Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
BillyDWhizz

Re: Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Post by BillyDWhizz »

palerider wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:46 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:35 pm I suppose we could always fluff the squad out a bit by signing a couple of free agents. Loris Benito a 29 year old swiss LB and Daniel Sturridge who's now free to play again after his ban are the only two that marginally stick out on a pretty inconspicuous list that includes wor Andy.
Diafra Sakho.

Unfinished business.

:lol:
Sadly Sakho signed for AS Arta/Solar7 in Djibouti quite recently. A top 2 of Andy Carroll and Demba Ba wouldn't be impossible though... :lol:
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Look at it this way, last season we had a terrific starting XI and a squad with many piecec missing. Now I´d say we´re one striker away from a great, borderline terrific squad.

I'm very happy where were at at this point.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:15 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:45 am

Isn't Johnson the obvious cover for Cresswell ?
He would have to be now , but I don't see him as the ideal cover being right footed , anyway isn't he cover for Coufal ? .
My mention of Fornals was he covers Cresswell defensively during the game , what would be ideal would be to have a LB who is better all round rather then one who is only on the pitch because of his ability to put in a decent cross .
Fredericks would be the usual Coufal replacement I'm guessing. We've now got some sort of cover for most positions , apart from the obvious void should Antonio fall victim to his normal injury problems. Assuming Zouma comes straight into the side we have a shadow squad which would look something like :
Areola; Fredericks, Diop, Dawson, Johnson; Kral, Noble: Lanzini, Vlasic, Yarmolenko; A.N Other. And Masuaku , possibly even Winston Reid (almost forgot about him) can also be considered as League/ F A Cup material I would guess.

Perhaps the redoubtable Winston could carve a new role, in the twilight of his career, as a Carroll type lump masquerading as a striker.. After all he's got the credentials. Can head a ball, decent when coming back to help out in defence and prone to lengthy lay offs caused by an assortment of exotic ailments. ;)

And of course talking of the aforementioned Carroll he is now a free agent I believe. Which means he can be signed up by any club outside of any transfer window because no transfer is involved. We wouldn't dare, would we ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

He would have to be now , but I don't see him as the ideal cover being right footed , anyway isn't he cover for Coufal ? .
My mention of Fornals was he covers Cresswell defensively during the game , what would be ideal would be to have a LB who is better all round rather then one who is only on the pitch because of his ability to put in a decent cross .
Yes I see Johnson as a cover for either as he is just as good on either side. He played LB against City on his debut if I recall and had an excellent game in a very narrow 0-1 defeat

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:46 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:35 pm I suppose we could always fluff the squad out a bit by signing a couple of free agents. Loris Benito a 29 year old swiss LB and Daniel Sturridge who's now free to play again after his ban are the only two that marginally stick out on a pretty inconspicuous list that includes wor Andy.
Diafra Sakho.

Unfinished business.

:lol:
Fucking loony

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Thank you Clay !
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:53 pm

Fredericks would be the usual Coufal replacement I'm guessing. We've now got some sort of cover for most positions , apart from the obvious void should Antonio fall victim to his normal injury problems. Assuming Zouma comes straight into the side we have a shadow squad which would look something like :
Areola; Fredericks, Diop, Dawson, Johnson; Kral, Noble: Lanzini, Vlasic, Yarmolenko; A.N Other. And Masuaku , possibly even Winston Reid (almost forgot about him) can also be considered as League/ F A Cup material I would guess.

Perhaps the redoubtable Winston could carve a new role, in the twilight of his career, as a Carroll type lump masquerading as a striker.. After all he's got the credentials. Can head a ball, decent when coming back to help out in defence and prone to lengthy lay offs caused by an assortment of exotic ailments. ;)

And of course talking of the aforementioned Carroll he is now a free agent I believe. Which means he can be signed up by any club outside of any transfer window because no transfer is involved. We wouldn't dare, would we ?
Areola should our Number One.

Been very disappointed with Fabianski in the opening 3 games.

JayK

Post by JayK »

COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

That Cunts changed his tune .

In January he was happy with his squad
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK