Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:33 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:08 am

Can we all please stop the knicker wetting. We all know how the windows work. They're a bit like how the supermarkets get rid of the stuff that will soon be past it's sell by. The bargain buckets. Wait long enough and you'll eventually see them filled with the stuff that hasn't been shifted at premium price.

OK the bananas might be a bit squishy, the grapes a tad brown and if you're brave enough to try the cold meats make sure you're near a khazi when the bacteria strikes. But you get a deal. You save money. And we all know how old stumpy loves a bargain. He's just playing a waiting game, bless him. He can smell a bargain basement deal from a mile away. OK we won't pick up Erling Haaland on the cheap but if Andy Carroll hasn't found a club by the end of August he'll be desperate for some action and will probably be available on the cheap. What a steal.

And let's be positive. Let's stop using tacky words like "cheap" and "bargain". Let's put a positive spin on it and say "value for money" or "cost effective purchases". Sounds much more professional doesn't it ? :lol:
You are of course correct and I humbly apologise. I must chastise myself with a rolled-up Racing Post immediately.

How dare I criticise the dwarf's eye for a deal. I'm sure that Ollie McBurnie is on a train to London as I type.

I am not worthy.
My good man, reading some of the almost suicidal meanderings on here and a certain other WHU forum should Ollie McBurnie be pictured, arms crossed as our brand new striking sensation , he would probably be hailed as one would hail a conquering hero returning from battle. That's "battle" as in "armed skirmish" by the way, not the place just up the road from Hastings.

And don't knock Ollie. He'd be good for at least 5 goals a season for heaven's sake.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:00 am
palerider wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:33 am

And don't knock Ollie. He'd be good for at least 5 goals a season for heaven's sake.
Think you're being generous by about 4 goals there.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:33 am Another day passes and still no sign of any signings. Even the ever-optimistic Gonzo admits he's a tad concerned.

As the vermin shysters offer loans with obligations or derisory bids that are quite simply an insult to the potential selling clubs. With the decent players on offer moving elsewhere because these two sordid bastards are doing their utmost to leach as much as they can before Joe Black comes knocking.

Fear not my good man.
Wor Andy's been seen eating a subway outside a Harley Street doctors.
Exciting times are ahead.

Hurrah!
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:24 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:00 am

Nonsense my good fellow. I have just consulted the oracle, otherwise known as Wikipedia, and in his 2 seasons at Bramall Lane he racked up an impressive 7, yes , that's SEVEN, goals. In only two seasons. We're all raving about what a signing Coufal has been, but how many has he scored, eh ? None, that's how many. By comparison Ollie is a veritable goal machine. Based on what we paid for Coufal Ollie must be worth 10 bob from the dwarf's pile FFS.

And don't forget we have also been linked with Berge and Lundstram from Sheffield United. Add Ollie to that mix and, boy, that is one array of talent. And to satisfy the "Moyes outers" who better to weld them all into a lean, mean, footballing machine than the legend that is Chris Wilder, amazingly overlooked in favour of Carlo Ancelotti when Real Madrid needed a new head coach. Go for it stumpy you know it makes sense.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:03 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:24 am

Nonsense my good fellow. I have just consulted the oracle, otherwise known as Wikipedia, and in his 2 seasons at Bramall Lane he racked up an impressive 7, yes , that's SEVEN, goals. In only two seasons. We're all raving about what a signing Coufal has been, but how many has he scored, eh ? None, that's how many. By comparison Ollie is a veritable goal machine. Based on what we paid for Coufal Ollie must be worth 10 bob from the dwarf's pile FFS.

And don't forget we have also been linked with Berge and Lundstram from Sheffield United. Add Ollie to that mix and, boy, that is one array of talent. And to satisfy the "Moyes outers" who better to weld them all into a lean, mean, footballing machine than the legend that is Chris Wilder, amazingly overlooked in favour of Carlo Ancelotti when Real Madrid needed a new head coach. Go for it stumpy you know it makes sense.
This is being fueled by an article in C&H where it hints that David Moyes might be seeking to discover the hidden 'Kenny Dalglish' inside the inner man that is Oliver McBurnie. This is big news to Sheffield United and can only drive the price up.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:25 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:03 pm

This is being fueled by an article in C&H where it hints that David Moyes might be seeking to discover the hidden 'Kenny Dalglish' inside the inner man that is Oliver McBurnie. This is big news to Sheffield United and can only drive the price up.
He could be the new Sandy Clarke.

I'm off for a quick shuffle.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:42 am
palerider wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:33 am Another day passes and still no sign of any signings. Even the ever-optimistic Gonzo admits he's a tad concerned.

As the vermin shysters offer loans with obligations or derisory bids that are quite simply an insult to the potential selling clubs. With the decent players on offer moving elsewhere because these two sordid bastards are doing their utmost to leach as much as they can before Joe Black comes knocking.

Fear not my good man.

Hurrah!
I've seen the light.

Carlton Cole was in Lakeside buying some shinpads this very morning.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:52 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:42 am

Fear not my good man.

Hurrah!
I've seen the light.

There you go my friend.
Never mind the 600 odd other bids we've made in the last week.
When push comes to shove, cobra's the man.

My sack needs emptying.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:57 pm
palerider wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:52 pm

I've seen the light.

There you go my friend.

My sack needs emptying.
And I've been told that Vladimir Labant's come out of retirement to help us out.

I've got such a stiffy the cats are in hiding.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:10 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:57 pm

There you go my friend.

My sack needs emptying.
And I've been told that Vladimir Labant's come out of retirement to help us out.

I've got such a stiffy the cats are in hiding.
That's the spirit.
I'm knocking holes in the walls with Percy.