Burnley vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Burnley vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:15 pm
deanox wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:10 pm This is a different team, we played very well tonight and should of scored more.....beat Everton and could we really be Champions league bound :shock:
Tbh I looked at our lineup and thought we’d get bullied off the park. But that game should have been all over by half time.

Fornals & Lanzini were excellent in their roles. And has there ever been a better vfm signing than Coufal?
If Coufal don't get in PFA Team,something is wrong.McNeil never touched the ball and he was always involved up top.

Some really good performances tonight..If we'd had our shooting boots on,we could have had 6 or 7.Some fabulous football.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Well done lads , you can make all our dreams a reality , problem is our owners will make us look like chumps .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:55 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:15 pm

Tbh I looked at our lineup and thought we’d get bullied off the park. But that game should have been all over by half time.

Fornals & Lanzini were excellent in their roles. And has there ever been a better vfm signing than Coufal?
If Coufal don't get in PFA Team,something is wrong.
Won’t happen Terry. The “big 6” will block it. ;) And if they don’t the F A will step in.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Well done lads. Back in front of the spuds!
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

Declan has been the heartbeat of our team for the last few years and I really feared we'd fall away when both him and Micky were out, but we go from strength to strength. The team as a whole are so much stronger than the individuals that it's comprised of. There are no prima donna's and for the moment everyone is ecstatic that we're getting the results that we deserve. So pleased to have the old Manu back! If we get Declan, Oggy and Arthur back, there is no reason for us why we can't win all of the remaining games.

Moyes's biggest headache will be who to leave out. I'm guessing it will be Benny and Diop first on the list and Arthur will probably have to wait.

The biggest compliment I can pay the side is that they remind me of Clough's top Forest side; really hard to beat, can score goals from all over the pitch and no one is bigger than the team, even though the team contains several world class players! Lets hope the dreams continue NOT to fade!!!!!!

COYI

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

dorsetdano wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:40 am Declan has been the heartbeat of our team for the last few years and I really feared we'd fall away when both him and Micky were out, but we go from strength to strength. The team as a whole are so much stronger than the individuals that it's comprised of. There are no prima donna's and for the moment everyone is ecstatic that we're getting the results that we deserve. So pleased to have the old Manu back! If we get Declan, Oggy and Arthur back, there is no reason for us why we can't win all of the remaining games.

Moyes's biggest headache will be who to leave out. I'm guessing it will be Benny and Diop first on the list and Arthur will probably have to wait.

The biggest compliment I can pay the side is that they remind me of Clough's top Forest side; really hard to beat, can score goals from all over the pitch and no one is bigger than the team, even though the team contains several world class players! Lets hope the dreams continue NOT to fade!!!!!!

COYI
Reckon you're probably right. If fit Rice and Ogbonna will walk straight back in. I did like the way that midfield set up worked last night though. Must admit I was gobsmacked by how well it worked.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:23 am
dorsetdano wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:40 am Declan has been the heartbeat of our team for the last few years and I really feared we'd fall away when both him and Micky were out, but we go from strength to strength. The team as a whole are so much stronger than the individuals that it's comprised of. There are no prima donna's and for the moment everyone is ecstatic that we're getting the results that we deserve. So pleased to have the old Manu back! If we get Declan, Oggy and Arthur back, there is no reason for us why we can't win all of the remaining games.

COYI
Reckon you're probably right. If fit Rice and Ogbonna will walk straight back in. I did like the way that midfield set up worked last night though. Must admit I was gobsmacked by how well it worked.
Was that not the same midfield as in the cup win over Doncaster ?

Ok it was against a League One side but it was very easy on the eye that day too. Food for thought.

h69

Post by h69 »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:52 pm Bowen on Benny off
Benny was excellent last night. Great performance against a team t hat beat Wolves 4-0. Even Dyche said we were the better team. Fair play.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:09 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:55 pm

If Coufal don't get in PFA Team,something is wrong.
Won’t happen Terry. The “big 6” will block it. ;) And if they don’t the F A will step in.
:lol: :lol:

h69

Post by h69 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:00 pm
downunda wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:57 pm Diop is looking a bit vulnerable with the high ball over the top but Dawson looks better
Both carthorses. Ogbonna and Balbuena are better footballers
As a pair, Ogbonna and Dawson seem to be the best fit for me. Balbuena and Diop as a reserve