Utd

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Utd

Post by JayK »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:42 am Last Saturday at 18:30(HT at Man City v Chelsea) was in our own hands.We had to win our last 4 games to guarantee Champions League Football....Now we have has much chance of one of us on Hammers Chat winning a million pound plus on the lottery this Saturday.

5 days is a long time in football
Well I’m gettin online to buy me a ticket then :lol:
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:22 am
JayK wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:41 am

And would we be happy if West Ham loosened the reins if we were already guaranteed CL etc? No we wouldn’t. We’d want our team to give its all in every single game. That’s the point of competition, to be 100% competitive.
Well I was absolutely livid that we didn’t relegate Villa at the end of last season .
And I’m also livid at the way that circumstances seem to have fell the way of LiVARpool (and Chelsea to a lesser extent) again , as they always seem to.

I’m livid at Moyes for his cowardly team tactics against the BIG 5 and for his approach to the Brighton game.

My utter contempt for the constant lack of ambition shown by the club is unwavering.

But . On this occasion Whiskyman is pretty much correct on this .

It’s our own fault . I don’t expect us to see out these 3 remaining games successfully, this is West Ham ffs , but then I never thought we would .
Nigh on 50 years of West Ham is responsible for that .

It’s just a bit galling the way circumstances this week have helped our season finish with a bit of a whimper .

And since it’s Brighton at the weekend I expect the white flag to be raised shortly afterwards.
I honestly can’t disagree or argue with any of that mate. Bang on. Although I still can’t help have a bit of hope for these next 3 games.....as stupid as it probably is.

MK is also right though. These fuckers (every player) are paid a kings fuckin ransom and so should be up for every single minute in every single game. I sure as hell would. That’s integrity though and most players couldn’t even spell the cunting word let alone know what it is.
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:57 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:46 am

Don't get all the angst tbh. Man United had sweet F A to play for last night and Liverpool had something to aim for. Under those circumstances it's not surprising Liverpool won. We're in the same situation for our next 3 as Liverpool were last night. Opponents with nothing to play for. Up to us to take advantage of that situation and do a professional job.

I never thought we were good enough for the CL if I'm perfectly honest, but I do think we're good enough to at least compete properly in the Europa. And if we do OUR job properly and pick up maximum points from our 3 remaining games that's where we shall be. If we don't win those games we're relying on other results. But if we bomb out there'll be no point blaming everybody else will there. ? If we do miss out it will be down to us, no one else. The squad size, team selection and tactics, individual errors and the 101 things that lumped together make up a season will all have played their part.
I near enough fully agree with everything you have said.Like HD,you see things from a balanced point of view.

The one thing, I will disagree on is Man U had nothing to play for?

Liverpool are their biggest rivals in Football..The fans detest one another because of they are the 2 most successful clubs in England`s history. and are only 30 miles apart..Do you agree?

Liverpool now look set to be in the CL. next season because of last nights result.That means.they now have the chance of winning the biggest prize in world domestic Football and being given the extra income to help make them more successful.
I meant nothing to play for in terms of European qualification. United had already ensured that. In any case how do we KNOW they "weren't trying " ? Perhaps Liverpool were simply better on the night. And Gary Neville could well be right when he said that even a drop of 5% from normal performance levels can make a big difference, and that sort of drop can surely be caused by the sheer psychology of having "nothing to play for".
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:14 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:57 am

I near enough fully agree with everything you have said.Like HD,you see things from a balanced point of view.

The one thing, I will disagree on is Man U had nothing to play for?

Liverpool are their biggest rivals in Football..The fans detest one another because of they are the 2 most successful clubs in England`s history. and are only 30 miles apart..Do you agree?

Liverpool now look set to be in the CL. next season because of last nights result.That means.they now have the chance of winning the biggest prize in world domestic Football and being given the extra income to help make them more successful.
I meant nothing to play for in terms of European qualification. United had already ensured that. In any case how do we KNOW they "weren't trying " ? Perhaps Liverpool were simply better on the night. And Gary Neville could well be right when he said that even a drop of 5% from normal performance levels can make a big difference, and that sort of drop can surely be caused by the sheer psychology of having "nothing to play for".
United's defence were pretty poor - they are going to have to watch that against Serville - and Liverpool scored three goals from defenders losing possession. One of the Liverpool goals was well constructed.

More a case of Liverpool exploiting good fortune, much like last season.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:28 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:14 pm

United's defence were pretty poor - they are going to have to watch that against Serville - and Liverpool scored three goals from defenders losing possession. One of the Liverpool goals was well constructed.

Don't think Sevilla will give them any trouble at all mate.

Villarreal could though. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:31 pm

Ah,mixing my Barcelona's up with my Madrid's again...

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:31 pm

I hope Villarreal rip them a new arsehole
COYI!!!