Burnley vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Burnley vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

This game is going to be a tough one and we never had a good record there since our last win and Rice first appearance in 2017 when Bilic was in charge in our last win there 2-1.

Moyes is hoping to have at least 5 players back with Cresswell and Masuaku will start full training and hope to gain match fitness......Rice could also come to contention as he will start training this week. Dawson will be back in our squad and Balbuena suspension could be over-turned after a very poor decision by the ref and VAR,, so that only leave us Antonio our only absentee. Whether those 5 in our squad will be remain to be seen how they do this week in training and our match is on Monday night so that give us couple of extra days preparation and more chance of players coming back. Squad will be difficult to predict but 2 players may be on the bench at most in Rice and Masuaku

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Diop
Ogbonna
Cresswell
Johnson/Masuaku

Soucek
Noble/Rice
Fornals

Lingard
Bowen

We have to be very tight on the back and Chris Wood is on fire with Burnley and our nemesis as he is very similar to Callum Wilson. We need to perform better and let give a real go at them.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

BlackDiamond

Re: Burnley vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond »

Nice intro Ibbs and hello to Alf who will be reading the forum this week. Not sure our false-9 experiment is worth continuing with.
Hopefully DM will spring a surprise and reevaluate his choices. We don't need a third defeat on the spin so hopefully that doesn't occur.

Reasons to be cheerfull:
West Ham have only lost to the nasty-six and Newcastle this season
David Moyes has never lost three games consecutively (with West Ham)

Reasons to be anxious
All trends/patterns in football eventually are broken
David Moyes is not for turning

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:58 am Nice intro Ibbs and hello to Alf who will be reading the forum this week. Not sure our false-9 experiment is worth continuing with.
Hopefully DM will spring a surprise and reevaluate his choices. We don't need a third defeat on the spin so hopefully that doesn't occur.

Reasons to be cheerfull:
West Ham have only lost to the nasty-six and Newcastle this season
David Moyes has never lost three games consecutively (with West Ham)

Reasons to be anxious
All trends/patterns in football eventually are broken
David Moyes is not for turning
Hope whoever the ref and VAR not to bottle it which is more worrying than Burnley as the season 2015-16 when referee were absolutely a joke against us and destroying our only top 4 chance with far too many mistakes and costing us 12 points.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Not an easy fixture. Burnley will know that although they are probably safe, a win will pretty much guarantee it.

Our fault or not, we need to stop the rot.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Cheers Ibbs.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Wood was on fire yesterday so he’ll be a problem if he carries on like that. Having said that I’m confident our defence won’t be as shockingly bad as Wolves were against them. I think we’ll probably edge this or at worst a draw.
If we had Antonio and Rice I’d be a hell of a lot more confident.
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

With Woy not being able to do us a favour last night, the owl faced old fart, it's beginning to look like the CL is beyond us and to have any chance we'll need to win all of our remaining games. Although both Leicester and the plastics have difficult run-ins and also have to play each other.

So we need to go for it. Not the namby-pamby 'poo my pants' football that the Messiah often enjoys.

If Benrahma doesn't get a start for this one, he never will and begs the question, why the fuck did we buy him ?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:15 am With Woy not being able to do us a favour last night, the owl faced old fart, it's beginning to look like the CL is beyond us and to have any chance we'll need to win all of our remaining games. Although both Leicester and the plastics have difficult run-ins and also have to play each other.

So we need to go for it. Not the namby-pamby 'poo my pants' football that the Messiah often enjoys.

If Benrahma doesn't get a start for this one, he never will and begs the question, why the fuck did we buy him ?
It seems the question of "who", rather than "why did", we buy him is being asked in many circles. Including here. I doubt we will ever know the answer to the first question but as for the second hopefully one day he will answer it, although with each cameo I fear the possibility is becoming less lijkely.

Not sure the rugged "take that you bloody southern softies" strategy usually employed by Burnley is the right environment for Benrahma tbh.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:04 am
palerider wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:15 am With Woy not being able to do us a favour last night, the owl faced old fart, it's beginning to look like the CL is beyond us and to have any chance we'll need to win all of our remaining games. Although both Leicester and the plastics have difficult run-ins and also have to play each other.

It seems the question of "who", rather than "why did", we buy him is being asked in many circles. Including here. I doubt we will ever know the answer to the first question but as for the second hopefully one day he will answer it, although with each cameo I fear the possibility is becoming less lijkely.

Not sure the rugged "take that you bloody southern softies" strategy usually employed by Burnley is the right environment for Benrahma tbh.
Somebody on another message board suggested that Benrahma’s wild 40 yard swipe into row z on Saturday when there were half a dozen better options may have done for him here at West Ham , particularly if this manager is here next season.

I’m not sure that’s strictly fair tbh although I tend to agree

Lingard s arrival and his immediate impact has probably contributed greatly too.

Ben’s place at the club depends on whether Moyes can blow our entire transfer budget on Lingard imo .
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:57 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:04 am

Somebody on another message board suggested that Benrahma’s wild 40 yard swipe into row z on Saturday when there were half a dozen better options may have done for him here at West Ham , particularly if this manager is here next season.

I’m not sure that’s strictly fair tbh although I tend to agree

Lingard s arrival and his immediate impact has probably contributed greatly too.

Ben’s place at the club depends on whether Moyes can blow our entire transfer budget on Lingard imo .
About the size of it Tim.

Forget about us needing another keeper, midfielder, left and centre-back.

But the striker situation will be taken care of. Antonio back will be like having a new player.