Leicester City vs Chelsea FA Cup

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Leicester City vs Chelsea FA Cup

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:01 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:44 pm

Can I have an opinion on that question please Tegs ?

No because his predecessor won the title .

Celtic?

Did they go unbeaten under his predecessor?He won a treble and was heading for another(League Cup won,League,well clear and just Scottish cup needed),before leaving,in which they did...Let`s put it in perspective,Celtic have won 7 in their history and Rodgers was heading for 2 in a row.

Leicester?

They were heading towards relegation in 2017.

Apart from Vardi,the team is a different one to 2016.

Question Tim...Would you have Rodgers at West Ham?
Tel . I’d have you in charge if it meant getting rid of Moyes .

Seriously though .

Whilst that Cunt Sullivan still breathes , Lord God Almighty couldn’t get us into Europe .

Unless there’s a war.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Aren't you forgetting Schmeichel and Albrighton ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:20 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:39 pm

Funny enough,I knew you would have the brains to work that out. :lol: You know I see you has one of the intellectuals on here mate and I always respect and enjoy your reading your opinions..

If you don't rate Rodgers,that's your opinion and that is fair enough.

You say he won the Pub League, up there,but he was the first manager in 120 years to go unbeaten in a season(including both domestic Cups)..Pub League or not that take some doing and was on course for another when he left.

Answer this question? Do you think Leicester have made progress since his taken over?
Yes. They have improved. And he will earn plus points from me if he retains top 4 and gains CL entry for next season. But let's wait and see if he does it. But using the same criteria didn't we improve under Allardyce. ? Allardyce is another manager who has been labelled "great" on occasions by our media.

As for Rodgers' time at Celtic wasn't he in charge when Rangers were working their way back from being in the lower leagues.? So the two team league was a one team league making an unbeaten season easier to achieve.
Rangers were promoted back to the SPL in 2017...Rodgers basically won 2 trebles with them in the same League.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:39 pm

Aren't you forgetting Schmeichel and Albrighton ?
I did,but Albrighton has been used sparingly.Basically,it`s a new team.After 5 years,you would expect that..

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:29 pm

Yes. They have improved. And he will earn plus points from me if he retains top 4 and gains CL entry for next season. But let's wait and see if he does it. But using the same criteria didn't we improve under Allardyce. ? Allardyce is another manager who has been labelled "great" on occasions by our media.

As for Rodgers' time at Celtic wasn't he in charge when Rangers were working their way back from being in the lower leagues.? So the two team league was a one team league making an unbeaten season easier to achieve.
Rangers were promoted back to the SPL in 2017...Rodgers basically won 2 trebles with them in the same League.
They might have been back in the SPL but I think that was around the time they got knoscked out of the Europa League by the 4th best team in Luxembourg. So they obviously weren't very good. ;)

Sorry, but I honestly think if you and I were managing Rangers and Celtic between us one of us would win the league, Would that make either of us a great manager ? Great managers don't lose 7-0 TWICE in the Champions League group stages. They structure their teams to avoid embarassments like that when they come up against sides of superior quality.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:37 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:29 pm

They might have been back in the SPL but I think that was around the time they got knoscked out of the Europa League by the 4th best team in Luxembourg. So they obviously weren't very good. ;)

Sorry, but I honestly think if you and I were managing Rangers and Celtic between us one of us would win the league, Would that make either of us a great manager ? Great managers don't lose 7-0 TWICE in the Champions League group stages. They structure their teams to avoid embarassments like that when they come up against sides of superior quality.
https://news.paddypower.com/football/20 ... ltic-cluj/
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:39 pm

Funny enough,I knew you would have the brains to work that out. :lol: You know I see you has one of the intellectuals on here mate and I always respect and enjoy your reading your opinions..

If you don't rate Rodgers,that's your opinion and that is fair enough.

You say he won the Pub League, up there,but he was the first manager in 120 years to go unbeaten in a season(including both domestic Cups)..Pub League or not that take some doing and was on course for another when he left.

Answer this question? Do you think Leicester have made progress since his taken over?

And right on cue. A Brenda team buckles under the pressure. Good manager? Maybe. Great manager ? Please fuck off. :lol: :lol:

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:46 pm

And right on cue. A Brenda team buckles under the pressure. Good manager? Maybe. Great manager ? Please fuck off. :lol: :lol:
It was 1-1 at HT...They had 45 minutes to win the game,that he couldn't influence,unless he asked Schmeichel to throw one in?

That`s two 5th places and an FA Cup he has won for an unfashionable club.The 3 seasons before,they finished 12th and 9th twice.That`s progress for me.

You have got your opinion on him and I have got mine and I think his doing a good job..