Punishment ?...

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: Punishment ?...

Post by Brookbonds73 »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:02 pm
Rick_Deckard wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:35 pm Slap on the wrist at most....just over £2million per club...peanuts in the scale of things

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/footbal ... d=BingNews
£2 million per team,what an insult.

Should have been a year ban each,when the team qualified(whether next year or 10 years time).

Aren't Man U getting punished for the postponement of their game with Liverpool or are they getting off scot free?
Probably.
One rule for one n all that.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:03 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:02 pm

£2 million per team,what an insult.

Should have been a year ban each,when the team qualified(whether next year or 10 years time).

Aren't Man U getting punished for the postponement of their game with Liverpool or are they getting off scot free?
Probably.
Can you imagine if it would have been us?

Luton got deducted 30 points for paying agents via a third Party. and end up in Non League Football.The big 6 resign from a competition and start a new one,but are let straight back in without a blink and given a peanuts fine..What a joke!

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Anyone who thought there would be big penalisation for these clubs is a mug.

Money talks and that's all there is
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:44 pm Anyone who thought there would be big penalisation for these clubs is a mug.

I’m a mug.

With the big clubs backs to the wall, I thought that the governing body were in prime position to make a statement.

My ex can add that to the list of yet another thing I was wrong about.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:13 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:44 pm Anyone who thought there would be big penalisation for these clubs is a mug.

I’m a mug.

With the big clubs backs to the wall, I thought that the governing body were in prime position to make a statement.

My ex can add that to the list of yet another thing I was wrong about.
This was all about positioning for power, ignoring 2 of the clubs who were clearly thinking they would be in a stronger position than they actually are, the rest will end up better than they are in terms of rewards from the Champions League funding.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:12 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:03 pm

Probably.

Luton got deducted 30 points for paying agents via a third Party. and end up in Non League Football.The big 6 resign from a competition and start a new one,but are let straight back in without a blink and given a peanuts fine..What a joke!
This isn't a new thing Tel, it's been favouritism for many a year. Look at what goes on, on the pitch. When's the last time you saw a penalty given against the home side at old Trafford, Anfield? You'll see plenty given the other way round. Those two might win a game 4 or 5 nil, but at a crucial time say 0-0 or even 1-0 in the game, they were helped out by a dodgy call. It's the same at board level, you scratch our backs and we'll do the rest, it's all crooked.
That's why I like Man City winning things, they know what it's like to hit rock bottom. And truth be told the owner could probably buy uefa if he wanted to! His love for the game is what makes him so popular and he's put so much back in to that club that no amount of skulldugery can stop his team winning things on the pitch. They tried everything to stop Leicester winning it a few years back and that backfired badly.
The yanks are solely interested in making money, Man Utd are no where near what they were, Liverpool, one season wonders, Arsenal, a complete shambles, all run by greed driven yanks. But like as already been said, if people were expecting hefty fines, points deductions, or even demotions, they were barking up the wrong tree. Far too much money involved and Asia's a very big market.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:16 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:12 pm

This isn't a new thing Tel, it's been favouritism for many a year. Look at what goes on, on the pitch. When's the last time you saw a penalty given against the home side at old Trafford, Anfield? You'll see plenty given the other way round. Those two might win a game 4 or 5 nil, but at a crucial time say 0-0 or even 1-0 in the game, they were helped out by a dodgy call. It's the same at board level, you scratch our backs and we'll do the rest, it's all crooked.
That's why I like Man City winning things, they know what it's like to hit rock bottom. And truth be told the owner could probably buy uefa if he wanted to! His love for the game is what makes him so popular and he's put so much back in to that club that no amount of skulldugery can stop his team winning things on the pitch. They tried everything to stop Leicester winning it a few years back and that backfired badly.
The yanks are solely interested in making money, Man Utd are no where near what they were, Liverpool, one season wonders, Arsenal, a complete shambles, all run by greed driven yanks. But like as already been said, if people were expecting hefty fines, points deductions, or even demotions, they were barking up the wrong tree. Far too much money involved and Asia's a very big market.
Yeah,Fernandes has been at Man U 15 months and scored 21 penalties..Think we have had 2 in that time.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:44 pm “The measures announced are significant, but none of the financial penalties will be retained by Uefa. They will all be reinvested into youth and grassroots football in local communities across Europe, including the UK."

Significant in what way ?....
They claim they'll keep zilch !...hmmmm 🤔
Probably the same as most charities these days. Won't keep any of the money but have to take out expenses first. In this case say about 98%. But then theres more expenses incured in divvying up the remaining 2%. Then its time for the CEO to trade in his top of the range mercedes. Might be about 2 bob legally left.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............