Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:31 pm It's all bollocks at the end of the day.
There won't be much going on until the Euro's are over. The team's already out are shite anyway, so there's not much to pick from them.
Didn't see the Turks match last but one of the best defenders was Soyuncu of Leicester, just a pity he was in a very poor side.
Can't agree that just because a team is already out they don't have some players who are decent. FFS one of the best goalkeepers in Europe, Jan Oblak, isn't even in the competition because he's Slovenian and they didn't qualify. Spain and Portugal could go out in the group stages and there's a few of their players I wouldn't mind seeing in our colours. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:45 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:31 pm It's all bollocks at the end of the day.
There won't be much going on until the Euro's are over. The team's already out are shite anyway, so there's not much to pick from them.
Didn't see the Turks match last but one of the best defenders was Soyuncu of Leicester, just a pity he was in a very poor side.
Can't agree that just because a team is already out they don't have some players who are decent. FFS one of the best goalkeepers in Europe, Jan Oblak, isn't even in the competition because he's Slovenian and they didn't qualify. Spain and Portugal could go out in the group stages and there's a few of their players I wouldn't mind seeing in our colours. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Indeed they do, which is why I mentioned Soyuncu of Leicester, but they've either been snapped up already or are on the verge of a transfer. The rest are bang average at best. The likes, of Spain and Portugal may well go out, but realistically how many of them would we get, with our pair of shysters.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:39 pm
Watcher wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:51 pm If we can get more than we paid for Diop than snap their hands off!
FFS we're supposed to be looking at central defenders. Why on earth shift Diop out ? Particularly if we intend to replace him with a relatively immobile lump like Caleta Car or, heaven forbid, Tarkowski.
I just don´t rate him, he is a back up player here and too expensive imo for that role for us at the moment, we could replace him for less and use the remaining cash on other areas

Tarkowski and Caletta Car are both far superior to him

BTW Diop is not very mobile

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

West Ham-linked midfielder to leave Man City this summer

Date published: Monday 21st June 2021 1:22 - Jason Soutar

Manchester City midfielder Yangel Herrera is set to leave the club this summer, with West Ham interested in bringing in the Venezuelan according to Spanish football expert Euan McTear.

The 23-year-old has spent the last two seasons on loan at Granada in LaLiga and has seen his market value rise significantly during his time in Spain.

City brought Herrera in from Venezuelan outfit Atlético Venezuela for less than £1million back in 2017, and has made zero appearances for the Citizens since the move.

The tenacious midfielder made 46 appearances for Granada in the 2020/21 season, scoring 8 goals.

McTear, who is an author and TV pundit in Spain, spoke to The Transfer Tavern, guaranteeing that the player will be leaving this summer.

“He’s [Herrera] been at Granada for more than a couple seasons now in a row, he’s been key to their qualification for Europa League and then the run to the quarter-finals.

“He’s like a classic box-to-box midfielder, a bit of a throwback in that way, his first instinct is to try and dribble, to pass it forward, charging forward he took so many shots this season.

“He’ll leave them [Manchester City] for sure and who knows where he goes?”

The Daily Mail have stated that West Ham are interested in his services and that he could be available for around £20m.

If the 23-year-old was to make the move to the London Stadium then David Moyes may have to switch up the current midfield dynamic which currently includes Declan Rice and Tomas Soucek.

Herrera has been with Venezuela at the Copa America, but after picking up an injury will miss the rest of the tournament.

https://www.football365.com/news/west-h ... e-man-city

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Watcher wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:30 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:39 pm

FFS we're supposed to be looking at central defenders. Why on earth shift Diop out ? Particularly if we intend to replace him with a relatively immobile lump like Caleta Car or, heaven forbid, Tarkowski.
I just don´t rate him, he is a back up player here and too expensive imo for that role for us at the moment, we could replace him for less and use the remaining cash on other areas

Tarkowski and Caletta Car are both far superior to him

BTW Diop is not very mobile

You are entitled to your opinion of course but I do wonder how many times you have watched Caleta Car. And if you think Tarkowski is better than Diop I guess we have a different idea what constitutes a good CD.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

West Ham are set to sign 19 year old Celtic winger Armstrong Okoflex on a free.

Possibly ready for the first team squad according to an insider.

While we do need extra bodies in the squad as cover for the Europa League, I have a nasty feeling about our current policy and where all this is leading.

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

JayK

Post by JayK »

Watcher wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:12 pm
Most likely designation? If these people could spell I would find their stuff a little more credible but I still believe none of the rumours until they’re fact
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:27 pm
Watcher wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:12 pm
Most likely designation? If these people could spell I would find their stuff a little more credible but I still believe none of the rumours until they’re fact
It's the turd that won't flush though isn't it Jay ?

With the Euros on the transfer gossip is on the back burner but would you put it past the little cunt to flog our top asset if he got a decent offer and replace him with some journeyman or Mark Noble ?

17th place is just hunky dory for these vermin.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:43 pm
JayK wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:27 pm

It's the turd that won't flush though isn't it Jay ?

With the Euros on the transfer gossip is on the back burner but would you put it past the little cunt to flog our top asset if he got a decent offer and replace him with some journeyman or Mark Noble ?

17th place is just hunky dory for these vermin.
In my mind a turd that doesn’t flush is quite impressive, but that aside, I get your drift and no I wouldn’t put anything past that little cunt. Ambition ain’t in his dictionary unless it relates to obtaining even more money
COYI!!!