Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Watcher

Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Post by Watcher »

Here´s a few who we have been linked with...

Goalkeeper: Alphonse Areola, Sam Johnstone, Lukasz Skorupski, Thomas Strakosha

Defence: James Tarkowski, Nikola Maksimovic, Attila Szalai, Joachim Andersen, Ali Camara

Midfield: Alex Král, Corentin Tolisso, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Yangel Herrera

Attack: Youssef El Nesyri, Tammy Abraham, Adam Hlozek, Abdallah Sima, Chris Wood, Ivan Toney, Odsonne Edouard, Marko Arnautović

Personally I would sell Randolph, Balbuena, Fredericks, Lanzini, Anderson and Yarmolenko

Sign Lingard!

I would fight off any attempts from other clubs to sign Rice and Soucek

We might be able to get Areola on loan with an option to buy, that would be a good solution to focus the current transfer fees we have for other positions

Burnley demanded 40 million for Tarkowski and he is not worth that so we will probably go for other targets unless he demands a transfer? He would get alot more paid here than at Burnley.

Alex Kral would be an immense signing and would be my choice out of those 3 options above with the second option Corentin Tolisso, then Yangel Herrera and after that Maitland Niles, he is actually a handy player to have in a squad due to his versatility.

Upfront we need 2 players. Hlozek and Abraham would be immense but probably too expensive but if Arnautovic would come in to compete for a spot in the first eleven rather than being an automatic starter than I wouldn´t be against getting him back as the one of the two.

Nesyri, Hlozek, Sima, Toney and Edouard are all very good options

It´s gonna be an interesting summer that´s for sure
Last edited by Watcher on Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Pipe smurf

Re: What positions do we need to fill in the summer? Who to get rid off? Who do you want signed?

Post by Pipe smurf »

I trust this seasons London number 1 to be our main keeper next season, so we don´t have to spend anything at all in the goal.

The defence has been our main issue this season so to begin to concentrate on that would be best imo

A proper centre defender and a left back who can play in a back 4 are crucial

Increase the depth in centre midfield is very important too, Rice and Soucek wont play every game and they need competition and back up. Would also give us the option to play 3 proper centre midfielders when we are ahead and need to keep the sheet clean...

Upfront we have a injury prone Antonio and Bowen is looking good but is a inside forward so we definitely need 2 strikers, 1 main and the other as the backup/competition

So it´s 6 signings we need. CB, LB, CM, 2 strikers and Lingard

I agree completely about the outs

I put my trust in the Moyesiah in finding the right players (if Sullivan gives him complete control that is)

palerider

Re: What positions do we need to fill in the summer? Who to get rid off? Who do you want signed?

Post by palerider »

Covid has badly hit the finances of all clubs. There'll have to be creative deals done if the 'big' players move. And the money being bandied about is laughable.

So unless, God forbid, we sell Rice, where are West Ham going to raise the funds ? All very well selling the players mentioned but first you need a buyer. Who the fuck would pay more than a pony for Anderson ?

So assuming Rice stays, forget about the six players we really need unless we get free transfers or loans. We need a striker. I don't agree with Gonzo who says Tammy Abraham is the man. 40m ? No chance if we have to pay near that to get Lingard. I've seen a swap deal with Brentford mooted involving Benny and Ivan Toney. That is a possibility. If the dwarf CAN raise enough to get Jesse as well then that would be marvellous.

But very little else. Although we need it.

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

We need depth - if we qualify for Europe we need 7 or 8.

Keeper: Time for a change if decent out of contract can be bought in to compete. Sell Randolph for a bag of grapes and time for Trott to stand up

Defense: A left back. One that can actually play left back.
A centre back. Dawson was was good but form is temporary. There will be players out there. Fofana will be a beast for Leicester

Midfield: Lundstrum (free) and Bisouma in

Strikers: Lingard, Abraham and Toney.

Funded by the sale of Rice because its either that or another mortgage to our lovely owners at loanshark rates.

Couple of cheeky loans living off the back of the success of Lingard.... perhaps.

Of the players going down...... nah... maybe Lookman or Anderson at Fulham but they are both on loan. Don't see the hype with the West Brom keeper myself

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Watcher wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:20 pm
Personally I would sell Randolph, Balbuena, Fredericks, Lanzini, Anderson and Yarmolenko
I wouldn't sell Randolph before knowing who the replacement was first.

Balbuena. Not bothered either way, but would keep him as it stands now.

