Breakaway super League

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Breakaway super League

Post by terrya1965 »

Dagger wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:17 am the chicken run did the same thing remember the attendance was 35,00 odd but don't think anyone could touch the floor with there fee it was so rammed :-)

would love to go back in time so my boys could experience the atmosphere
I have always said that to my kids.A REAL atmosphere.Them Cup gamess(especially night games)/Derbies/Liverpool/Man U at Upton Park were brilliant.When I think of my favorite times,they are them..When it become all seater,it was sh*t,apart from one or 2 games.

It did help that we did have one or 2 good teams back in time too to generate the atmosphere.I do remember the big games.Fans singing outside before the game and has soon has you got in,you were singing to the opposition fans.

The best times following West Ham in the 70s and 80s.

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

Back in the 60's I'm pretty sure there were no kids turnstiles in the Chicken Run and kids were supposed to pay full price, but my old man double turn stiled me loads of times. Best place in the ground until they tore it down; but christ it must have been a shocking fire risk and that was in the days when everyone smoked and the fire exits were virtually non existent.

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:37 am
Dagger wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:17 am the chicken run did the same thing remember the attendance was 35,00 odd but don't think anyone could touch the floor with there fee it was so rammed :-)

I have always said that to my kids.A REAL atmosphere.Them Cup gamess(especially night games)/Derbies/Liverpool/Man U at Upton Park were brilliant.When I think of my favorite times,they are them..When it become all seater,it was sh*t,apart from one or 2 games.

It did help that we did have one or 2 good teams back in time too to generate the atmosphere.I do remember the big games.Fans singing outside before the game and has soon has you got in,you were singing to the opposition fans.

Yep. The seats did for the atmosphere.

The only ground with any now is Selhurst Park which the away section is in an old wooden stand with a very low roof and the seats have so little legroom it's impossible to sit. Nowhere else gets a good atmosphere like the old days.

palerider

Post by palerider »

I see it's all gone quiet over the proposed punishments.

But I guess the FA and the PL are weighing up the consequences of a harsh letter or some 'angry' emojis on social media.

Best not rush.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:37 am

NanOz and GrandadOz: "back in my day, we used to have to milk the cows before walking ten miles to school in two feet of snow".

I'm not sure where I'm going with this...

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

palerider wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:24 am I see it's all gone quiet over the proposed punishments.

But I guess the FA and the PL are weighing up the consequences of a harsh letter or some 'angry' emojis on social media.

Best not rush.

Like it is said in the conspiracy theory thread,it`s all about finances. If it`s going effect that,nothing will probably happen.If it was anybody outside the elite of English football,they'd have slung the book at them.

palerider

Post by palerider »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:57 am
palerider wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:24 am I see it's all gone quiet over the proposed punishments.

Best not rush.

Like it is said in the conspiracy theory thread,it`s all about finances. If it`s going effect that,nothing will probably happen.If it was anybody outside the elite of English football,they'd have slung the book at them.
Without doubt.

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

anything going to happen via the premier league on this

notice Sky has gone very quiet no more kick them out or deduct points from Neville and his Victims sidekick wonder why ffs

wish they had gone through with it and fucked off

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:57 am

Best not rush.

Only thing wrong with that theory is that no one would want teams from outside the so called elite to join their exclusive little group. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dagger wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:45 pm anything going to happen via the premier league on this

A very strong e mail telling the offenders they have been very naughty boys and not to do it again has apparently been sent.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?