The Euro's 2020(21) Thread.

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: The Euro's 2020(21) Thread.

Post by BlackDiamond »

hd1 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:37 pm
Castiron wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:09 pm
Stonewall pen, if we are going by what's been given before
Yep. He stood on Sterlings foot. The ref gave at least 2 freekicks for that during the game
The closeup I viewed showed his toe being brushed not his foot being stood on. Sterling tries that con every game he plays, so no surprise a quality ref
wasn't deceived.

In fact Pep has asked Sterling to stop doing it,probably recognising it was becoming a bit too obvious and a bit too much part of his approach work.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

So long as we have cunts at the top, we will always struggle. The constant need to keep things sweet by employing yes men managers who will toe the line will always hold us back. We have the best stadiums, and the best training facilities and yet our national team are a shambles with a clueless yes man in charge. It's a shameful thing when the best football we have played was at Euro 96 under Terry Venables.
Since then we have gone backwards. We may have reached the semi's at the last world cup, but in truth we got an easy ride. Ultimately when we come up against class, we go home.
They keep banging on about quality and world class players etc, but how many of our world beaters would be included in a world eleven?
I'm actually quite relieved when we are dumped out of a tournament, it saves me from having to endure another 90 minutes of abject shite.
In truth any good side i.e France, Italy, Belgium, would waltz through us, like shit through a goose, because we are what we are, very fucking average.
Tonight's match showed us how average we really are, holding on for dear life against Scotland ffs!
I want us to win, but I wouldn't be overly upset if Soucek, and coufal bag a couple each and put an end to our shambolic shit, before we're embarrassed by a proper side.
It's coming home my arse.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Better to be embarrassed by a poorer side i guess. But i agree with the sentiments, i too can honestly say that the only time i really enjoyed watching us play was when Venebals was the manager.

I initially thought that Southgate could move us on, but he seems to now swap and change so often that i really dont think he knows what hes doing, or really what camp he sits in. Im inclined to think its the yes one. Well who gives a shyte anyway...i gave up expecting anything a long time ago, i stick to the highs and lows of West Ham, at least on the whole we know what the team is going to be.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

What a shower of shite. Maybe they really are more concerned about racial equality, women's and LBGT rights and climate change than winning football matches. Maybe that's what that spineless turd Southgate has instilled in them.

Rice and Phillips worked against Croatia. Mainly because Croatia didn't turn up. Last night it was like playing with 10. Possibly 8 if you include Brucie and Sterling MBE. You don't need two holding midfielders if you want to win a fucking tournament. The sweaties should have won but let's be clear. As committed and brave as they were they were not a 1970 Brazil from the Gorbals. England were that fucking bad.

The spineless turd has to be brave. We'll qualify but a serious shot at making the final is laughable. Kane is either unfit or preoccupied with leaving the bacon-dodgers. Either way, Calvert Lewin has to replace him. He's not God ffs. As for Sterling the football world was wanking itself into hysteria because he scored a goal the other day. Big deal. Other than that he was bang average and apart from a bright opening 10 minutes was awful last night, just like he has been for City all season. Yet the holy waistcoat gave him the full 90. The blind twat. It didn't help either that Mason Mount played like a drain.

Was the game too big for their pampered egos ? There was a time that England players would pay to represent their country and sweat blood to do it. Not these arsewipes.

Cunts.

They took the knee well though.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:49 pm
hd1 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:37 pm

Yep. He stood on Sterlings foot. The ref gave at least 2 freekicks for that during the game
The closeup I viewed showed his toe being brushed not his foot being stood on. Sterling tries that con every game he plays, so no surprise a quality ref
wasn't deceived.

In fact Pep has asked Sterling to stop doing it,probably recognising it was becoming a bit too obvious and a bit too much part of his approach work.
It matters not that he merely brushed his foot, personally I would have done a Hartson on him if I was playing against him and he went over that easily, but did the defender get the ball? No.
Did he touch Sterling's foot?. Yes.
Have penalties been given in this competition for softer challenges?. Yes
So, yes Sterling went down far too easy, but going by what has gone before, it should have been given.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Castiron wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:53 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:49 pm
wasn't deceived.

It matters not that he merely brushed his foot, personally I would have done a Hartson on him if I was playing against him and he went over that easily, but did the defender get the ball? No.
Have penalties been given in this competition for softer challenges?. Yes
So, yes Sterling went down far too easy, but going by what has gone before, it should have been given.
One of the observable problems with Sterling, he doesn't keep the ball close enough to his feet, so the impression is of someone tripping over their own laces rather than being fowled. No one trusts the lad.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:13 pm Southgate is far too negative..Pass the ball forward,then back again.

The likes of James and Shaw would go past the full back,I never see that once.
Phillips and Rice were just both holding.

Why take Foden off,when he was our best out field player.

Worst game of the tournament by far.

Well played Scotland.
Hang on a minute. You said it was the worst game of the tournament so far, but then you say well played Scotland. :o :o

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction ? ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:04 pm Actually though that worked out well for us really since we only need a point now to finish 2nd and avoid France, Germany or Portugal next round. Perhaps this was his master plan all along!
With both England and the Czechs only needing a point apiece to make qualification certain is a testimonial style 0-0 draw on the cards next match ? :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:55 am
BillyDWhizz wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:04 pm Actually though that worked out well for us really since we only need a point now to finish 2nd and avoid France, Germany or Portugal next round. Perhaps this was his master plan all along!
With both England and the Czechs only needing a point apiece to make qualification certain is a testimonial style 0-0 draw on the cards next match ? :lol:
I hope so . Keep the jocks out :twisted:
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:51 am
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:13 pm Southgate is far too negative..Pass the ball forward,then back again.

The likes of James and Shaw would go past the full back,I never see that once.
Phillips and Rice were just both holding.

Why take Foden off,when he was our best out field player.

Worst game of the tournament by far.

Well played Scotland.
Hang on a minute. You said it was the worst game of the tournament so far, but then you say well played Scotland. :o :o

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction ? ;)
Why is it contradictive?

Scotland weren't expected to get anything and did.

Stop being so picky in your old age Whiskyman, analysing every small detail written.