Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:38 pm Transfer rumours wait for no man and the Gonz is ahead of the curve or at least alongside it, in these two important updates.

Gonz is in the unenviable position at the moment , and forever more probably, of having to come up with content whilst holding the good stuff back for the patrons that pay the bills .
By the way what IS Moyes up to ?
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:07 pm
palerider wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:22 am

It seems we have a bit of a gem in this lad and I'm sure he'll play a part this season. With the obvious exception of Rice there's not been anyone as promising since the boy Dixon.
I don’t even remember Dixon
Terry Dixon. Now playing for Aylesbury.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:58 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:38 pm Transfer rumours wait for no man and the Gonz is ahead of the curve or at least alongside it, in these two important updates.

Gonz is in the unenviable position at the moment , and forever more probably, of having to come up with content whilst holding the good stuff back for the patrons that pay the bills .
I may have to restart the Google translations.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:05 pm

I don’t even remember Dixon
Terry Dixon. Now playing for Aylesbury.
:lol:
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:23 pm

He didn’t really set the world alight for me in the Euros. Not one I thought “yeah I’d love him at West Ham”
Played for Middlesbrough for 2 years and scored 8 goals. In the Championship. This is a Sullivan signing without a doubt as he's had doe eyes for Braithwaite for fucking years. £13M for a 30 year old goal shy player that may or may not be deployed as a "striker" is fucking madness.

Gokhan Tore levels of dogshit this bloke.
Both quality then
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Well first out the gate there are some jokes about Zouma (his name) from various BTL contributors. Hilarious perhaps, if you watched the first video which I didn't. Then an introduction to purchase a polo shirt as modeled by himself (the Gonz), probably good if that's your bag.

On the specifics of Moyes and his plans, apparently he (Moyes) likes a player who has not quite fullfilled his potential at their current club. eg) Lingard,Phil Jones,Kurt Zouma. And he likes to make his deals on the last day of trading just before the deadline expires.

No mention of dithering but you can make your own mind up. So players that nobody else much fancies at the last minute you might be thinking. Which crossed my mind too.

So are we fucked ? well I suppose it depends, if that ends nicely or not...

and ending nicely means:

Competent CB
Replacing Lingard with Lingard/Pereira
A forward worthy of wearing the No 9 shirt for goodness sake
ANO x2 loans

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:36 pm

Well first out the gate there are some jokes about Zouma (his name) from various BTL contributors. Hilarious perhaps, if you watched the first video which I didn't. Then an introduction to purchase a polo shirt as modeled by himself (the Gonz), probably good if that's your bag.

On the specifics of Moyes and his plans, apparently he (Moyes) likes a player who has not quite fullfilled his potential at their current club. eg) Lingard,Phil Jones,Kurt Zouma. And he likes to make his deals on the last day of trading just before the deadline expires.

No mention of dithering but you can make your own mind up. So players that nobody else much fancies at the last minute you might be thinking. Which crossed my mind too.

So are we fucked ? well I suppose it depends, if that ends nicely or not...

and ending nicely means:

Competent CB
Replacing Lingard with Lingard/Pereira
A forward worthy of wearing the No 9 shirt for goodness sake
ANO x2 loans
Well I’ll tell you what I think … between you and me ( I dare not piss on the Fuhrer’s chips ) I can see Moyes making even more decent proactive signings , ie not Zouma , on the old try before you buy , option to buy etc which will delight our pint sized benefactor of course.

Now all’s we’ll and good I hear you say ?

Until this time next year of course when all these loans with options have to be paid for .

And we have Hugh Southen trying to convince the fan base that Areola and co are new signings :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Zouma ? No idea if we’ll land him or not. But if we do what’s the issue? Good enough to have played nearly 100 games for the European Champions. So would he improve the squad? Of course he bloody well would.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:42 pm Zouma ? No idea if we’ll land him or not. But if we do what’s the issue? Good enough to have played nearly 100 games for the European Champions. So would he improve the squad? Of course he bloody well would.
Let’s just say he was a solid member of Fat Franks defence .
Not so much Tuchel’s .

And relegated with Stoke .

Solid competition for Dawson I’d suggest.
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:02 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:42 pm Zouma ? No idea if we’ll land him or not. But if we do what’s the issue? Good enough to have played nearly 100 games for the European Champions. So would he improve the squad? Of course he bloody well would.
Let’s just say he was a solid member of Fat Franks defence .
Not so much Tuchel’s .

And relegated with Stoke .

Solid competition for Dawson I’d suggest.
And Craig cost £2M whereas Chelsea value Zouma at £25M...and to be curt, he's a smidge overpriced