Have The Dominos Started To Fall ?

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Have The Dominos Started To Fall ?

Post by Whiskyman »

One of football's worst kept secrets has started to leak out into the mainstream press. Derby County are in such as massive financial mess there is a very real chance they could go into liquidation. Maybe a biggish club, and Derby were League Champions less than 40 years ago, going tits up might persuade other football club owners that spending more money than you bring in usually ends in tears,.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Re: Have The Dominos Started To Fall ?

Post by palerider »

It would do football in general some good, obviously not for any clubs that suffered. And a realisation finally that a modicum of common sense is needed, but I can't see it. When has common sense applied in a game in which Harry Maguire costs £80m.

Bury were one thing but not Derby. Administration and points deduction maybe but not liquidation.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

One of the main reasons why I would have loved the Breakaway 6 to leave.

Bring the game back to a bit of it`s normality and it`s roots.

The big 6,well 5 :lol: ,winning everything year on year,while the rest are meant to be happy making up the numbers.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:12 am One of football's worst kept secrets has started to leak out into the mainstream press. Derby County are in such as massive financial mess there is a very real chance they could go into liquidation. Maybe a biggish club, and Derby were League Champions less than 40 years ago, going tits up might persuade other football club owners that spending more money than you bring in usually ends in tears,.
I’m sure someone will come along and rescue them.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Yes the old adage speculate to accumulate doesn’t always lead to fruition.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:49 am Yes the old adage speculate to accumulate doesn’t always lead to fruition.
We'll definitely be all right there then.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Towie wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:45 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:12 am One of football's worst kept secrets has started to leak out into the mainstream press. Derby County are in such as massive financial mess there is a very real chance they could go into liquidation. Maybe a biggish club, and Derby were League Champions less than 40 years ago, going tits up might persuade other football club owners that spending more money than you bring in usually ends in tears,.
I’m sure someone will come along and rescue them.
Quite right. Wayne Rooney has managed since his arrival, to slim down the player wage bill by diverting most of that money to himself.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:51 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:49 am Yes the old adage speculate to accumulate doesn’t always lead to fruition.
We'll definitely be all right there then.
I would say so yes.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:23 am One of the main reasons why I would have loved the Breakaway 6 to leave.

The big 6,well 5 :lol: ,winning everything year on year,while the rest are meant to be happy making up the numbers.

Big 6 have got absolutely nothing to do with various Derby boards in the past spending more money than they earn. How is that the fault of the Big 6, Sky, UEFA , The United Nations, Greenpeace or anyone else ?

It is a business simply spending money it doesn't have. OK the people who lend them the money to waste are also responsible but at the end of the day they'll lose out anyway.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:23 am One of the main reasons why I would have loved the Breakaway 6 to leave.

Totally agreed......Had the big 6 demoted from Premier League now, West Ham could have won the Premier League in style with only 3 losses (twice with Barcodes and once with Toffee).

I think Derby could go to administration and there sanction awaiting but not sure if it this season or next season to start at -12 points or -6 like Sheff Wed did.

If those greedy big 6 is out of Premier League and EFL Leagues, our football shape would be better like in the 1900s to 1960s and I would dance in the street with the Hammerettes.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.