Patreon Video , support the lads

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Patreon Video , support the lads

Post by Newmarket »

Please consider signing up to give Hammers chat your support fellas . Here’s what Geo has to say

Bring back Jonathon !

Re: Patreon Video , support the lads

Post by 9898 »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:40 am Please consider signing up to give Hammers chat your support fellas . Here’s what Geo has to say

Not watched their videos in a long, long time.
Watched this and then a few other old ones.
What the hell is going on.

Let me get this straight, they want people to pay for them to move into some form of retirement and sit in front of a camera.What??!!???
If the channel grows organically, fair play, but from the videos I watched it was a bit unbecoming and hard to watch.
The videos were continually asking for money donations, join patreon, passive threats about doing no more videos if more people don't join patreon and help to support their leaving of jobs.

When I drive around the North Circular I expect to see a number of Eastern Europeans at traffic lights begging for money, I don't expect something not dissimilar on West ham related social media videos.

Let the channel grow organically.

If they are struggling financially, I, like many others, would be happy to help but please no more emotional blackmail.

As a last thought and advice, I preferred the early videos I watched where it seemed a bity more natural and not a thought out ploy for sales.
A number of the new videos don't seem to be from the heart and are more pre-prepared to appeal to masses.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

The most obvious solution is raise prices. Double the subscription and the targets are achieved. Do it when your riding high and you can absorb any drop outs. People are generally lazy and hardly ever cancel anything under a ticket price of £10.

Plus the higher the subscription the more value is attached to the membership. Get in,back of the net...

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

All for the best of causes BD don’t you agree ?

Be nice if their other patrons contributed to the message boards though .
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

I don't see what's in it for me tbh.

Much as I love West Ham I don't spend the day looking at the videos as I have a very short attention span.

Much as I love West Ham I don't spend the day looking at the videos as I have a very short attention span.

Post by 9898 »

palerider wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:19 am I don't see what's in it for me tbh.

Are you mad?

Whats in it for you?
You can have the pleasure of spending your hard earned money supporting two people (who you dont know) into retirement so they can sit in front of a camera for an hour a day rather than work and earn the money.
You also get the pleasure of knowing you have submitted to the subtle threat that one of them will not make any more videos if more people do not pay their hard earned into his patreon.

Whats not to love.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

9898 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:25 am
palerider wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:19 am I don't see what's in it for me tbh.

Are you mad?

Whats in it for you?
You can have the pleasure of spending your hard earned money supporting two people (who you dont know) into retirement so they can sit in front of a camera for an hour a day rather than work and earn the money.
You also get the pleasure of knowing you have submitted to the subtle threat that one of them will not make any more videos if more people do not pay their hard earned into his patreon.

Whats not to love.
The only minute part of your post that is even remotely true is the first line .
And THATS a fact .
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:50 am All for the best of causes BD don’t you agree ?

Absolut, as they say in Sweden. I thought the Gonz and Geo would progress into paid media work, as both of them project very well .

It's a personality thing and you either possess it or you don't. These boys have it in spades and it's natural not manufactured.
You only have to watch a few of their recordings to recognise this.

Granted not everyone agrees, but those whose default reaction is to mock and sneer don't have much of a currency themselves...

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

The problem with this sort of patron site, is that the info is nearly always available in some format, on the net. Much better to spend their time on merchandise and adding adverts to thus site, if it's a living they are looking for
Covid in the Boardroom

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:49 am
Newmarket wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:50 am All for the best of causes BD don’t you agree ?

Absolut, as they say in Sweden. I thought the Gonz and Geo would progress into paid media work, as both of them project very well .

It's a personality thing and you either possess it or you don't. These boys have it in spades and it's natural not manufactured.
You only have to watch a few of their recordings to recognise this.

Granted not everyone agrees, but those whose default reaction is to mock and sneer don't have much of a currency themselves...
Would you consider it mocking and sneering, or constructive criticism, if someone suggested the Scots bloke shouldn't wave his arms around on screen quite so much.? I can only speak personally but I found myself watching the body language rather than listening to the message.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?