Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Summer transfer window 2021 Thread

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:21 pm Areola a very capable keeper , ideal competition for Fabianski.

Now for a position we really need .

Like a left back that can defend .
1st time I see ya wanting one of these
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

I'll grudgingly concede that Areola is a good bit of business as Fabs is creaking at the seams but one signing does not mean that Statler and Waldorf have morphed into Leicester's owners overnight.

And I'm worried that they've 'entered talks' with the rent boys over Kurt Zouma, who's a good, solid centre back and would be an excellent signing. 20m is way short of what they value him however, so is it the opening salvo in the Declan leaving campaign ?

So for now they're still vermin shysters in my book and will remain so until we win the Champions League.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

It's a bit quiet on any striker links, sure Pereira and Zouma would be welcomed additions but we can't go into the season with only Antonio and Odubeko and relying on playing midfielders as strikers.

This season will most likely be harder than last and the overall quality on the teams of PL teams the difference between a top 6 team and a top 12 team can be decided by who has the most cover and which team has the least injuries.

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Keeper - great start

Need a CB (Balbuena gone, Ogbonna injured a lot these days and Dawson :? )
LB who can defend
Holding midfielder (cannot expect Soucek and Rice to play twice a week every week - need to rotate and not with the ocean liner)
Striker (at least 1)
Something special (to replace Lingard/Anderson)

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

thomasswe wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:06 am It's a bit quiet on any striker links, sure Pereira and Zouma would be welcomed additions but we can't go into the season with only Antonio and Odubeko and relying on playing midfielders as strikers.

This season will most likely be harder than last and the overall quality on the teams of PL teams the difference between a top 6 team and a top 12 team can be decided by who has the most cover and which team has the least injuries.
Still do understand why we were not in for Daka , he would have been ideal .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

only1salty wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:47 am Keeper - great start

LB who can defend
Holding midfielder (cannot expect Soucek and Rice to play twice a week every week - need to rotate and not with the ocean liner)
Striker (at least 1)
Got to say that is how I see it as well , though the CB - LB - AM and Striker have to be starters and the Holding Midfielder backup , do you have any in mind for the above positions ? .

JayK

Post by JayK »

Clayton wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:42 am
only1salty wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:47 am Keeper - great start

LB who can defend
Striker (at least 1)
Got to say that is how I see it as well , though the CB - LB - AM and Striker have to be starters and the Holding Midfielder backup , do you have any in mind for the above positions ? .
Connor Coventry might well be that back up. Apparently Moyes been impressed with him and he’s cheaper than buying someone
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:19 am
Clayton wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:42 am

Connor Coventry might well be that back up. Apparently Moyes been impressed with him and he’s cheaper than buying someone
It seems we have a bit of a gem in this lad and I'm sure he'll play a part this season. With the obvious exception of Rice there's not been anyone as promising since the boy Dixon.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

If this Zouma rumour is true, can anyone tell me why we are even interested. £20m for a defender we don't really need, who is bang average.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Braithwate rumour gaining momentum. Don't know much about him. Thoughts?