I've been impressed by Fredericks going forward. Not solid enough defensively to play fb, but good enough to play on the flank and support Coufal when needed.

Lanzini. Meh. I'm a bit over him. One cracker against Spurs, not much more.

Bloody Anderson - what a wage thief he turned out to be. How does he look at himself in the mirror each morning? Probably with a smug grin.

I'm not off Yarmolenko yet. Happy for him to warm the bench. Hopefully he'll have some desire to push for a starting spot, but I won't hold my breath.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Pipe smurf wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:15 pm
So it´s 6 signings we need. CB, LB, CM, 2 strikers and Lingard
I've been impressed with Cresswell this season. Most have been calling for his head for the last few years, but I'm not sure why. He's pretty consistent and reliable.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Everyone knows the squad is pretty threadbare but tbh I don't see too many players arriving in the summer unless we can pick up a few bargains like Coufal & Soucek from places like the Czech league.

One thing I find a bit scary is how low our matchday income is compared with, for example, Spurs. The figures for 2018/19 show our matchday revenue as £27 million compared with Spurs who generated £71 million. I know Spurs had extra matches because of their CL run that season but our attendances were, I think, slightly higher than Spurs so surely we should be able to generate an income stream closer to Spurs levels. I've no idea what Spurs ticket prices are in comparison to ours but surely that can't tell the whole story.

Our commercial income is also way behind them. About 1/3 in fact. Again sponsorship and so on with their European exposure is part of the reason but our £36 million compared with their £109 million kind of suggests we should be striking more lucrative partnership deals on the commercial side.

We're also well behind them on broadcasting income to the tune of £73 million. That is something we can't do a lot about unless by some miracle we can snatch a CL qualification place out of the fire but overall I would have hoped a club getting, when we were allowed crowds, around 60,000 every home game should be closer to it's nearest geographical rivals in turnover, shouldn't it ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:42 pm Everyone knows the squad is pretty threadbare but tbh I don't see too many players arriving in the summer unless we can pick up a few bargains like Coufal & Soucek from places like the Czech league.

One thing I find a bit scary is how low our matchday income is compared with, for example, Spurs. The figures for 2018/19 show our matchday revenue as £27 million compared with Spurs who generated £71 million. I know Spurs had extra matches because of their CL run that season but our attendances were, I think, slightly higher than Spurs so surely we should be able to generate an income stream closer to Spurs levels. I've no idea what Spurs ticket prices are in comparison to ours but surely that can't tell the whole story.

Our commercial income is also way behind them. About 1/3 in fact. Again sponsorship and so on with their European exposure is part of the reason but our £36 million compared with their £109 million kind of suggests we should be striking more lucrative partnership deals on the commercial side.

We're also well behind them on broadcasting income to the tune of £73 million. That is something we can't do a lot about unless by some miracle we can snatch a CL qualification place out of the fire but overall I would have hoped a club getting, when we were allowed crowds, around 60,000 every home game should be closer to it's nearest geographical rivals in turnover, shouldn't it ?
I think someone is telling porkies.....simple maths shows that the matchday ticket revenue quoted divided my PL games played at home, (19) . What is the average price of a ST....from highest priced to lowest....maybe 500 quid,......divided by 19 home games..works out about 26 quid per game........60000 supporters per home game....works out at 30 million...there or there abouts what you quoted...so Spurs are charging double for their tickets....is that correct?

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

Think we need to offload Benny boy...just dont see him making the grade...

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

If I was David Moyes, the in and out will be:

GK: Randolph OUT, Kovac IN
DC: Balbuena OUT, new defender IN (aged between 22 to 24)
RB: Fredericks OUT, New Right Back that was mention in C&H but forgotten his name) IN
DM: None is OUT but need 1 new DM to cover Soucek and Rice
AML: Anderson OUT, got Benrahma and Masuaku but could get new AML
AMC: Lanzini OUT., Lingard IN
SC: 2 strikers which one of them from Slavia Prague name beginning with H (one permanent and one on loan with a view to buy permanent due to very high cost of transfers)

All in All

OUT:

Randolph, Martin
Balbuena
Anderson
Lanzini
Possible Masuaku
Fredericks

That 7 in total or 6 if Moyes want to keep Masuaku.

IN

GK Kovac
New RB
New DC
New DM
New AMC
New AML/AMR
New Strikers x 2

That 9 players we needed IN to fiill in the gaps.

Moyes - MIND THE GAP please :lol: :lol:
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.