Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Post by Newmarket »

Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

We’d still offer £2.50 and a bunch of grapes but £6mil is nearer our budget
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:07 pm
If he’s half the player his grandad was it’ll be the best £6m Sullivan ever spent .
And I mean that :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:15 pm
JayK wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:07 pm

If he’s half the player his grandad was it’ll be the best £6m Sullivan ever spent .
And I mean that :lol:
Oh yeah. Google is a wonderful tool :D
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

Been sent this….
Attachments
F898A054-F2E6-4588-A690-29070D04516E.jpeg
F898A054-F2E6-4588-A690-29070D04516E.jpeg (122.32 KiB) Viewed 692 times
COYI!!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

West Ham have reportedly lined up Nikola Milenkovic as a possible alternative to Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma ( big surprise ) , fuck me how long does a manager take to find and then decide on who he wants at a club . Kurt Zouma is a major acquisition for us more than likely valued by Chelsea in excess of £35m , way outside our budget constraints . Our owners need to give Moyes the finances required , not sure what happened to the cash he put in the piggy bank in the winter but the owners need to add to it pronto , GSB must have made promises when Moyes signed his new contract so they need to cough up or fuck off :shock: .
For a start we need at least 4 more players in to join the starting eleven to build on the progression made last season , that's a CB - LB - AM and a striker these are all a priority , then we need to start looking at a backup CM , a Wing/FW and maybe even a RB .
These positions are a worry now as Balbuena has left , Lingard returned to MU , and we do not have a striker . We even have a few players who tend to pick up the odd injury 😲 , Antonio ( our only striker ) - Lanzini - Cresswell - Masuaku - Fredericks and Fabianski all who could be starters depending on the formation used .
I suppose we could get away with not bringing in a LB but it would require us to rely on a not so rapid 31 year old Cresswell who tends to pick up the odd injury , Masuaku who cannot defend ( and who has just returned from knee surgery ) and Johnson who has heaps of potential but is a RB and right footed ( so not ideal ) .
No matter how hard the present players work and push themselves ( and they did last season ) I feel the results will not be the same this coming season especially with the extra European games , if anything I see a disaster looming on the home front without investment .

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Tammy Abraham don't want to move to West Ham as he preferred Arsenal. Moyes and Sullivan should move on and get the Czech striker Sima or Hlosek and stop time wasting spending weeks to get Abraham.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:53 am West Ham have reportedly lined up Nikola Milenkovic as a possible alternative to Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma ( big surprise ) , fuck me how long does a manager take to find and then decide on who he wants at a club . Kurt Zouma is a major acquisition for us more than likely valued by Chelsea in excess of £35m , way outside our budget constraints . Our owners need to give Moyes the finances required , not sure what happened to the cash he put in the piggy bank in the winter but the owners need to add to it pronto , GSB must have made promises when Moyes signed his new contract so they need to cough up or fuck off :shock: .
For a start we need at least 4 more players in to join the starting eleven to build on the progression made last season , that's a CB - LB - AM and a striker these are all a priority , then we need to start looking at a backup CM , a Wing/FW and maybe even a RB .
These positions are a worry now as Balbuena has left , Lingard returned to MU , and we do not have a striker . We even have a few players who tend to pick up the odd injury 😲 , Antonio ( our only striker ) - Lanzini - Cresswell - Masuaku - Fredericks and Fabianski all who could be starters depending on the formation used .
I suppose we could get away with not bringing in a LB but it would require us to rely on a not so rapid 31 year old Cresswell who tends to pick up the odd injury , Masuaku who cannot defend ( and who has just returned from knee surgery ) and Johnson who has heaps of potential but is a RB and right footed ( so not ideal ) .
No matter how hard the present players work and push themselves ( and they did last season ) I feel the results will not be the same this coming season especially with the extra European games , if anything I see a disaster looming on the home front without investment .
All the rumours are an illusion.

Statler and Waldorf are doing as little as possible to maintain a PL place with minimum expense. They couldn't give a flying fuck about doing well in Europe. Tawdry shyster filth.

IF Rice stays it will be because they won't get an offer above 60m. If they do he's off. And how much of that will go to the squad ? Not the full amount for sure as they've lost income due to covid and it has to be repaid. If he doesn't go they've got fuck all to spend because they won't spend their own money.

You'll see some more loans on deadline day, possibly a couple of free transfers.

Zouma, Pereira, another striker that they'd have to pay decent wedge for ?

Smokescreen.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Guess what Tammy doesn’t want West Ham move surprise , surprise , it's not like we were going to come up with the readies to bring him to the club even if we had got a decent deal for him even £35m is on the cheap side for him .

Tammy Abraham does not want a move to West Ham and has his eyes set on a move to Arsenal according to a report by @EXWHUEmployee .
EX adds that if it does get to the end of the transfer window with Chelsea signing someone while Arsenal hasn’t made a move he may be tempted to think again for the sake of his career.

Chelsea are said to have now dropped their demands to £30m, initially, the West London side wanted £40m, a valuation which David Moyes said made the chance of a deal, a non-starter.

Abraham earns around £80,000 a week at Chelsea but his agent reportedly says he wants £140,000 per week in personal terms to move to a new club.

Those wage demands would be difficult for the Hammers to accept without a domino effect amongst West Ham other earners some of which are claimed to have parity clauses inserted in their contracts.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:58 am Tammy Abraham don't want to move to West Ham as he preferred Arsenal. Moyes and Sullivan should move on and get the Czech striker Sima or Hlosek and stop time wasting spending weeks to get Abraham.
We should go get both Abdallah and Adam , both have great potential and like Soucek/Coufal they both performed well in their respective teams in the Czech Republic .