Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Personally I think Matt Grimes from Swansea would have been a decent punt.
But he's off to the mighty Fulham.

Oh well we tried :lol:
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

No need to panic....the window has only been open for 48 days....still 35 to go ...and the new season doesn't start for another 19 days......

The only small worry I have is that Haller was sold on Jan 8th and we " apparently" had funds to buy another striker.....that was 199 days ago..., :oops:

Surely in the 6 months that have passed a striker would of been identified and early negotiations could of taken place in order to bring him in and have a pre season with his new team mates....then I woke up...

It's plainly obvious that the negotiation team at West Ham is way beyond incompetent and targeted players do not want to join us.... because of the way we are run at the top.

Is it Sullivan who negotiates for the players on transfer fees and players contracts?
If the answer is yes we might well have a problem..... :lol: :lol:

We currently have a squad size of 24 players including 3 keepers, (average age of 35 ) 2 or 3 youngsters who have played enough 1st team games you can count them on one hand....10 of the squad are over 30....many are injury prone, Antonio, Frederick's, Cresswell,YARMOLENKO, Ogbonna, Reid, Flappy, Coventry to name a few, already 2 are out injured, and more will follow.

Maybe they are waiting for the Rice money to come in...., but that's not going to finance the players we need to IMPROVE the squad not just to fill it out....Yarmolenko will be gone, Reid is injured...Noble can't play week in week out.....the list goes on

So like I said no need to panic...we don't have our first game for another 2 1/2 weeks...and I'm sure the squad will be sufficiently strengthened by then...and then we will all wonder why we cunted the board off ...... ;) :lol:

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:38 pm Personally I think Matt Grimes from Swansea would have been a decent punt.
But he's off to the mighty Fulham.

Oh well we tried :lol:
Covid hit West London a tenth as much as how it plagued the East End my learned friend, that's why. And I should know. At the height of the pandemic I was drinking in the pubs in Putney with no mask and wearing just my mankini.

And with Gold and Sully going incognito and volunteering as cleaners in the Royal London hospital, then still finding time to drive Asda delivery lorries it's no wonder they can't do any transfer business.

And in another selfless act I see it's reported the interest in Pereira has waned and they're looking to take Oxlade-Chamberlain on loan. Which of course will keep the club physios employed at a time when job uncertainty is a huge worry.

They deserve knighthoods I say.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:49 pm
hd1 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:45 pm Anyone got a link to Moyes telling Hartson we have no money to spend?
I was under the impression that those two don't get along.

Anyway the "David Moyes will have zero transfer budget" story was pushed by C&H after being briefed by club sources. It's generate what you can from
out goings only.

https://www.claretandhugh.info/david-mo ... er-budget/
Weird, because if you believe everything that's peddled thrugh C&H they say we do have money https://www.claretandhugh.info/west-ham ... transfers/

JayK

Post by JayK »

hd1 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:22 am

Anyway the "David Moyes will have zero transfer budget" story was pushed by C&H after being briefed by club sources. It's generate what you can from
out goings only.

Weird, because if you believe everything that's peddled thrugh C&H they say we do have money https://www.claretandhugh.info/west-ham ... transfers/
Within 4 days they say we don’t and we do. That’s why they should be ignored and if they were a newspaper they wouldn’t be worth the chips it’s wrapped around. Click bait merchants
COYI!!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:04 am No need to panic....the window has only been open for 48 days....still 35 to go ...and the new season doesn't start for another 19 days......

The only small worry I have is that Haller was sold on Jan 8th and we " apparently" had funds to buy another striker.....that was 199 days ago..., :oops:

Surely in the 6 months that have passed a striker would of been identified and early negotiations could of taken place in order to bring him in and have a pre season with his new team mates....then I woke up...

It's plainly obvious that the negotiation team at West Ham is way beyond incompetent and targeted players do not want to join us.... because of the way we are run at the top.

Is it Sullivan who negotiates for the players on transfer fees and players contracts?
If the answer is yes we might well have a problem..... :lol: :lol:

We currently have a squad size of 24 players including 3 keepers, (average age of 35 ) 2 or 3 youngsters who have played enough 1st team games you can count them on one hand....10 of the squad are over 30....many are injury prone, Antonio, Frederick's, Cresswell,YARMOLENKO, Ogbonna, Reid, Flappy, Coventry to name a few, already 2 are out injured, and more will follow.

Maybe they are waiting for the Rice money to come in...., but that's not going to finance the players we need to IMPROVE the squad not just to fill it out....Yarmolenko will be gone, Reid is injured...Noble can't play week in week out.....the list goes on

So like I said no need to panic...we don't have our first game for another 2 1/2 weeks...and I'm sure the squad will be sufficiently strengthened by then...and then we will all wonder why we cunted the board off ...... ;) :lol:
But pointing this out doesn't make you appear to be a real claret & blue hammer my Brazilian mate , though there are some even on here who would agree with every word you have written .
I have to say I agree with every word . .

Towie

Post by Towie »

out goings only.

Indeed, can’t believe anything on those sites asI said C&H were the ones peddling the £85m budget start of window.

I don’t believe any transfer until I see them doing the crossed hammers sign on official website.

Latest rumour is oxlade-Chamberlain, could be Moyes new Lingard or a Sullivan’s Carroll. ;)
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Towie wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:45 am

Indeed, can’t believe anything on those sites asI said C&H were the ones peddling the £85m budget start of window.

I don’t believe any transfer until I see them doing the crossed hammers sign on official website.

Latest rumour is oxlade-Chamberlain, could be Moyes new Lingard or a Sullivan’s Carroll. ;)
Bit of both I would imagine. Seems a bit of a Moysie player but with Carroll’s injury record….or getting there anyway
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:56 am

Bit of both I would imagine. Seems a bit of a Moysie player but with Carroll’s injury record….or getting there anyway
Get them all in and we can take the best bits.

A little bit of Oxlade's what we need
A little bit of Carroll on some weed
A little bit of Wilshire for a song
A little bit of Phil Jones can't be wrong

Mambo Number 5 !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Fits the bill nicely. With his injury record he should keep the medical staff nicely occupied. :lol:

FFS these rumours are getting silly now.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?