WBA vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

WBA vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

We need to get maximum points from this game and Southampton if we are to cement 5th or 6th place and to go to Europa Group Stage directly. WBA has already been relegated but as per BFS said he want WBA to beat us in front of their fans to cheers about so that make it tough for us, however, we need to win to keep hope of finishing 6th. Need Spuds and Everton to slip up though.

Glad we got Rice and Ogbonna back but need to do better in final third with decision making as most teams park their bus against us and WBA will do the same as it is BFS style. Benrahma did well to score goal and wondering if Moyes will put him from the start instead of Bowen. Hope Lingard will rediscover his form.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Dawson
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Rice
Soucek

Benrahma/Bowen
Lingard
Fornals

Antonio

Let have a good game and do better in final third.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Re: WBA vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

Cheers Ibbs.

It’s clear from last night teams look tighter and more organised in defence than we do lately and we have very little bite up front. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to only get 2 points from the last 2 games but obviously hope for the 6. It was a fun ride while it lasted but what will be will be now. Still believe if we’d bought a striker we’d still be in CL contention, but we didn’t. That’s what happens when ya got cunts with zero ambition running a club
COYI!!!

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

JayK wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:41 pm Cheers Ibbs.

It’s clear from last night teams look tighter and more organised in defence than we do lately and we have very little bite up front. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to only get 2 points from the last 2 games but obviously hope for the 6. It was a fun ride while it lasted but what will be will be now. Still believe if we’d bought a striker we’d still be in CL contention, but we didn’t. That’s what happens when ya got cunts with zero ambition running a club
I cannot see West Ham to reach top 4 with Dildo brother in charge. Need a new owner like Leicester that has ambition to bring the club to top 4.

I am not confident of WBA as BFS said in previous game that he want WBA to beat West Ham in front of their fans to cheer them up from relegation.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

The irony is David Moyes in January, announced he was very content with his first team squad and then didn't use them when a decent opportunity presented.

Which means he was either not happy and chose to say the opposite for PR purposes; or he believed a converted winger used as his only striker, would keep free from injury and produce his best form in all the remaining games...which makes him deluded.

I think we can agree he tries very hard and is fully committed but you don't need to look very far for limitations.
And that is not an ungenerous appraisal given the evidence accumulated week-by-week.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:33 pm

The irony is David Moyes in January, announced he was very content with his first team squad and then didn't use them when a decent opportunity presented.

Which means he was either not happy and chose to say the opposite for PR purposes; or he believed a converted winger used as his only striker, would keep free from injury and produce his best form in all the remaining games...which makes him deluded.

I think we can agree he tries very hard and is fully committed but you don't need to look very far for limitations.
And that is not an ungenerous appraisal given the evidence accumulated week-by-week.
Nail on head my good man.
In my many years of following football I've yet to hear a manager say he's happy with his squad. There's always a but. Unless of course your Pep and even then he's never really satisfied. Our manager like you said, said what he was told to say.
Like I've said before, I honestly don't think he's pulling the strings at West Ham. I wouldn't be surprised if he fucked off tbh and let the real manager Kevin Nolan take over.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:36 pm

In my many years of following football I've yet to hear a manager say he's happy with his squad. There's always a but. Unless of course your Pep and even then he's never really satisfied. Our manager like you said, said what he was told to say.
Like I've said before, I honestly don't think he's pulling the strings at West Ham. I wouldn't be surprised if he fucked off tbh and let the real manager Kevin Nolan take over.
Theyve taken us as far as they can, we've had a taste of the next level, we had a decent amount of help from some of the "usual top six" to keep us there for as long as we did but now theyve all come good and leapfrogged us, ( i still think Arsenal also will) , we have been exposed, theyve proved we arent a top six club..
We need new progressive thinking owners that will see whats needed and get the bitcoins, dogecoins or whatever these people invest their dosh in these days....otherwise its back to yo-yo mid table mediocrity at best...and saying youre happy with the squad is like saying your happy with 10th or 8th or anything but 1st, irrespective of how unrealistic it is...surely the goal (pun intended) and the name of the game is to aim for the top all the time

JayK

Post by JayK »

Bang on BD and was saying words to that effect at the time
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:32 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:36 pm

Theyve taken us as far as they can, we've had a taste of the next level, we had a decent amount of help from some of the "usual top six" to keep us there for as long as we did but now theyve all come good and leapfrogged us, ( i still think Arsenal also will) , we have been exposed, theyve proved we arent a top six club..
We need new progressive thinking owners that will see whats needed and get the bitcoins, dogecoins or whatever these people invest their dosh in these days....otherwise its back to yo-yo mid table mediocrity at best...and saying youre happy with the squad is like saying your happy with 10th or 8th or anything but 1st, irrespective of how unrealistic it is...surely the goal (pun intended) and the name of the game is to aim for the top all the time
Like you say they've taken us as far as they can (and lined their greed ridden pockets in the process) that being the case, like the lifelong fans they keep telling bus they are, they should fuck off and let someone take us forward.
They won't because they're after that stadium to up the price of the club. I find it comical they can suggest between 600-800 million value of the club, even when we don't own our own ground. Comical if it wasn't so fucking greed driven.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:35 pm
Rick_Deckard wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:32 pm

Like you say they've taken us as far as they can (and lined their greed ridden pockets in the process) that being the case, like the lifelong fans they keep telling bus they are, they should fuck off and let someone take us forward.
They won't because they're after that stadium to up the price of the club. I find it comical they can suggest between 600-800 million value of the club, even when we don't own our own ground. Comical if it wasn't so fucking greed driven.
In pure economics something is worth what one party is prepared to pay another for a product or service. I can "value" my house at anything I like, but unless someone is prepared to meet my valuation I might as well piss into the wind.

Tbh I doubt they'd get £600 million even if the stadium itself was part of the package. Without it they'd be lucky to get half that amount.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Everton have given up on the vaunted conference league, Ancelloti has not gone for it. So we could accept our fate and finish 7th or try and oust Tottenham from sixth and enter the Europa proper. Although there is not much proper about that league. Full of those who dared and lost.

So immediately DM will see the opportunity to grasp a half-hearted 1-1 against the Bromsters

Team for Europa Conference

Trott
Fredericks
Balbuena
Diop
Johnson
Noble
Cullen
Anderson
Bowen/Yarmolenko
Lanzini
Odubeko

probably win the fucking thing...it's what he does...