UEFA, Ronaldo and Pogba

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

UEFA, Ronaldo and Pogba

Post by eskimo joe »

Now if sponsors lose billions because one player removes a bottle of cola from a sponsor, a drink he doesnt indulge in, then maybe its about time for them to find a better way of showing their items instead of trying to hoodwink the public into thinking its the players drink of choice. ( Yeh i know, its always, or often been the case.) point is he made a stand, as did Pogba ,who is a practicing Muslim ,when he removed the beer that was sat in front of him.

Now UEFA has said they are open to be fined as it goes against the federations policy of sponsorship signed by all national federations. Oh, 1 proviso is that its ok if its done for religious reasons. Wouldnt it have been better to at least have realised the possibilities that sticking a beer can in front of a muslim wasnt really a good idea.

To date they have said it will be passed to the Natiols federation and left up to them whether to take it further. IE, pass it to the players.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

BlackDiamond

Re: UEFA, Ronaldo and Pogba

Post by BlackDiamond »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:15 pm Now if sponsors lose billions because one player removes a bottle of cola from a sponsor, a drink he doesnt indulge in, then maybe its about time for them to find a better way of showing their items instead of trying to hoodwink the public into thinking its the players drink of choice. ( Yeh i know, its always, or often been the case.) point is he made a stand, as did Pogba ,who is a practicing Muslim ,when he removed the beer that was sat in front of him.

Now UEFA has said they are open to be fined as it goes against the federations policy of sponsorship signed by all national federations. Oh, 1 proviso is that its ok if its done for religious reasons. Wouldnt it have been better to at least have realised the possibilities that sticking a beer can in front of a muslim wasnt really a good idea.

To date they have said it will be passed to the Natiols federation and left up to them whether to take it further. IE, pass it to the players.
On the basis of there being no real bad publicity, Coca Cola and the beer manufacturer have now had their brand mentioned (freely) elsewhere in the media, not just within the sports football community,which they paid to do.

And if that wasn't quite good enough, UEFA have made sure the story gets another public go round. I would say these companies marketing depts couldn't plan that - could they ?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Heard Coca Cola value has gone down $4 billion coz of Ronaldo. I coulda got that wrong but sure that’s what was written :lol: :lol: :lol:
COYI!!!

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:49 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:15 pm Now if sponsors lose billions because one player removes a bottle of cola from a sponsor, a drink he doesnt indulge in, then maybe its about time for them to find a better way of showing their items instead of trying to hoodwink the public into thinking its the players drink of choice. ( Yeh i know, its always, or often been the case.) point is he made a stand, as did Pogba ,who is a practicing Muslim ,when he removed the beer that was sat in front of him.

On the basis of there being no real bad publicity, Coca Cola and the beer manufacturer have now had their brand mentioned (freely) elsewhere in the media, not just within the sports football community,which they paid to do.

And if that wasn't quite good enough, UEFA have made sure the story gets another public go round. I would say these companies marketing depts couldn't plan that - could they ?
Iwonder if Ronaldos drink of choice is Perrier.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

"Wouldnt it have been better to at least have realised the possibilities that sticking a beer can in front of a muslim wasnt really a good idea."

muzzys are as hypocritical as the rest...they drink and bend the rules when it suits them....

The so called billions these firms have lost is just notional and makes for a good story...not as if Coke was going to be sold today for £200billion and this afternoon the buyer dropped the offer to £196billion

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:04 pm "Wouldnt it have been better to at least have realised the possibilities that sticking a beer can in front of a muslim wasnt really a good idea."

muzzys are as hypocritical as the rest...they drink and bend the rules when it suits them....

The so called billions these firms have lost is just notional and makes for a good story...not as if Coke was going to be sold today for £200billion and this afternoon the buyer dropped the offer to £196billion
Yo aren’t wrong about the so called muslim aversion to booze mate. When I worked n the city the company I worked for at the time were pitching for a major contract with a Saudi company. We threw a reception for the prospective client and the bar bill was out of this world.

I thought I could drink but those camel drivers put us Brits to shame that night.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Keep it under your Taqiya ,they do like a gamble as well.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

It's an Alcohol free beer...... :lol:

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:52 pm It's an Alcohol free beer...... :lol:
Yes and that wasn't by accident. The thought obviously, was no one could be sensitive and object to an alcohol free drink on display...could they.

I would like to see cartons of Marlboro cigarettes piled into a Jenga tower construction next time. I bet they would disappear pretty quick too

h69

Post by h69 »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:04 pm "Wouldnt it have been better to at least have realised the possibilities that sticking a beer can in front of a muslim wasnt really a good idea."

It gives Sky and BBC yet another story to get all high and mighty over ...... oh and Gareth Southgate too.