Have The Dominos Started To Fall ?

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Have The Dominos Started To Fall ?

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:50 am It would do football in general some good, obviously not for any clubs that suffered. And a realisation finally that a modicum of common sense is needed, but I can't see it. When has common sense applied in a game in which Harry Maguire costs £80m.

Bury were one thing but not Derby. Administration and points deduction maybe but not liquidation.
One of their creditors is HMRC (£20 million). They are not slow when it comes to issuing winding up orders. At the moment because of Covid there ios a repayment "holiday" but that won't last for ever.

As said someone will probably come galloping over the horizon but buying into football in today's economy is a lot less attractive than it was a few years ago isn't it ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Didn’t someone recently buy Derby or did that fall through?
COYI!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Ibbyham wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:22 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:23 am One of the main reasons why I would have loved the Breakaway 6 to leave.

Bring the game back to a bit of it`s normality and it`s roots.

The big 6,well 5 :lol: ,winning everything year on year,while the rest are meant to be happy making up the numbers.
Totally agreed......Had the big 6 demoted from Premier League now, West Ham could have won the Premier League in style with only 3 losses (twice with Barcodes and once with Toffee).

I think Derby could go to administration and there sanction awaiting but not sure if it this season or next season to start at -12 points or -6 like Sheff Wed did.

If those greedy big 6 is out of Premier League and EFL Leagues, our football shape would be better like in the 1900s to 1960s and I would dance in the street with the Hammerettes.
You do realise we were a Southern league side then mainly a Second division side in them halcyon days you mention don’t you ?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Was it numbers wno predicted this or was it the other way round and clubs not going bust bullshit?
Anyway, fair do's to our beloved owners for keeping tight purse strings in these trying times. No good splashing the cash for glory if you're not gonna be around for long. Kudos to the Daves I say. :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:39 am Didn’t someone recently buy Derby or did that fall through?
Some Spanish Consortium were buying them but pulled out when they discovered 60m worth of debt.

60 million ? Yooooouuu lucky lucky bastard.

I dream about only having 60m of debt.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:12 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:23 am One of the main reasons why I would have loved the Breakaway 6 to leave.

Bring the game back to a bit of it`s normality and it`s roots.

The big 6,well 5 :lol: ,winning everything year on year,while the rest are meant to be happy making up the numbers.

Big 6 have got absolutely nothing to do with various Derby boards in the past spending more money than they earn. How is that the fault of the Big 6, Sky, UEFA , The United Nations, Greenpeace or anyone else ?

It is a business simply spending money it doesn't have. OK the people who lend them the money to waste are also responsible but at the end of the day they'll lose out anyway.
Where did I mention Derby?

I am just saying in general..I'd love a Football re-start in this country..F*CK THE 6 WHO THINK THEY ARE BIGGER THAN FOOTBALL!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

tassiehammer wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:09 am Was it numbers wno predicted this or was it the other way round and clubs not going bust bullshit?
Anyway, fair do's to our beloved owners for keeping tight purse strings in these trying times. No good splashing the cash for glory if you're not gonna be around for long. Kudos to the Daves I say. :D
I predicted it and here disagreed with me.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:41 am
Ibbyham wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:22 am

Totally agreed......Had the big 6 demoted from Premier League now, West Ham could have won the Premier League in style with only 3 losses (twice with Barcodes and once with Toffee).

I think Derby could go to administration and there sanction awaiting but not sure if it this season or next season to start at -12 points or -6 like Sheff Wed did.

If those greedy big 6 is out of Premier League and EFL Leagues, our football shape would be better like in the 1900s to 1960s and I would dance in the street with the Hammerettes.
You do realise we were a Southern league side then mainly a Second division side in them halcyon days you mention don’t you ?
Of course mate......but I wasn't born in West Ham early days. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:48 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:12 am

Big 6 have got absolutely nothing to do with various Derby boards in the past spending more money than they earn. How is that the fault of the Big 6, Sky, UEFA , The United Nations, Greenpeace or anyone else ?

It is a business simply spending money it doesn't have. OK the people who lend them the money to waste are also responsible but at the end of the day they'll lose out anyway.
Where did I mention Derby?

I am just saying in general..I'd love a Football re-start in this country..F*CK THE 6 WHO THINK THEY ARE BIGGER THAN FOOTBALL!
I mentioned Derby in my post. You said it's one of the reasons you wished the "Big 6" had left. So I assumed you were blaming the usual suspects, the "big 6" and Sky for the state of today's football finances.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?