Utd

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Utd

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:32 am
Newmarket wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:22 am

Well I was absolutely livid that we didn’t relegate Villa at the end of last season .
And I’m also livid at the way that circumstances seem to have fell the way of LiVARpool (and Chelsea to a lesser extent) again , as they always seem to.

I’m livid at Moyes for his cowardly team tactics against the BIG 5 and for his approach to the Brighton game.

My utter contempt for the constant lack of ambition shown by the club is unwavering.

But . On this occasion Whiskyman is pretty much correct on this .

It’s our own fault . I don’t expect us to see out these 3 remaining games successfully, this is West Ham ffs , but then I never thought we would .
Nigh on 50 years of West Ham is responsible for that .

It’s just a bit galling the way circumstances this week have helped our season finish with a bit of a whimper .

And since it’s Brighton at the weekend I expect the white flag to be raised shortly afterwards.
On this occasion !!!

I do hope you're not suggesting I am sometimes----WRONG. :o
I’m saying that on this occasion I agree with you .

I’m just gutted that (in hindsight obviously) mistakes were made that most of us predicted beforehand.

I fully expect a replay of the 2016 scenario that Salty mentioned above.
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:46 am

On this occasion !!!

I’m just gutted that (in hindsight obviously) mistakes were made that most of us predicted beforehand.

You mean we all meet up in a grotty pub and Jacko falls into a hedge ?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

On this occasion !!!

Wouldn't surprise me tbh. It's in the club's DNA. And we know why don't we. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:53 am

Well they say history has a way of repeating itself
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Last Saturday at 18:30(HT at Man City v Chelsea) was in our own hands.We had to win our last 4 games to guarantee Champions League Football....Now we have has much chance of one of us on Hammers Chat winning a million pound plus on the lottery this Saturday.

5 days is a long time in football

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:46 am
mkhammer wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:24 pm We owe that self righteous club and their F.in HORRIBLE fans one that's for sure....
Not even caring that they lose to the Red Scouse, shows how passionate they are about the game,

Hope Villarreal pull them apart...
Don't get all the angst tbh. Man United had sweet F A to play for last night and Liverpool had something to aim for. Under those circumstances it's not surprising Liverpool won. We're in the same situation for our next 3 as Liverpool were last night. Opponents with nothing to play for. Up to us to take advantage of that situation and do a professional job.

I never thought we were good enough for the CL if I'm perfectly honest, but I do think we're good enough to at least compete properly in the Europa. And if we do OUR job properly and pick up maximum points from our 3 remaining games that's where we shall be. If we don't win those games we're relying on other results. But if we bomb out there'll be no point blaming everybody else will there. ? If we do miss out it will be down to us, no one else. The squad size, team selection and tactics, individual errors and the 101 things that lumped together make up a season will all have played their part.
I near enough fully agree with everything you have said.Like HD,you see things from a balanced point of view.

The one thing, I will disagree on is Man U had nothing to play for?

Liverpool are their biggest rivals in Football..The fans detest one another because of they are the 2 most successful clubs in England`s history. and are only 30 miles apart..Do you agree?

Liverpool now look set to be in the CL. next season because of last nights result.That means.they now have the chance of winning the biggest prize in world domestic Football and being given the extra income to help make them more successful.
Last edited by terrya1965 on Fri May 14, 2021 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:22 am
JayK wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:41 am

And would we be happy if West Ham loosened the reins if we were already guaranteed CL etc? No we wouldn’t. We’d want our team to give its all in every single game. That’s the point of competition, to be 100% competitive.
Well I was absolutely livid that we didn’t relegate Villa at the end of last season .
And I’m also livid at the way that circumstances seem to have fell the way of LiVARpool (and Chelsea to a lesser extent) again , as they always seem to.

I’m livid at Moyes for his cowardly team tactics against the BIG 5 and for his approach to the Brighton game.

My utter contempt for the constant lack of ambition shown by the club is unwavering.

But . On this occasion Whiskyman is pretty much correct on this .

It’s our own fault . I don’t expect us to see out these 3 remaining games successfully, this is West Ham ffs , but then I never thought we would .
Nigh on 50 years of West Ham is responsible for that .

