Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:10 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:36 pm

Disagree. Everyone knows Dawson has a mistake in him but show me a CD who doesn’t. Wasn’t too long ago Ogbonna was being slagged off on here following a dodgy game or two.

World class player? Of course not. But imo to say he’s shit is way OTT.
I don’t believe I said he was shit, but there definitely a lot better out there.

The Watford fans I know, (I work in Hemel, so know a few) couldn’t wait to get rid and said he had cost them a lot of games.
I got slated for sharing this by HD1, but his end of season games showed the Watford fans were not wrong.

Back up yes, starter no, for me Zouma is a vast improvement.
I’m fairly sure the word shit was used a while back when someone quoted what the aforementioned Watford fans commented about him. And yes of course there are better out there but we can’t afford to shop in Harrodsburg, can we?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:02 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:36 pm

Disagree. Everyone knows Dawson has a mistake in him but show me a CD who doesn’t. Wasn’t too long ago Ogbonna was being slagged off on here following a dodgy game or two.

World class player? Of course not. But imo to say he’s shit is way OTT.
I had a CD that had a mistake in it - Track 4 (should never have been included...rubbish I tell ya)

C&H are whispering quite loudly that Connor Coventry is wanted by Peterborough and might be sold. Which is why he is being played in the friendlies.
Very cunning if true.
Would be a silly move on our part imo. There is a player in there and, whilst he isn’t ready for regular first team football, he is certainly worth keeping as a squad player. A better option than Noble imo.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:22 pm
Towie wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:10 pm

I don’t believe I said he was shit, but there definitely a lot better out there.

The Watford fans I know, (I work in Hemel, so know a few) couldn’t wait to get rid and said he had cost them a lot of games.
I got slated for sharing this by HD1, but his end of season games showed the Watford fans were not wrong.

Back up yes, starter no, for me Zouma is a vast improvement.
I’m fairly sure the word shit was used a while back when someone quoted what the aforementioned Watford fans commented about him. And yes of course there are better out there but we can’t afford to shop in Harrodsburg, can we?
It probably was used, I always find it weird people describing premier league players as shit.
But if our resident troll the numerical twat can describe varane a World Cup winner, Spanish league winner etc etc as shit then really what hope for the others. :lol: :lol:
I have never really seen Dawson play before so I guess he just an average premier player, however relegation at WBA & Watford would suggest maybe he not good enough for Prem? As stated the Watford fans paying to see him play week in week out couldn’t wait to get rid.

I was pleasantly surprised, when he started for us, then seeing him last few games could see the Watford fans point.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Towie wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:12 am

It probably was used, I always find it weird people describing premier league players as shit.
But if our resident troll the numerical twat can describe varane a World Cup winner, Spanish league winner etc etc as shit then really what hope for the others. :lol: :lol:
I have never really seen Dawson play before so I guess he just an average premier player, however relegation at WBA & Watford would suggest maybe he not good enough for Prem? As stated the Watford fans paying to see him play week in week out couldn’t wait to get rid.

I was pleasantly surprised, when he started for us, then seeing him last few games could see the Watford fans point.
Is it possible Ogbonna made him look good or Diop made him look bad? His ill fortune in our shirt certainly seemed to coincide with Ogbonnas injury towards the end of the season
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

As a central defender in my prime I do tend to stick up for the breed. ;) I think it’s fair to say that if a central defender makes a mistake it is more likely to lead to a goal then if for example a midfielder or striker does which makes their mistakes more memorable if that’s the right word.

Don’t think.a player being relegated is necessarily a reflection on ability. As I said on another post Trevor Brooking has been relegated twice which doesn’t make him a bad player does it?

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Towie wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:22 pm
hd1 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:00 pm

Would it be the same as what the Watford fans said about Dawson?

And his mistakes towards end of season proved them right. :roll:
Right :lol:

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:31 am

Is it possible Ogbonna made him look good or Diop made him look bad? His ill fortune in our shirt certainly seemed to coincide with Ogbonnas injury towards the end of the season
Very accurate analysis. And his problems/weakness are really exposed when he is forced to play a high line.

Towie

Post by Towie »

hd1 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:53 am
Towie wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:22 pm

And his mistakes towards end of season proved them right. :roll:
Right :lol:
Thanks, I already knew that. ;)
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Dawson's form fell off a cliff at the end of last term and his mistakes cost us a few goals. Luckily for him his strong performances earlier in the season glossed over things. Gotta be honest, I'm seeing him as a real weak link next season.

In other news, Gary Cahill has left Palace after being unable to negotiate a new contract. You just know what's coming next.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:06 pm Dawson's form fell off a cliff at the end of last term and his mistakes cost us a few goals. Luckily for him his strong performances earlier in the season glossed over things. Gotta be honest, I'm seeing him as a real weak link next season.

In other news, Gary Cahill has left Palace after being unable to negotiate a new contract. You just know what's coming next.
Well that's sorted then.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.