The Euro's 2020(21) Thread.

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: The Euro's 2020(21) Thread.

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:24 am
JayK wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:40 am Stats of the night…
No team has been in 2 shootouts and won the tournament.

Italy (before last night) had only conceded 2 goals in 2 years.

Italy haven’t trailed in a game for over 2 years.

Not a stat: I thought Spain showed Italy aren’t immortal. If only they had a decent striker. Their best performance of the tournament and were the better team.
I only saw bits of it.

Jay Blades and the team were adding life to some old match balls to save a few bob for a well known East London football team on Repair Shop but from what I did see, Spain were indeed the better team. Olmo is a very good player for an ugly fucker but the Spanish word for cunt will be used regularly in Madrid today for Oyarzabal.

But we have to repel the Vikings first before we can think about Sunday.
:lol:

Yep. Big game tonight. Think the Danes will be the biggest threat at set pieces we’ve had in the tournament with their aerial ability and crossing. Shaw showed he can whip a ball in the other day. Think we gonna concede for the 1st time and have to score 2 to win it. But Kane found his shooting boots
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Tuesday's semi final The first half was played at a level I have not seen so far in this tournament. Liquid football!

Tonights semi-final might be something completely different of course. ITV are the broadcaster and they always manage to give any event a certain feel of shithousery, even before the first set of naff ads remind everyone how shit commercial TV used to be.

And ITV will be praying for extra-time and penalties and hoping for 20+ Million viewing figures ...god help us

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:12 am
palerider wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:24 am
I only saw bits of it.

Jay Blades and the team were adding life to some old match balls to save a few bob for a well known East London football team on Repair Shop but from what I did see, Spain were indeed the better team. Olmo is a very good player for an ugly fucker but the Spanish word for cunt will be used regularly in Madrid today for Oyarzabal.

But we have to repel the Vikings first before we can think about Sunday.

Yep. Big game tonight. Think the Danes will be the biggest threat at set pieces we’ve had in the tournament with their aerial ability and crossing. Shaw showed he can whip a ball in the other day. Think we gonna concede for the 1st time and have to score 2 to win it. But Kane found his shooting boots
Indeed. And I'm making the trek to Twickenham again to watch it. Same place as before. A lucky venue as on the two previous occasions I've watched England there we've won 2-0. I've told my mates I'll go easy on the sauce after last week though but by 10.30 I'm sure my Pinocchio nose will be growing.

I'm recording the Repair Shop.

Jay Blades and the team are tonight giving new hamstrings to a converted winger to save the same well known East London football team the unwanted cost of buying another striker.

h69

Post by h69 »

Not a stat: I thought Spain showed Italy aren’t immortal. If only they had a decent striker. Their best performance of the tournament and were the better team.
Spain were much better than Italy but it goes to show that unless you have a clinical edge, all this pretty passing football means fuck all. I think they could have played for another 2 hours and it would have stayed 1-1. End of normal time, Spain had the chances to win but they need dozens of chances to score a goal. If they had a fit Torres or David Villa they would have won this tournament.

Olmo looks a good player but cannot finish either.

England can beat Denmark and Italy if they perform to their ability but it will depend on the form of the players on the night. Nothing much anyone else can do if they can't perform.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

100% agree with that. If Spain had a player like a prime Fernando Torres they would've won that game by 3 or 4 clear goals.

I don't know why though they didn't put Traore on with about 10-15 mins of normal time left. I don't really rate the bloke as he's so inconsistent but his pace would have crucified that Italian back line, especially at that point in the game.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:45 am
JayK wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:12 am

Indeed. And I'm making the trek to Twickenham again to watch it. Same place as before. A lucky venue as on the two previous occasions I've watched England there we've won 2-0. I've told my mates I'll go easy on the sauce after last week though but by 10.30 I'm sure my Pinocchio nose will be growing.

I'm recording the Repair Shop.

Jay Blades and the team are tonight giving new hamstrings to a converted winger to save the same well known East London football team the unwanted cost of buying another striker.
Safe journey mate and hope the luck continues
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

h69 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:22 am

Spain were much better than Italy but it goes to show that unless you have a clinical edge, all this pretty passing football means fuck all. I think they could have played for another 2 hours and it would have stayed 1-1. End of normal time, Spain had the chances to win but they need dozens of chances to score a goal. If they had a fit Torres or David Villa they would have won this tournament.

Olmo looks a good player but cannot finish either.

England can beat Denmark and Italy if they perform to their ability but it will depend on the form of the players on the night. Nothing much anyone else can do if they can't perform.
Yep. Absolutely
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:48 am

100% agree with that. If Spain had a player like a prime Fernando Torres they would've won that game by 3 or 4 clear goals.

I don't know why though they didn't put Traore on with about 10-15 mins of normal time left. I don't really rate the bloke as he's so inconsistent but his pace would have crucified that Italian back line, especially at that point in the game.
Not a fan of his either tbh but agree pace will always worry a defender
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:48 am

Funnily enough I said the same thing to Mrs W about Traore last night. She didn't have a clue what I was talking about of course as she couldn't understand why Traore might have been an asset against a tiring, and relatively elderly, Italian defence.

And a good point about Torres. But for me Spain played as if they still had David Villa filling that false No 9 spot. But there was only one David Villa. And Mrs W probably thinks he is Aston Villa's older brother.

Great game though. Although Mrs W was pissed off that "your bloody football" delayed the News, and the now obligatory Covid scaremongering, as a consequence of extra time and penalties.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I was one years old(1966),when England won their last major Semi Final..I have seen 3,where we have failed to reach the Final..

Let's hope tonight I see us win one..COME ON ENGLAND.🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