will work but its the way it will probably go

the arsenal cunt said any fine his out side interest will pay so will not effect Arsenal at all

so how do you control someone who is happy to pay the fine does not effect the club and it disappears in a tax avoidance scheme of some sort

the only way to hurt them is drop them down a few divisions or points deduction this year and next

also if you believe it the twat from Spain is saying they all are still in it and will happen at some stage, that alone should force the powers at be to punish now and punish hard

all about opinions
It won't affect Arsenal but it will effect the Josh Kroenke directly. Isn't that what should happen ? For example let's assume for the moment it was West Ham who were one of the "big 6". I bet you any amount of money you like those people on forums calling for points deductions, relegations, public hangings and everything else would be saying stuff like "S & G should be punished, why should us fans suffer".. And wouldn't they be right. ?

You see where I'm going we this don't you ? It was the owners of the clubs who were driving the ESL thing so isn't it those same owners who should suffer the financial hits ?
You could shoot the owners..I think that is a good punishment :lol:

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Nothing will happen, all talk from the corrupt governing bodies.

Money talks
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Let's look at the reasons on why these clubs wanted to go with a Super League.

It wasn't because these 12 Clubs would bring us so much entertainment with their magnificent football,was it?

It was money.The main reason behind that is because the majority of them clubs are in massive debt.

The reason behind the debt,they pay the players far too much money.

There has to be a wage cap for the sake of Football..The players are paid hideous salaries and it needs to end.

If they don't,either the whole of football will implode in all the big nations of England,Spain and Italy.

Personally,I think the Super League will eventually go ahead because there are too many of the big clubs in financial turmoil.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Ironworksfc wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:26 pm Nothing will happen, all talk from the corrupt governing bodies.

Money talks
They ain't got none :lol:

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:31 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:26 pm Nothing will happen, all talk from the corrupt governing bodies.

Money talks
They ain't got none :lol:
The governing bodies make fortunes from these clubs, premier League and champions League need them involved to keep the cash cow going
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Huge suspended fines to try and scare them from doing it again and a slap on the wrist. Premier league, European leagues need their big clubs to keep their tills full.
Was it illegal or just immoral what they done? As WM said, a conundrum.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:30 pm Let's look at the reasons on why these clubs wanted to go with a Super League.

It wasn't because these 12 Clubs would bring us so much entertainment with their magnificent football,was it?

It was money.The main reason behind that is because the majority of them clubs are in massive debt.

There has to be a wage cap for the sake of Football..The players are paid hideous salaries and it needs to end.

If they don't,either the whole of football will implode in all the big nations of England,Spain and Italy.

Personally,I think the Super League will eventually go ahead because there are too many of the big clubs in financial turmoil.
Wage caps are a load of old cunt imo. If ANY business decides to pay it's employees more money than it can afford then more fool them. If Tescos started paying it's checkout ladies telephone number salaries they'd pass the cost onto the customers. That's you and me people. We wouldn't put up with it and we'd start shopping elsewhere.

But being mentally challenged football supporters we continue paying top dollar for match tickets, t v subscriptions, overpriced tacky merchandising products and so on. And then we expect the government to impose salary caps to save us from ourselves. :lol: :lol:

No one forces the employers to pay players the salaries they do. It's the fear of being left behind by the rest that does it. And us fans have to take some of the blame. We won't of course because it's always some other cunt's fault but if whatever club we support doesn't compete for the next overpriced James Tarkowski or Maxi Gomez we start getting all sniffy, our knickers start feeling very damp and we all rush to our keyboards.

Just like I've done. Some things will never change. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

ToneLoc wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:47 pm
palerider wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:15 am

The 'should do's' and the 'will do's' are poles apart.

I agree about the other 14 clubs needing the big six. Which is why they, at their meeting, agreed a points deduction would only hit the fans. Which of course really meant 'fuck the fans, it will hit us in the pocket'.

Despite all the contrition I've heard from owners and pundit fans across the board. We'll have to wait and see when push comes to shove. Like a hospital trust making an unreserved apology when someone croaks from a fuck-up.

Oh that's ok then....you said sorry. That makes all the difference.

Dave from Stockport might say that he'd back United having a European ban for two years now. But if UEFA actually did it he'd be moaning his tits off demanding an appeal.
Stockport?
You mean Seoul right?
Well. Dave is a Seoul man.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:45 am
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:30 pm Let's look at the reasons on why these clubs wanted to go with a Super League.

Wage caps are a load of old cunt imo. If ANY business decides to pay it's employees more money than it can afford then more fool them. If Tescos started paying it's checkout ladies telephone number salaries they'd pass the cost onto the customers. That's you and me people. We wouldn't put up with it and we'd start shopping elsewhere.

But being mentally challenged football supporters we continue paying top dollar for match tickets, t v subscriptions, overpriced tacky merchandising products and so on. And then we expect the government to impose salary caps to save us from ourselves. :lol: :lol:

No one forces the employers to pay players the salaries they do. It's the fear of being left behind by the rest that does it. And us fans have to take some of the blame. We won't of course because it's always some other cunt's fault but if whatever club we support doesn't compete for the next overpriced James Tarkowski or Maxi Gomez we start getting all sniffy, our knickers start feeling very damp and we all rush to our keyboards.

Just like I've done. Some things will never change. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are a clever man.

What would you do?

It can't keep fleecing the fans.

Young fans are not going has much as they use to?Most of the fans that attend are middle age now and that was never the case before the PL..I went in my early teens regularly travelling from North London with my brothers,cousins,mates,who were of similar age.That is not the case no more.

Personally,I think the owners are not bothered by the fans that attend no more,apart from corporate.With the technology nowadays,things have changed on the way football is marketed and that`s why,there will be a Super League eventually.The owners know they will make MORE money.

These teams will be playing all over the world,not just their own country.

Sunday was just the start mate.