The appointment of Nicole Farley and Elliot Whitely is another step towards a more diverse coaching staff at West Ham

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: The appointment of Nicole Farley and Elliot Whitely is another step towards a more diverse coaching staff at West Ha

Post by ToneLoc »

Flairon wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:21 pm
Newmarket wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:58 am

goodpost:)
My guess would be that it is not representative of society, but what do I know!?!
Films and TV shows in the genre of fiction and fantasy aren’t supposed to be representative of society are they?
If they are then how about the culture police dig up and re-bury J.R.R Tolkien for racially unequal representation in his peoples of Middle Earth?

Of course Amazon are already in the process of re-writing his books for him.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

JayK

Re: The appointment of Nicole Farley and Elliot Whitely is another step towards a more diverse coaching staff at West Ha

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:53 pm
JayK wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:59 pm

No, they often have shows on their tv channel
Ann at the time was described as 'black sheep' and the Chan 5 reseachers when they submitted their report, carelessly omitted the word 'sheep'
:lol: Good old channel 5. The Sunday sport of tv
COYI!!!

h69

Post by h69 »

JayK wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:02 pm
Towie wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:56 pm

I agree it should be about choosing the best people on ability. Maybe the actress portraying Anne Boleyn was the best when trying out for the part?

As for advertising for BAME trainees that is something that should be legally challenged as clearly it is wrong.

Would be like me advertising for blondes with big tits only. :twisted:
That’s fair enough though
What are they basing that on though

Yes but the idea of an actor or actress playing the part is that they look and act like that person as best as you can manage. What next, a male disabled Anne Boleyn because a geezer looked good in a screen test ?

It is box ticking

h69

Post by h69 »

Flairon wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:19 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:27 am

I agree with you.

If you are making a drama in a certain area,it`should be based on that with the characters.Like you say Eastenders should have all races/ethnics on it.Where are the Eastern Europeans in these soaps?

One thing I found totally ridiculous was the period drama,that had a black Anne Boleyn in?....WHY?
What show was that?
https://www.my5.tv/anne-boleyn/season-1/episode-1

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

It’s all done to shit stir by the honky haters.

JayK

Post by JayK »

h69 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:56 pm
JayK wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:02 pm

That’s fair enough though
What are they basing that on though

Yes but the idea of an actor or actress playing the part is that they look and act like that person as best as you can manage. What next, a male disabled Anne Boleyn because a geezer looked good in a screen test ?

It is box ticking
Not sure you were actually replying to me. I was commenting on the advertising for a blonde with big tits. Absolutely ok with that. Although I prefer brunettes
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:16 pm It’s all done to shit stir by the honky haters.
Honky haters :lol: :lol: :lol:
COYI!!!

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Is it not odd that people complain about a black actress playing Ann Boleyn seem to forget blonde haired, blue eyed Jesus, amongst others.
Flairon

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Flairon wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:38 am Is it not odd that people complain about a black actress playing Ann Boleyn seem to forget blonde haired, blue eyed Jesus, amongst others.
I know it’s disgusting mate .

There’ll be a blonde haired blue eyed Luke Skywalker soon .
And as the song goes “and if you know your history …” :roll:
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Flairon wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:38 am Is it not odd that people complain about a black actress playing Ann Boleyn seem to forget blonde haired, blue eyed Jesus, amongst others.
What did he look like then?
COYI!!!