Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Post by hd1 »

Castiron wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:25 pm Ask most Chelsea fans what they think of Zoumas performances.
Would it be the same as what the Watford fans said about Dawson?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:53 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:36 pm
Well first out the gate there are some jokes about Zouma (his name) from various BTL contributors. Hilarious perhaps, if you watched the first video which I didn't. Then an introduction to purchase a polo shirt as modeled by himself (the Gonz), probably good if that's your bag.

On the specifics of Moyes and his plans, apparently he (Moyes) likes a player who has not quite fullfilled his potential at their current club. eg) Lingard,Phil Jones,Kurt Zouma. And he likes to make his deals on the last day of trading just before the deadline expires.

No mention of dithering but you can make your own mind up. So players that nobody else much fancies at the last minute you might be thinking. Which crossed my mind too.

So are we fucked ? well I suppose it depends, if that ends nicely or not...

and ending nicely means:

Competent CB
Replacing Lingard with Lingard/Pereira
A forward worthy of wearing the No 9 shirt for goodness sake
ANO x2 loans
So the Messiah likes to wait until the last minute until pouncing. Like a big cat stalking a wildebeest in the Serengeti.

I reckon in this case the wildebeests in question, the Pereiras etc, ones with some of meat on the bones, have long departed to other watering holes and Moyes will look a bit of a cunt after being left with the old and infirm ones who won't be able to do a runner.
He's like a coiled spring my learned friend.
Like the crossbow bolt, you never see coming, the crack of the shovel on the nape of the neck that can render a wench unconscious or the balaclava adorned madman that emerges from behind the settee with a garrote.
Fear not my man, the Scottish Marty Feldman will strike when the haggis is hot.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Post by 9898 »

Zuma is rubbish.
Plays like an African centre half - doesnt use his brain and always out of position.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Towie

Post by Towie »

hd1 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:00 pm
Castiron wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:25 pm Ask most Chelsea fans what they think of Zoumas performances.

And his mistakes towards end of season proved them right. :roll:
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

9898 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:54 pm Zuma is rubbish.
Plays like an African centre half - doesnt use his brain and always out of position.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Usual talk Sir!
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:22 pm
hd1 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:00 pm

Disagree. Everyone knows Dawson has a mistake in him but show me a CD who doesn’t. Wasn’t too long ago Ogbonna was being slagged off on here following a dodgy game or two.

World class player? Of course not. But imo to say he’s shit is way OTT.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:42 am
Newmarket wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:02 pm

Let’s just say he was a solid member of Fat Franks defence .
Not so much Tuchel’s .

And relegated with Stoke .

Solid competition for Dawson I’d suggest.
He wouldn’t be my first choice , mainly because of the price but imo he’s a very decent player who would improve the squad. Relegated with Stoke ? Trevor Brooking was relegated once or twice with us. I never realised that made him a poor player until now ;)
What’s Brooking got to do with anything ?

I was merely pointing out the similarities between this proposed Zouma deal and Dawson .

And , of course , the fact that Tuchel doesn’t rate him .

That doesn’t make him a bad player , but like yourself £20m ? Really ?

Mind you if we don’t have £35m for a striker then do we have 20 for a run-of-the-mill Centre Half ?

I think what I’m trying to say is if we’re talking VFM then this , if it’s true , ain’t .
So to speak.

Fwiw I wouldn’t touch Chelsea rejects with a barge pole , but that’s just me .
Next summer Madrid or Juve will be all over Rice .

Chelsea can get fucked .
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:36 pm

Disagree. Everyone knows Dawson has a mistake in him but show me a CD who doesn’t. Wasn’t too long ago Ogbonna was being slagged off on here following a dodgy game or two.

I had a CD that had a mistake in it - Track 4 (should never have been included...rubbish I tell ya)

C&H are whispering quite loudly that Connor Coventry is wanted by Peterborough and might be sold. Which is why he is being played in the friendlies.
Very cunning if true.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:38 am
palerider wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:54 am
Who knows but this business of leaving things until 5 minutes before the end of the window is madness. It leaves you no room for maneouvre if your target changes his mind at the death once he's talked to the dwarf and thought 'do I REALLY want to play for this little toe rag ?'

IF there's money then just get the fucking deals done. But I still reckon talk of anyone better than Martin Braithwaite, no offence to him, is dependent on Declan going.
No advantage till leaving anything to the last minute . But why do we think Moyes prefers doing so? Don’t seem to remember Coufal, Soucek, Bowen being last minute panic buys tbh.
Without meaning to be a smartarse …. Bowen was a last couple of hours of the January window jobbie ?
6 pm’ish rings a bell ?

Although tbf that was a totally “out of the blue , Ex eat yer heart out “ signing .

I like Moyes … he’s like an Allardyce with a smile 😊
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:36 pm

I don’t believe I said he was shit, but there definitely a lot better out there.

The Watford fans I know, (I work in Hemel, so know a few) couldn’t wait to get rid and said he had cost them a lot of games.
I got slated for sharing this by HD1, but his end of season games showed the Watford fans were not wrong.

Back up yes, starter no, for me Zouma is a vast improvement.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.