The Euro's 2020(21) Thread.

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: The Euro's 2020(21) Thread.

Post by BlackDiamond »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:00 pm First ever win of an opening game at the Euros, so fair play for that. Bit stodgy though against opponents who aren't a shadow of the side that got to the WC final.

Kane was shit, Walker couldn't pass to a team mate and although he didn't have much to do I really don't like Pickford.

Positives, Phillips best player on the pitch, Foden's got a huge, huge England future and Stirling has got that good knack of popping up and scoring. The rest of the team didn't really put a foot wrong, so all in all a decent enough performance but we'll certainly have to up our game in the knockout stage(s)
I'm not a fan of the double-pivot (two sitting) but Phillips was (strangely) very good and Declan is the king of the intercepts. Agree about Walker and would use Recce James in the next game.

The media do love Raheem Sterling - MBE for his stand against racism...yawn - but to my mind, he scuffed his shot off-balance which won the game and then wasted two good opportunties to score. I think i would prefer Grealish all day long but he's not among the managers faves.

And speaking of, there is Henderson to accommodate as he's a bloody fave as well.

...and why didn't Harry Kane play ?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:47 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:00 pm First ever win of an opening game at the Euros, so fair play for that. Bit stodgy though against opponents who aren't a shadow of the side that got to the WC final.

Kane was shit, Walker couldn't pass to a team mate and although he didn't have much to do I really don't like Pickford.

Positives, Phillips best player on the pitch, Foden's got a huge, huge England future and Stirling has got that good knack of popping up and scoring. The rest of the team didn't really put a foot wrong, so all in all a decent enough performance but we'll certainly have to up our game in the knockout stage(s)
I'm not a fan of the double-pivot (two sitting) but Phillips was (strangely) very good and Declan is the king of the intercepts. Agree about Walker and would use Recce James in the next game.

The media do love Raheem Sterling - MBE for his stand against racism...yawn - but to my mind, he scuffed his shot off-balance which won the game and then wasted two good opportunties to score. I think i would prefer Grealish all day long but he's not among the managers faves.

And speaking of, there is Henderson to accommodate as he's a bloody fave as well.

...and why didn't Harry Kane play ?
He would have turned up for San Marino
Bring back Jonathon !

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

I wouldn´t be disappointed if we got the Ukrainian nr 9 signed

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

Watcher

Post by Watcher »

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Watcher wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:01 am
The defence made it easy for him though :o .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:34 am
Watcher wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:01 am
The defence made it easy for him though :o .
Very similar to the goal he scored at Goodison when we won there under Pellegrini.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:03 pm I thought their centre half Carleta-Car had a decent game . He looks promising.
He's the one we are linked with. I thought he was good other than the mess he got into with Sterling that brought a booking for handball.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Good Performance...got the set up,Trippier was a surprise tho,we've got 2 cracking leftbacks,thought he might play a 3
with him as right side wing back..
Really like Phillips coming on really well,him and Dec Work well together,Henderson would always be a starter for me,
but not so sure how we work him in now.
Mings as well going up in my estimation,would have given the Nod to Coady over him,tight call,but don't think we miss
Maguire at all.
If Grealish Scored more he'd prob keep Sterling out...But Sterling does pop up with goals,and we don't score enough as
it is..
Kane was quite,maybe doesn't fit in with this system,he likes playing deeper,still have to start him tho.
Kept a Very Good side pretty quite,clean sheet,and 3pts so all good...

Who did Sterling give the Captains arm band to as he went off late on...thought might have heard something if it was Declan..

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Not long now

west ham V the Bleach drinkers
Covid in the Boardroom