Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:42 pm Zouma ? No idea if we’ll land him or not. But if we do what’s the issue? Good enough to have played nearly 100 games for the European Champions. So would he improve the squad? Of course he bloody well would.
Chelsea want rid and he wants to stay in London.

We'll sign him for an undisclosed fee at the end of the window.

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:36 pm
Newmarket wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:58 pm

Gonz is in the unenviable position at the moment , and forever more probably, of having to come up with content whilst holding the good stuff back for the patrons that pay the bills .
By the way what IS Moyes up to ?
Well first out the gate there are some jokes about Zouma (his name) from various BTL contributors. Hilarious perhaps, if you watched the first video which I didn't. Then an introduction to purchase a polo shirt as modeled by himself (the Gonz), probably good if that's your bag.

On the specifics of Moyes and his plans, apparently he (Moyes) likes a player who has not quite fullfilled his potential at their current club. eg) Lingard,Phil Jones,Kurt Zouma. And he likes to make his deals on the last day of trading just before the deadline expires.

No mention of dithering but you can make your own mind up. So players that nobody else much fancies at the last minute you might be thinking. Which crossed my mind too.

So are we fucked ? well I suppose it depends, if that ends nicely or not...

and ending nicely means:

Competent CB
Replacing Lingard with Lingard/Pereira
A forward worthy of wearing the No 9 shirt for goodness sake
ANO x2 loans
So the Messiah likes to wait until the last minute until pouncing. Like a big cat stalking a wildebeest in the Serengeti.

I reckon in this case the wildebeests in question, the Pereiras etc, ones with some of meat on the bones, have long departed to other watering holes and Moyes will look a bit of a cunt after being left with the old and infirm ones who won't be able to do a runner.

rhodesiron

Post by rhodesiron »

Villa about to accept Citeh bid for Grealish. Looks like we may have to pull our finger out if we want Pereira!!
The liver is evil & must be punished

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

rhodesiron wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:06 am Villa about to accept Citeh bid for Grealish. Looks like we may have to pull our finger out if we want Pereira!!
You would think - the boss is still awaiting the answer to his proposal of marriage to the big Jesse...

Of course tings have not really got going yet because the anticipated 'big' transfers have not yet happened.
Kane
Grealish
Rice
Haaland
Lukaku

Once some of these progress then other stuff gets done and then more stuff follows on.

Take example of Declan Rice.If he moves to Man U then Lingard moves the other way. If he moves to Chelsea then Abraham moves the other way. This probably only happens if Chelsea have already signed Lukaku or Haarland.

Except of course Man City probably want Haarland because they have seen (at the euros) what happens if you pair Kane with Sterling. However if you pair Kane with Grealish then bobs your uncle.

So maybe that's exactly how it will play out...ish

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:51 am
rhodesiron wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:06 am Villa about to accept Citeh bid for Grealish. Looks like we may have to pull our finger out if we want Pereira!!
You would think - the boss is still awaiting the answer to his proposal of marriage to the big Jesse...

Of course tings have not really got going yet because the anticipated 'big' transfers have not yet happened.
Kane
Grealish
Rice
Haaland
Lukaku

Once some of these progress then other stuff gets done and then more stuff follows on.

Take example of Declan Rice.If he moves to Man U then Lingard moves the other way. If he moves to Chelsea then Abraham moves the other way. This probably only happens if Chelsea have already signed Lukaku or Haarland.

Except of course Man City probably want Haarland because they have seen (at the euros) what happens if you pair Kane with Sterling. However if you pair Kane with Grealish then bobs your uncle.

Who knows but this business of leaving things until 5 minutes before the end of the window is madness. It leaves you no room for maneouvre if your target changes his mind at the death once he's talked to the dwarf and thought 'do I REALLY want to play for this little toe rag ?'

IF there's money then just get the fucking deals done. But I still reckon talk of anyone better than Martin Braithwaite, no offence to him, is dependent on Declan going.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:54 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:51 am

Kane
Grealish
Rice
Haaland
Lukaku

Who knows but this business of leaving things until 5 minutes before the end of the window is madness. It leaves you no room for maneouvre if your target changes his mind at the death once he's talked to the dwarf and thought 'do I REALLY want to play for this little toe rag ?'

IF there's money then just get the fucking deals done. But I still reckon talk of anyone better than Martin Braithwaite, no offence to him, is dependent on Declan going.
No advantage till leaving anything to the last minute . But why do we think Moyes prefers doing so? Don’t seem to remember Coufal, Soucek, Bowen being last minute panic buys tbh.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:02 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:42 pm Zouma ? No idea if we’ll land him or not. But if we do what’s the issue? Good enough to have played nearly 100 games for the European Champions. So would he improve the squad? Of course he bloody well would.
Let’s just say he was a solid member of Fat Franks defence .
Not so much Tuchel’s .

And relegated with Stoke .

Solid competition for Dawson I’d suggest.
He wouldn’t be my first choice , mainly because of the price but imo he’s a very decent player who would improve the squad. Relegated with Stoke ? Trevor Brooking was relegated once or twice with us. I never realised that made him a poor player until now ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:42 am

Not so much Tuchel’s .

He wouldn’t be my first choice , mainly because of the price but imo he’s a very decent player who would improve the squad. Relegated with Stoke ? Trevor Brooking was relegated once or twice with us. I never realised that made him a poor player until now ;)
Indeed, relegation didn’t seem to hold back Cole, Carrick, Johnson & Defoe’s careers.

As for Zouma he is a step up on Dawson imo.

Arellano
Pereira
Zouma
Abrahams

Would be a very good transfer window, just missing another DM, but looks like Coventry might be more involved which if the reports from preseason anything to go by, we shouldn’t be worried.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Really do not think we have the money for Zouma , and anyway I think their are better options for us out there at a reasonable price , players like Boubakar ( Kiki ) Kouyate of Metz a terrific young player .

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:42 am

Not so much Tuchel’s .

Ridicule is nothing to be scared of...I meant relegation. And it's not the squad that needs improving, it's the first XI.

The Gonz has suggested that West Ham have tabled a £50M bid for both Tammy Abraham and Kurt Zouma. This came to him in a vision, after an evening of beers in Dorset, whilst away camping with the family and chatting with an Everton supporter

Everybody is spending the Declan money before the lad has even had a medical.