Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:10 am 108 pages and not one worthwhile signing.

20days till the new season kicks off.

Am I surprised?. Not one bit.
I was expecting Rice to move to Manchester United with Lingard going the other way. Then Man U would have a midfield of Rice,Pogba and Fernandez.
They could even use him as a CB next to Maguire in some games.

With that scenario, West Ham would probably have £65-70M (Rice money) plus maybe a further £10M to spend. Which would allow two quality £40M signings and then a couple of loan signings or a punt on someone outside the Prem.

The reason I said Man U is because if David Moyes top target is Jesse lingard then it makes sense to trade with them. Especially, if there is a possibility that Chelsea could swoop in with a £70M offer and upset all those plans.

The manager needs to be a bit decisive here because at the moment you have, no Lingard,unsettled Rice,no money and no players in that suggest squad
improvement.

What would Gareth Southgate do in this situation - count the fullbacks

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:32 am
JayK wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:24 am It’s quite funny seeing all the meltdowns on Twitter where people are saying they’ll be fuming if we don’t do this and don’t do that in the transfer market. At least there’s a lot more realism and minimal expectation on here. Still ridiculous but not worth losing your shit over the pair of vermin’s decision making with regards money. We know what we’ve got and just wait til they fuck off or die, or both
Indeed.

Today's friendly at Celtic is likely to be delayed as the team are still hitch-hiking to save the scumbags the air fare.
:lol:
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:43 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:10 am 108 pages and not one worthwhile signing.

I was expecting Rice to move to Manchester United with Lingard going the other way. Then Man U would have a midfield of Rice,Pogba and Fernandez.

With that scenario, West Ham would probably have £65-70M (Rice money) plus maybe a further £10M to spend. Which would allow two quality £40M signings and then a couple of loan signings or a punt on someone outside the Prem.

The reason I said Man U is because if David Moyes top target is Jesse lingard then it makes sense to trade with them. Especially, if there is a possibility that Chelsea could swoop in with a £70M offer and upset all those plans.

The manager needs to be a bit decisive here because at the moment you have, no Lingard,unsettled Rice,no money and no players in that suggest squad
improvement.

Count the full backs :lol:
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

improvement.

If he wants to win trophies don't you think he would prefer Chelsea or the blue side of Manchester ? And I have an impression of Rice that he's not somebody who would sign for a club if the move wasn't what he wanted. I don't think he would let the cklub steer him in a direction he didn't want to go just because there was a brown envelope in it for someone. Rio Ferdinand, Twitchy, Peter Ridsdale and Leeds --- anyone remember that ? :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:15 pm

improvement.

If he wants to win trophies don't you think he would prefer Chelsea or the blue side of Manchester ? And I have an impression of Rice that he's not somebody who would sign for a club if the move wasn't what he wanted. I don't think he would let the cklub steer him in a direction he didn't want to go just because there was a brown envelope in it for someone. Rio Ferdinand, Twitchy, Peter Ridsdale and Leeds --- anyone remember that ? :lol:
His personal preference is obviously Chelsea,because he joins his best pal and doesn't have to change location. Should he join any of the other three best teams in the Prem,the two Manchesters orLiverpool, I imagine with his inclusion, all of them would have a better chance of winning trophies.

All of these have the capacity to pay him £200k a week,if they so decide. Which of these would improve him most as a player ? Chelsea under Tuchel would school him better tactically, Man City would have him passing the ball quicker with emphasis on territorial gains. liverpool would knacker him out but improve fitness and endurance. Manchester United would just be happy to have in alongside Pogba and Fernandez, because OGS doesn't fuss
on that type of detail after agreeing great trolley loads of cash expenditures.

Would he be an automatic first team starter ?
Chelsea - maybe
Man City - probably
Liverpool - probably
Man U - Yes

That's just an opinion and my two cents...and that's all it's worth two cents...

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:54 pm

His personal preference is obviously Chelsea,because he joins his best pal and doesn't have to change location. Should he join any of the other three best teams in the Prem,the two Manchesters orLiverpool, I imagine with his inclusion, all of them would have a better chance of winning trophies.

All of these have the capacity to pay him £200k a week,if they so decide. Which of these would improve him most as a player ? Chelsea under Tuchel would school him better tactically, Man City would have him passing the ball quicker with emphasis on territorial gains. liverpool would knacker him out but improve fitness and endurance. Manchester United would just be happy to have in alongside Pogba and Fernandez, because OGS doesn't fuss

Chelsea - maybe
Man City - probably
Liverpool - probably
Man U - Yes

That's just an opinion and my two cents...and that's all it's worth two cents...
I think Pogba will be off so I expect he'd definitely start for the Mancs, but with them having forked out for Sancho and likely to get Varane I doubt they'd be serious about getting him, which is a shame as a bidding war would help us.

But the plastics are by far his preferred choice.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Chelsea - maybe
Man City - probably
Liverpool - probably
Man U - Yes

Thanks Kent Brockman ;)

Think you've got it about right except that I think even Chelsea, who are already well served in the DM department, wouldn't shell out for anyone just to play a bit part. I would imagine Kovacic would be off if Rice were to turn up there. City ? He would be the obvious replacement for Fernandinho and of course you are spot on that he would be a shoe in at Old Trafford.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:05 pm

Chelsea - maybe
Man City - probably
Liverpool - probably
Man U - Yes

I think Pogba will be off so I expect he'd definitely start for the Mancs, but with them having forked out for Sancho and likely to get Varane I doubt they'd be serious about getting him, which is a shame as a bidding war would help us.

But the plastics are by far his preferred choice.
Yup the old blue flag...what's worse, being ordered about by someone from Glasgow or Germany - it's rhetorical,no need to reply

hd1

Post by hd1 »

palerider wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:32 am
Today's friendly at Celtic is likely to be delayed as the team are still hitch-hiking to save the scumbags the air fare.
Well they clearly got there fresh as a daisy :lol:

Towie

Post by Towie »

Such a triumphant win over the giants of Scottish football surely means we don’t need to strengthen.

Well that will be what Board will be saying to Moyes tonight. :lol:
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.