Man Utd protest

Chat about anything football related here!
tassiehammer

Re: Man Utd protest

Post by tassiehammer »

Towie wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:38 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:35 am
Different issues here. The Burnley game had customers who paid to gain admittance and were classified as club supporters.

The people who gate crashed into Old Trafford didn't pay and were classified as criminal elements. Not supporters. Therefore the club is not responsible
and no charges can be brought against it. Bit like a burgler breaking in. Your not held accountable for the crime.
Off course different circumstances, but their fans actions led to a game being postponed. Action needs to be taken just because of this.

When our fans accidentally launched bottles at the Man Utd bus we were all tarnished as rioters and Thugs.

Mancs storm a stadium, set of flares, threw bottles etc, and are hailed as guardians of football.
" Right then you lot, who accidentally lobbed that bottle through the bus window? Come on, own up. I realise it just slipped through your fingers but shouldn't it have hit the floor? You're a bunch of rascals you naughty boys" :D :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Taken from another site..Worth a read,

Well, well, well, better late than never I suppose, but at last one of the so called big six clubs supporters grow some.

And they're right to have done so.

Whilst I find much of Neville (G) 's lecturing stomach churning, undoubtedly he is the paid attack dog for his employers interests, he has at least fallen broadly speaking on the right side of the argument this time.

The general direction of travel of football has been wrong for a long time now, and let's take a few basic things in to account :

1. Ticket prices - Many supporters are being priced out of the game all over this country, not as a result of "market forces" but as a direct consequence of a deliberate attempt to prevent a certain "type" of supporter gaining entry.

2. Kick off times - Supporters being abused, subjected to huge inconvenience simply to accomodate armchair viewers......in China.

3. Clubs owners - we have seen a gradual, but constant shift, in the business model from wealthy local owners running a club at a breakeven basis to one where clubs are accessing corporate finance to build their "brand" based upon a debt fueled splurge on players, and onwards to the point now where those same clubs wish to start drawing huge swathes of cash out of those clubs by pulling up the drawbridge behind them and no longer having to compete. While at the same time still charging supporters fortunes to attend.

Sky's position on this is laughable, their product has killed the Scottish football system, and enslaved the English league system, or much of it, and they , more than any organisation need to review how they distribute their enormous funds. Their money has made the game uncompetitive for the past 28 years.

The fact it has taken a decade of Manchester United being "also rans" for their supporters to wake up shows how deep rooted some of these issues are.

European capital of trophies ? I remember them in division 2. As it used to be known.

Root and branch reform is required, and not just in this country : the next world cup is being played in the desert, mid season for us as a consequence, having been awarded the event by a highly corrupt global governing body. The sodding FBI raided them in the Blatter era, but what has really changed ?

FIFA, UEFA, the F.A., the P.L, all of them, incompetent, corrupt or both. I'm not convinced any of the people who run those organisations actually love the game as much as they love the money and power their elevated positions grants them, and that money comes from the likes of you and me.

Enough is enough indeed.

GSB OUT.

palerider

Post by palerider »

PL rule K14 states that clubs are responsible for the safety of players and officials. Penalties for failing to do so CAN result in a points deduction.

As much chance as me competing in the Olympic 90 metre Ski-jump for Tunisia.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:32 pm PL rule K14 states that clubs are responsible for the safety of players and officials. Penalties for failing to do so CAN result in a points deduction.

I was approached one time by the Iranians to compete in the games, but decided against it when they asked if I wouldn't mind having 200lbs of Semtex strapped to me on the way down.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Towie

Post by Towie »

tassiehammer wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:02 am
Towie wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:38 am

Off course different circumstances, but their fans actions led to a game being postponed. Action needs to be taken just because of this.

When our fans accidentally launched bottles at the Man Utd bus we were all tarnished as rioters and Thugs.

Mancs storm a stadium, set of flares, threw bottles etc, and are hailed as guardians of football.
" Right then you lot, who accidentally lobbed that bottle through the bus window? Come on, own up. I realise it just slipped through your fingers but shouldn't it have hit the floor? You're a bunch of rascals you naughty boys" :D :D
;)
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Reckon the two cunts arseholes might be fucking twitching.
Time to up the ante

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:59 pm Reckon the two cunts arseholes might be fucking twitching.
Time to up the ante
Indeed . The time is fast approaching where HAmmers United’s “ due to Covid protocol...” stance has to change .
Bring back Jonathon !

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

They went way to far and it is fair to say that there will be arrests....
Flairon

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:05 pm
palerider wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:32 pm PL rule K14 states that clubs are responsible for the safety of players and officials. Penalties for failing to do so CAN result in a points deduction.

I was approached one time by the Iranians to compete in the games, but decided against it when they asked if I wouldn't mind having 200lbs of Semtex strapped to me on the way down.
I think they nobbled Eddie the Eagle too.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

palerider wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:31 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:05 pm

I think they nobbled Eddie the Eagle too.
So we were robbed of the chance to witness Pale the Pelican in full flight...maybe a once in a lifetime occurrence.....