The appointment of Nicole Farley and Elliot Whitely is another step towards a more diverse coaching staff at West Ham

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Re: The appointment of Nicole Farley and Elliot Whitely is another step towards a more diverse coaching staff at West Ha

Post by Flairon »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:16 am
Flairon wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:51 pm

Where did I suggest all Egyptians were black? I said there was a long history of white actors portraying non white characters. I would argue that a large portion of Egyptians, especially from that period would be considered non white.

An example of a non white fictional character being portrayed by a white actors would be Othello. The birth of a nation is another example , as are many westerns.
So there’s a chance Cleopatra may have been Caucasian ?
You did suggest that Cleopatra couldn’t have been as she was Egyptian?
Anyway that’s been dealt with above anyway . To be honest you got me with Othello , Comprehensives in Barking never went beyond Romeo & Juliet and even most of that went woooosh :lol:

To be fair to you , you are right what you said above about it being ridiculous both ways but that said , it doesn’t make Channel 5’s decision to cast a black Anne Boleyn any less ridiculous.

There box ticking and then there’s box ticking .
And of course that was my point. I believe the practice is ridiculous. However, it is a bit ridiculous making a fuss about this one instance when there is a long record of the reverse happening.

Now for those who still do not get my point, I am NOT defending a black actress playing Ann Boleyn. I was simply highlighting the hypocrisy of people getting upset by it, but be perfectly okay with the opposite scenario.
Flairon

terrya1965

Re: The appointment of Nicole Farley and Elliot Whitely is another step towards a more diverse coaching staff at West Ha

Post by terrya1965 »

It don't matter if a person is black,white,brown ,green or blue.We are all human beings and we should all be treated the same.If somebody is respectful to me,I am back.That`s how it should be and that's how the majority of this country see it.

You will always have uneducated ignorant idiots in the world and that will continue.

You will always have the sh*t stirrers has well,who will try to divide us all.

JayK

Post by JayK »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:42 am It don't matter if a person is black,white,brown ,green or blue.We are all human beings and we should all be treated the same.If somebody is respectful to me,I am back.That`s how it should be and that's how the majority of this country see it.

You will always have uneducated ignorant idiots in the world and that will continue.

Absolutely Tel!! 👏🏽
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:42 am
I believe they are often called politicians are they not. ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:42 am It don't matter if a person is black,white,brown ,green or blue.We are all human beings and we should all be treated the same.If somebody is respectful to me,I am back.That`s how it should be and that's how the majority of this country see it.

All together now “Ebony and Ivory ,live together in perfect harmony “…….

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:39 pm

Asif :lol: the media don’t want that . The Beeb will see to it.
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:34 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:39 pm

Asif :lol: the media don’t want that . The Beeb will see to it.
The BBC are one of the media companies,that cause divide..They are the biggest sh*t stirrers of them all.

h69

Post by h69 »

Flairon wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:22 am
Clayton wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:00 am

Ann Boleyn with a actual person born in Norfolk in the 15th century who went on to become Queen of England , it's fact .

While Jesus in the christian faith is the incarnation of God the Son and the awaited messiah (the Christ), prophesied in the Old Testament of the Bible .
Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed , though the quest for the historical Jesus has yielded some uncertainty on the historical reliability of the Gospels and on how closely the Jesus portrayed in the Bible reflects the historical Jesus, as the only records of Jesus's life are contained in the Gospels .

As far as I am concerned Jesus is a fictional character from a fictional book , his image is whatever his believers think he may look like ! .
Joseph Fienes playing Michael Jackson
Elizabeth Taylor playing Cleopatra
John Wayne playing Genghis Khan

There is a long history of white actors portraying non white characters, both historical and fictional.

Personally I think the practice is quite frankly ridiculous, but what is good for the goose and all that.
Joseph Fienes is playing Michael Jackson because the freak (Jackson) altered his skin to be white. You can't have a black person playing him.
Attachments
Joseph-Fiennes-Michael-Jackson.png
Joseph-Fiennes-Michael-Jackson.png (558.3 KiB) Viewed 681 times

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

h69 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:28 am
Flairon wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:22 am

Joseph Fienes playing Michael Jackson
Elizabeth Taylor playing Cleopatra
John Wayne playing Genghis Khan

There is a long history of white actors portraying non white characters, both historical and fictional.

Personally I think the practice is quite frankly ridiculous, but what is good for the goose and all that.
Joseph Fienes is playing Michael Jackson because the freak (Jackson) altered his skin to be white. You can't have a black person playing him.
What about during the early beers...

h69

Post by h69 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:31 am
h69 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:28 am

What about during the early beers...
Then it would have to be a child but the program was just referencing the late years I think.... Actually Jackson looks whiter than Fienes.