Scenario...

Chat about anything football related here!
hamstew

Scenario...

Post by hamstew »

Now of course there is technically still a chance of catching Chelsea for 4th spot, albeit a very slim chance and in all honesty they could even finish above Man Utd in second! But they still have a couple of tough fixtures nonetheless.

However I fancy our chances of catching Leicester for the 4th spot, maybe even 3rd, who knows!! But more than likely 4th.

BUT imagine this scenario, assuming we are still just behind Leicester by a point or two and we both go into our last game of the season needing a win to secure a top 4 finish whether that'll be in 3rd or 4th but for arguments sake and the most probable, let's just say its only 4th up for grabs (can't be greedy) so we would need to beat Southampton at home and out of all the teams we would want Spurs to do us a massive favour and beat Leicester, providing Spurs and the red scouse are behind us still, now, how about that for a scenario? :o

palerider

Re: Scenario...

Post by palerider »

hamstew wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:30 pm Now of course there is technically still a chance of catching Chelsea for 4th spot, albeit a very slim chance and in all honesty they could even finish above Man Utd in second! But they still have a couple of tough fixtures nonetheless.

However I fancy our chances of catching Leicester for the 4th spot, maybe even 3rd, who knows!! But more than likely 4th.

BUT imagine this scenario, assuming we are still just behind Leicester by a point or two and we both go into our last game of the season needing a win to secure a top 4 finish whether that'll be in 3rd or 4th but for arguments sake and the most probable, let's just say its only 4th up for grabs (can't be greedy) so we would need to beat Southampton at home and out of all the teams we would want Spurs to do us a massive favour and beat Leicester, providing Spurs and the red scouse are behind us still, now, how about that for a scenario? :o
Only in passing have you mentioned Liverpool.

It's in our own hands to finish above them but they have tonight's game (still 0-0), West Brom. Burnley and Palace. The postponed Manure game will possibly see United field a weakened team.

They are the problem.

hamstew

Post by hamstew »

palerider wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:34 pm
hamstew wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:30 pm Now of course there is technically still a chance of catching Chelsea for 4th spot, albeit a very slim chance and in all honesty they could even finish above Man Utd in second! But they still have a couple of tough fixtures nonetheless.

It's in our own hands to finish above them but they have tonight's game (still 0-0), West Brom. Burnley and Palace. The postponed Manure game will possibly see United field a weakened team.

They are the problem.
Well, I did say providing we stay ahead of them and Spurs in that ideal scenario, meaning we won our next three and they dropped a few points in their's so they couldn't catch us and it goes down to the last game with either us or Leicester needing to win. Or have I missed the point somewhere? I probably have :?:

palerider

Post by palerider »

hamstew wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:55 pm
palerider wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:34 pm

They are the problem.
Well, I did say providing we stay ahead of them and Spurs in that ideal scenario, meaning we won our next three and they dropped a few points in their's so they couldn't catch us and it goes down to the last game with either us or Leicester needing to win. Or have I missed the point somewhere? I probably have :?:
Last game scenario with us needing to beat Southampton. And not.

So West Ham.

;)

palerider

Post by palerider »

Jasmine the mystic cat has us to finish 5th.

hamstew

Post by hamstew »

palerider wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:59 pm Jasmine the mystic cat has us to finish 5th.
Well, if that is the case, you can tell Jasmine to kindly fuck off :D

JayK

Post by JayK »

hamstew wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:07 pm
palerider wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:59 pm Jasmine the mystic cat has us to finish 5th.
Well, if that is the case, you can tell Jasmine to kindly fuck off :D
:lol: :lol:
COYI!!!

hamstew

Post by hamstew »

I think we'll be lucky to finish 6th at this rate, let alone 5th!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

hamstew wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:25 pm I think we'll be lucky to finish 6th at this rate, let alone 5th!
A pity , but I think we’ve run out of gas coming up to the finish. Only 2 Europa places plus one in the Conference thing. Spurs win their game tomorrow and we drop to 7th, which is uefa conference. And if we slip up in the final 2 games Everton, Arsenal & Leeds could all overtake us.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:32 pm
hamstew wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:25 pm I think we'll be lucky to finish 6th at this rate, let alone 5th!
A pity , but I think we’ve run out of gas coming up to the finish. Only 2 Europa places plus one in the Conference thing. Spurs win their game tomorrow and we drop to 7th, which is uefa conference. And if we slip up in the final 2 games Everton, Arsenal & Leeds could all overtake us.
I don't think its a foregone conclusion that the scum will beat Wolves and their next two games r vs Villa and Lester, neither of which will be easy.