It’s just a bit galling the way circumstances this week have helped our season finish with a bit of a whimper .

And since it’s Brighton at the weekend I expect the white flag to be raised shortly afterwards.
A great post from KUMB yesterday on a thread called "Irrational Pessimism "

Choose pessimism. Choose Steven Gerrard in the 91st minute. Choose being sued by Sheffield United. Choose getting beat 6-0 in a League Cup semi-final, twice. Choose Astra Giurgiu, twice. Choose Emmanuel Omoyinmi. Choose selling every single one of your greatest generation of academy players, and watching them go on to win every trophy available in rivals colours. Choose throwing away a 2-0 lead at Wigan to get relegated. Choose losing at home to both Wimbledon and West Brom after being 3-0 up. Choose 4-0 defeats at Oxford, Iain Dowie in the rain at Stockport, John Hartson kicking Eyal Berkovic, cup humiliations to Torquay, Luton, Wrexham, Northampton, Chesterfield, bond schemes, Joey Beauchamp getting homesick, Paul Ince wearing Man United shirts, athletics tracks, and choose for your fortunes to always be hiding.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:38 am
JayK wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:41 am

And would we be happy if West Ham loosened the reins if we were already guaranteed CL etc? No we wouldn’t. We’d want our team to give its all in every single game. That’s the point of competition, to be 100% competitive.
It's psychological though isn't it.? As Newmarket says we loosened the reins as you put it against Villa last game of the season. One team needed the points, one didn't. We probably didn't consciously slip into a lower gear but without the buzz that pressure to get a result gives it must be difficult to focus as well as you normally would. Gary Neville made a good point last night. He said that even if one team is just 5% off because there is nothing at stake for them it can make all the difference.

At the end of the day no amount of knicker wetting, teeth grinding and cat kicking will alter the fact that teams finish the season in the position they deserve to.
I remember us playing our big rivals Tottenham,who needed a win to guarantee CL Football.We played in a FA Cup Final 6 days later,our first in 26 years..

DID WE LET THEM WALK OVER US? DID WE HELL ;)

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:46 am
mkhammer wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:24 pm We owe that self righteous club and their F.in HORRIBLE fans one that's for sure....
Not even caring that they lose to the Red Scouse, shows how passionate they are about the game,

Hope Villarreal pull them apart...
Don't get all the angst tbh. Man United had sweet F A to play for last night and Liverpool had something to aim for. Under those circumstances it's not surprising Liverpool won. We're in the same situation for our next 3 as Liverpool were last night. Opponents with nothing to play for. Up to us to take advantage of that situation and do a professional job.

I never thought we were good enough for the CL if I'm perfectly honest, but I do think we're good enough to at least compete properly in the Europa. And if we do OUR job properly and pick up maximum points from our 3 remaining games that's where we shall be. If we don't win those games we're relying on other results. But if we bomb out there'll be no point blaming everybody else will there. ? If we do miss out it will be down to us, no one else. The squad size, team selection and tactics, individual errors and the 101 things that lumped together make up a season will all have played their part.
No not into the blame game thing mate...believe it works out over a season....plenty of stuff out there saying Scouse
have been the worst hit with Var decisions...depends how you look at things...

So not angst more frustration...watched the game ,well most of it...Mancs were a shambles just not up for it..against
their biggest rivals...would we fold and let the Spuds win easily....just makes you question stuff...

Also these guys are professionals paid stupid money to do a job...your paid to do a job,you give it 100% or as near to it
as you can get...likes of us don't do our jobs..potentially we get sacked...
I don't even really get the.."up for a game thing"....means you've not been "up" for previous games,you should commit
100% at all times....otherwise you wouldn't play or work for me.
This goes to another level as a footballer..you owe the fans...who up until recently were paying your wages,and
still contribute...depends which club your at,and what level,obviously.

CL don't know if we couldn't compete,we're a bloody good side now,well respected by others....sides now set up
worried about what we can do..Everton prime example.....when I also watched how the very top sides like PSG
and Real Madrid could be so easily ripped open...said before,I'd enjoy a crack at them...Footies always
11 v 11 end of the day..
And you need to play the very best at any sport to improve your own game.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:53 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
COYI!!!